4 replies to this topic

#1 Gavin's Grandma

Gavin's Grandma

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:20 PM

I have read that PSE is not feasible on net books as the working desktop won't all fit on the screen. Does anyone have experience running it on a 14" laptop? I know I will need to replace my antiquated laptop soon and would like something that I can use in lounging around mode. I have disk problems in my neck and sitting at my desk for very long just kills my neck and shoulders. I love my iPad for this reason. I can lay back on the sofa or recliner and do my stuff, but it isn't any good for things like PSE. Am wondering what the smallest screen that would work with PSE would be and would like to hear from anyone who has ideas for my predicament.

#2 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:33 PM

My laptop is 15" and is just fine for scrapping...have been using it almost exclusively for a couple of years. I did use PSE5 or 6 on a netbook, but it just wasn't comfortable...too small. As I recall, everything fit on the screen, it was just too tiny. My 15" is very comfortable to use. I'm in reclining mode right now. LOL.
Posted Image

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Gavin's Grandma

Gavin's Grandma

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:49 AM

I'm not seeing any screaming deals on laptops right now...supposedly because of hard drive shortages caused by flooding in the far east. Maybe after the holidays I'll be able to pick up a refurbished 14" when people have upgraded.

#4 MariJ

MariJ

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Welcoming Committee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,352 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

Hi - I do all of my scrapping on a 13" Mac laptop and never have a problem.. Apple is known for high-resolution screens so the quality is great and I'm so used to a small screen I don't know the difference!

gallery_19549_358_19841.png
BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif     Button_Welcome.png    Button_Published.png WT-Button-copy.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#5 Gavin's Grandma

Gavin's Grandma

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

My laptop is 15" and is just fine for scrapping...have been using it almost exclusively for a couple of years. I did use PSE5 or 6 on a netbook, but it just wasn't comfortable...too small. As I recall, everything fit on the screen, it was just too tiny. My 15" is very comfortable to use. I'm in reclining mode right now. LOL.

Since the netbook probably did not have a DVD drive for installation, did you copy the program files onto a flash drive or SD card to install them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users