Paint Shop Pro X4 Ultimate

kenzirhea

I don't know if this is a setting I'm missing or what. . . I have used Corel for a few years and always comfortable with it. . I honestly figured the newer version wouldn't be a problem, but since purchasing the x4 Ultimate from a lightening deal on Amazon I'm already having issues! When trying to make a scrap page, the layering feature isn't working properly, or my settings are not correct for viewing what I want. As I add to my project, I can see the Layer box open, but only seeing one object at a time - it isn't showing me the multiple items I have - the only way to switch out is to click on the embellishment or photo that I am wanting to edit, which also makes it difficult for me to move layers up/down as easily as with other versions. I want to see the layers stacked one on top of the other in the layer box, but I can only see one or none at all. It's really frustrating. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. Any help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a setting I'm missing or what. . . I have used Corel for a few years and always comfortable with it. . I honestly figured the newer version wouldn't be a problem, but since purchasing the x4 Ultimate from a lightening deal on Amazon I'm already having issues! When trying to make a scrap page, the layering feature isn't working properly, or my settings are not correct for viewing what I want. As I add to my project, I can see the Layer box open, but only seeing one object at a time - it isn't showing me the multiple items I have - the only way to switch out is to click on the embellishment or photo that I am wanting to edit, which also makes it difficult for me to move layers up/down as easily as with other versions. I want to see the layers stacked one on top of the other in the layer box, but I can only see one or none at all. It's really frustrating. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. Any help is appreciated!

Hi - I too had the same problem with PSP X4 - I went to Corel and found that they had a new Patch for PSP X4(230 MB) and that did solve quite a few problems - hope it works for you. I do like this program but I do find is slower than PSP X2 - especially when merging layers. Linda

• 2 months later...

X4 has update for issues with the first release, just do an update and it should resolve your issues. As I work between 9 and X4 I still use my psp files, by using preferences and telling X4 where to find it under file location. It works with everything to include my plug-in's which is great. LOL completely late on this subject, I hope you sorted it out. :)

Regards

March

Go to your gray tool bar on top (browser(..right click anywhere in the gray area you will see your tool palettes..click on the layers one..make sure your layers are open..I have had the same problem in the past..it should work for the same way for all versions..hope I helped.

Archived