Hybrid Atc Sign Up Details

Bride

Hi all,

If there is still room count me in! Sorry to have missed December!

Plenty of room! Just added you - welcome aboard!!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never done one of these but I'd like to give it a try...still got room?

Absolutely there is room! Glad to have you join us. If you need any direction or have questions, feel free to ask here. I'll be sending out pm's with my address at the close of sign-ups. Welcome aboard!

I've never done one of these but I'd like to give it a try...still got room?

Absolutely there is room! Glad to have you join us. If you need any direction or have questions, feel free to ask here. I'll be sending out pm's with my address at the close of sign-ups. Welcome aboard!

Cool! I've of course seen the beautiful ATC's you guys post in the gallery. When you print them, to you back them on cardstock, print them double sided? Also, how 3-D can I go with embellishments? I've never seen the baseball card sleeves you mentioned, but they would need to fit in that?

There are several ways you can go about assembling them. Some print duplex, and some print the two sides touching on one edge and fold over and adhere. It's a little easier to print duplex if you use a template. One suggestion was to not have the edges of the back side real defined, so if it didn't line up perfectly no one would know.

It's easier to use the baseball card sleeves, so it is helpful for them to fit in the sleeve. That's been more of a problem with twine wrapping around the outside edges, making the card too wide to slide in, rather than how much the embellishments stick up.

The baseball card holders are 8.5x11 to fit in a 3 ring binder. They can be found at Target in the checkout aisles, as well as other places.

If you're only sending 9, it works to fold the holder up in thirds and use a legal envelope, but if you go to a second sheet it may be safer to use a flat envelope. HTHs

What Gayle said is true "It's easier to use the baseball card sleeves, so it is helpful for them to fit in the sleeve. That's been more of a problem with twine wrapping around the outside edges, making the card too wide to slide in, rather than how much the embellishments stick up."

I wrapped mine with twine and had a hard time getting them in the sleevs and I know I must have made Lei's job more difficult - I just wan't thinking - PUS I love using the twine@

Something to consider,

If you want to use twine, you could consider "layering" your card. I often have made a base card 2.5 by 3.5 using it sort of as a mat for a contrasting top card that is 2 x 3 or 2.25 x 3.24 .. the twine (or wire) can then be wrapped around the smaller card before attaching it to the base layer card. If you look at this Valentine Hybrid you can see the b&w checked ribbon wraps around the top layers only and then adhered to the black base card.

Also, by "layering" your card you can choose to mat the front and back and not worry about exact matching of front to back, if that is something you worry about,. 2010 Christmas Hybrid

is an example of both front and back layered onto black cardstock.

One important thing is to remember to include your name on the back and # ___ through #made (1 of 12, etc). I will often include the date and the subject. These are really so much fun.

Hope this helps, Angela, and that you enjoy making them as much as we do!

If you want to use twine, you could consider "layering" your card. I often have made a base card 2.5 by 3.5 using it sort of as a mat for a contrasting top card that is 2 x 3 or 2.25 x 3.24 .. the twine (or wire) can then be wrapped around the smaller card before attaching it to the base layer card. If you look at this Valentine Hybrid you can see the b&w checked ribbon wraps around the top layers only and then adhered to the black base card.

Also, by "layering" your card you can choose to mat the front and back and not worry about exact matching of front to back, if that is something you worry about,. 2010 Christmas Hybrid

is an example of both front and back layered onto black cardstock.

One important thing is to remember to include your name on the back and # ___ through #made (1 of 12, etc). I will often include the date and the subject. These are really so much fun.

Hope this helps, Angela, and that you enjoy making them as much as we do!

That's a good idea, Lei - I felt terrible that the last ATCs I did had twine tied around each one of them and I, myself had difficulty getting them to fit in the sleeves so I knew they were going to be difficult for getting them out and putting them in everyone's card holder - I will try and keep your suggestion mind should I use any twine on mine this next time.

I love Smiles suggestion of 'print the two sides touching on one edge and fold over and adhere'. Don't know why I never thought of that. DUH! Senior moment.

I always forget to add my name and number the cards. I'll try to remember this time, I hope.

I'll have to put that reminder on my brand new wall post it board. That is when I get it.

I love Smiles suggestion of 'print the two sides touching on one edge and fold over and adhere'. Don't know why I never thought of that. DUH! Senior moment.

I always forget to add my name and number the cards. I'll try to remember this time, I hope.

I'll have to put that reminder on my brand new wall post it board. That is when I get it.

I think I might try Gayle's little suggestion of wisdom too, Carol - it might save some sticky fingers! I'll try it on a couple first just to make sure I'm not all thumbs!

I've always done the fold and glue technique....so very much easier. Can't wait to get started on these!

I'm with you Ann, I also use the fold and glue method, I think it's definitely the easiest way!

I've always done the fold and glue technique....so very much easier. Can't wait to get started on these!

I'm with you Ann, I also use the fold and glue method, I think it's definitely the easiest way!

I think it makes it easier to do your computer design on front and back that way too instead of dealing with two different cards that you are just going to glue together anyway - don't you?

These are great tips! I've got all kinds of ideas floating through my brain about these- how exciting!

So glad you are joining us Angela - looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Well I really dont know how I nearly missed this post---must be the Christms rush no wonder they call it the silly season!!!!

Anyway now time to relax ---please include me :)

So glad you saw this, Jane! Glad to have you, as always!!

The Christmas Tree is still up and yet, I'm thinking about Valentine's Day already -really, thining about ATC Valentine ATCs! So many ideas - I just hope I can transfer thoughts to the real thing! I can't wait to get started!

I sort of have an idea for this but I hope the last ones arrive soon as its now 2012 and you all said how lovely they were :)

Methinks our mail is being attacked by SG gremlins, Jane - i still have not gotten your cards from the card swap yet. I, too, am anxious to get started on this new ATC swap! Hearts and flowers and Valentines! YEA!

Shannon

Lei

Carla

Theresa (teecee)

Marilyn (MariJ)

Diane (Florida granny)

Elisha (Elibar)

AnnBK

Gayle (smiles)

Sara Arell

Carol (lorac)

Dori

Karen (butterflykisses)

Angela (Molczan)

Jane (in NZ)

Woo-Hoo! We have a fabulous group this time - I can't wait to get started on mine - I have little hearts and flowers dancing around in my head! And welcome to the ATC swap, Dori!

Ok - hopefully each of you should receive a pm from me with details and postal address. Let the creating fun begin!! :D

Archived