Hybrid Atc Sign Up Details

Bride

Sara's right...a little extra color getting onto the design is just fine! I inked the edges of my cards (mostly to hide the fact that they weren't cut/folded exactly even-LOL!)and even tried to get a little onto the front and the corners. You could practice on the edges of some junk mail to see what you like best.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my ATCs are designed, printed, assembled and waiting for blinging! One QUESTION, please?

How can I color the edges of the card? They are very white while the card is colored. I remember someone said something once about "destressing" ink or inkpad. I actually got an inkpad yesterday, (am I getting into this or what?!) but have no idea how to do this without possibly messing up the entire card. I know I can sorta slide the edge against the inkpad, but am afraid of getting ink on the actual card. Can someone help? Is there a preferred way to do this and how do I?

Thanks so much :)

One way I was shown to do this is to take a sponge and dab it onto your inkpad and gently brush the edges of your card AND like Angela said you can try it on junk mail envelopes first! There is a video from Dawn's Stamping Studio - you can find it on You-Tube (so if you go to You-Tube and type Vintage Card With Dawn in the search box, it will be the first result) if you watch the video starting at the 3 minute mark you will see how she does it! HTH!

Well, my ATCs are designed, printed, assembled and waiting for blinging! One QUESTION, please?

How can I color the edges of the card? They are very white while the card is colored. I remember someone said something once about "destressing" ink or inkpad. I actually got an inkpad yesterday, (am I getting into this or what?!) but have no idea how to do this without possibly messing up the entire card. I know I can sorta slide the edge against the inkpad, but am afraid of getting ink on the actual card. Can someonThae help? Is there a preferred way to do this and how do I?

One way I was shown to do this is to take a sponge and dab it onto your inkpad and gently brush the edges of your card AND like Angela said you can try it on junk mail envelopes first! There is a video from Dawn's Stamping Studio - you can find it on You-Tube (so if you go to You-Tube and type Vintage Card With Dawn in the search box, it will be the first result)if you watch the video starting at the 3 minute mark you will see how she does it! HTH!

Thanks Sherry for the very specific directions - I actually watched the entire video :) -- very interesting!

How can I color the edges of the card? They are very white while the card is colored. I remember someone said something once about "destressing" ink or inkpad. I actually got an inkpad yesterday, (am I getting into this or what?!) but have no idea how to do this without possibly messing up the entire card. I know I can sorta slide the edge against the inkpad, but am afraid of getting ink on the actual card. Can someonThae help? Is there a preferred way to do this and how do I?

One way I was shown to do this is to take a sponge and dab it onto your inkpad and gently brush the edges of your card AND like Angela said you can try it on junk mail envelopes first! There is a video from Dawn's Stamping Studio - you can find it on You-Tube (so if you go to You-Tube and type Vintage Card With Dawn in the search box, it will be the first result)if you watch the video starting at the 3 minute mark you will see how she does it! HTH!

Thanks Sherry for the very specific directions - I actually watched the entire video :) -- very interesting!

You are very welcome - I love her videos AND she has some great tutorials on hybrid cards!

Well, I am now officially worried...my cards should have made their way to Lei by today, but she's not reporting that they did. Worry, worry, worry.

So sorry to worry you, Ann! I did receive them and I did mark "Received" in the second post of this thread. I just got side-tracked and forgot to make a new post here. And btw, GEORGEOUS!!

How can I color the edges of the card? They are very white while the card is colored. I remember someone said something once about "destressing" ink or inkpad. I actually got an inkpad yesterday, (am I getting into this or what?!) but have no idea how to do this without possibly messing up the entire card. I know I can sorta slide the edge against the inkpad, but am afraid of getting ink on the actual card. Can someone help? Is there a preferred way to do this and how do I?

Marilyn, sliding the edge along the inpad won't mess up your card - at least in my experience it adds a nice touch if a wee bit of the ink gets on the design - but if you just carefully hold the inkpad and rub it on the edges, you can do it without getting it on other parts of your card - easy pease, my friend.

Sara, wanted to say "THANKS" again for your quick and kind reply. I didn't have a sponge around, so decided to be brave after reading what you wrote and I slid the edges of ALL my cards along the inkpad and it worked! You and Angela are right (thanks, too Angela) - a little ink on the sides didn't matter. Actually it was just about the same color so didn't even show! :) Whew....

Sara's right...a little extra color getting onto the design is just fine! I inked the edges of my cards (mostly to hide the fact that they weren't cut/folded exactly even-LOL!)and even tried to get a little onto the front and the corners. You could practice on the edges of some junk mail to see what you like best.

Thanks, Angela - it's also good for covering up those little "boo-boo's that so often this "sticky fingers" member tends to make - I love the distressing ink!

Marilyn, sliding the edge along the inpad won't mess up your card - at least in my experience it adds a nice touch if a wee bit of the ink gets on the design - but if you just carefully hold the inkpad and rub it on the edges, you can do it without getting it on other parts of your card - easy pease, my friend.

Sara, wanted to say "THANKS" again for your quick and kind reply. I didn't have a sponge around, so decided to be brave after reading what you wrote and I slid the edges of ALL my cards along the inkpad and it worked! You and Angela are right (thanks, too Angela) - a little ink on the sides didn't matter. Actually it was just about the same color so didn't even show! :) Whew....

Glad it helped, Marilyn - it's good for so many things - covering up mistakes, adding a touch of grunge and honestly, I think it adds an certain elegance to the ATC card.

EYE CANDY ALERT ....

When? This afternoon!

Where? My mailbox @ home

What? TeeCee & FloridaGranny's ATCs ..... Simply BEAUTIFUL!!

:disappearing-smilie: *sorry ... I have to tease ... you ladies are going to flip over all these beautiful cards!!! :disappearing-smilie:

EYE CANDY ALERT ....

When? This afternoon!

Where? My mailbox @ home

What? TeeCee & FloridaGranny's ATCs ..... Simply BEAUTIFUL!!

:disappearing-smilie: *sorry ... I have to tease ... you ladies are going to flip over all these beautiful cards!!! :disappearing-smilie:

Glad mine arrive OK -- I was keeping my fingers crossed. Ummm.... I know what mine look like, but... how about just a TINY peak at the others? C'mon, Lei; I can't stand the suspense!

As usual, I am late in getting my cards out in the mail. I would have had them done and out last week, however, I was visited by Mr. Sinus and Mr. Migraine. Wasn't a fun week. Anyway, I'll be putting them in the mail, hopefully, Saturday.

O--KAY!!!! :) MIne are finished and in the envelope - will be mailed tomorrow! Hope I can keep up with those beauties you've been getting, Lei! :)

They have arrived safe and sound and they are gorgeous, Marilyn!

O--KAY!!!! :) MIne are finished and in the envelope - will be mailed tomorrow! Hope I can keep up with those beauties you've been getting, Lei! :)

They have arrived safe and sound and they are gorgeous, Marilyn!

AWWwwwww.. THanks Lei - can't wait to see them all! :)

Archived