Psp X And Newer Versions ?

msscrappyr

I am new to digi scrapping and PSP X came with my laptop. Should I get a newer version or just stick with PSPx? I want to get the tutorials Ro has but will wait until someone lets me know whether I should update first or not. Thanks for your help everyone.

I am new to digi scrapping and PSP X came with my laptop. Should I get a newer version or just stick with PSPx? I want to get the tutorials Ro has but will wait until someone lets me know whether I should update first or not. Thanks for your help everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I upgrade my PSP, I take advantage of the try before you buy download of the full software available at Corel's website. The bonus with doing that with PSP X4 is that you don't have to uninstall your older PSP versions. (And X4 isn't a resource hog, either, thank goodness!) If you do try the upgrade before you buy, you'll have ample time to adjust, figure out what's new, figure out what's been renamed (for instance, the mirror tool is now "flip horizontally" and "flip vertically" in X4) and you can decide if you want to take the leap. Some people use multiple versions of PSP at the same time, so there's no reason to get of one version over another if your computer can hack it.

The only thing I really dislike about X4 is that it no longer uses the same folder for user added files (I saved My PSP Files on a flash drive before I installed X4 to be on the safe side). In the older versions, the added goodies-- brushes, tubes, textures, gradients, etc -- you put in My Documents> My PSP Files. If you want to use those files, you have to use the resource manager to add the folders manually. Other than that, I love X4 simply because its so much faster!

P.S. Corel often has great deals-- I paid $29.99 for X3 Ultimate earlier this year and it was not the upgrade (cause I put it on my laptop!). I paid more for the upgrade to X4, but only because I was too impatient to wait and I have xmas money. So, keep an eye on Corel's specials.

Before I upgrade my PSP, I take advantage of the try before you buy download of the full software available at Corel's website. The bonus with doing that with PSP X4 is that you don't have to uninstall your older PSP versions. (And X4 isn't a resource hog, either, thank goodness!) If you do try the upgrade before you buy, you'll have ample time to adjust, figure out what's new, figure out what's been renamed (for instance, the mirror tool is now "flip horizontally" and "flip vertically" in X4) and you can decide if you want to take the leap. Some people use multiple versions of PSP at the same time, so there's no reason to get of one version over another if your computer can hack it.

The only thing I really dislike about X4 is that it no longer uses the same folder for user added files (I saved My PSP Files on a flash drive before I installed X4 to be on the safe side). In the older versions, the added goodies-- brushes, tubes, textures, gradients, etc -- you put in My Documents> My PSP Files. If you want to use those files, you have to use the resource manager to add the folders manually. Other than that, I love X4 simply because its so much faster!

• 2 months later...

I feel so old..I learned on psp 7 and went to psp 8 and still use it. I have tried the newer versions but don't like them at all..I know where everthing is in it and it works great for now. May sometime in the future I will up date.

I feel so old..I learned on psp 7 and went to psp 8 and still use it. I have tried the newer versions but don't like them at all..I know where everthing is in it and it works great for now. May sometime in the future I will up date.

I learned with PSPx2. It took me a several years to finally upgrade to PSE5, and then I stuck with that one for a long time before I upgraded to PSE9. Once you get used to a certain software, it is hard to upgrade to something new and re-learn everything!

Archived