2 replies to this topic

#1 candyK

candyK

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

I have literally 14,000 scanned images which are ALL in need of clean up for dust and dirt. Are there any porcedures which will do this in batches? I have cs4 and LRoom 3? OR do you know of any actions which would run through a batch?
Thanks, candyK

#2 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,321 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

Wow. Eek! I've been cleaning up photos for my FIL's album (http://scrapgirls.ne...__fromsearch__1) and certainly wished I'd found something like the actions you're requesting. My pictures all needed varying degrees of color correction and bringing back contrast, etc., so sometimes I did dust/speckle removal before correction, and other times after. Let me know if you find something!

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

#3 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,937 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:19 AM

14,000 is a LOT of photos! I believe the digital ice that comes with a lot of scanner software does that while scanning. Kind of late for that now though.
When I needed something for a batch, I just wrote my own (actually, Bob did it because he likes doing them.) ;) I'm a little too picky when it comes to fixing and I want to see the correction on each photo so I don't lose any more detail than necessary.
I would dink with a few of them in lightroom and see if you can get results you like, then save the settings as a preset. Then you can apply the preset. Maybe you could convince our amazing Katherine Weaver to come up with something. :)

Good luck!

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngWT-Button-copy.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users