Mint Tin Album

Scrapin Pat

I am ready to put my mint tin album together. On the instructions it suggests that I use "a permanent glue runner" for attaching the cover. I'm not sure if a glue runner is a specific thing or just running a contiuous layer of glue around the edges. Can anyone tell me.

Pat, a glue runner is a specific thing - I have one and it's just called a Glue Runner - there are several different ones out there - I ordered mine online but I think Michaels might have them.

....and if Lei sees this she can give you more specifics - she turned me onto the Glue Runners!

They are a very easy and neat (as in no mess) way to adhere things. You could use whatever adhesive you have on hand, just keeping in mind if you use something like ModPodge, you'd need to spray a fixative first if you have an inkjet printer. And if it's going to be carried in a purse, would the edges of the paper come up (which they might if you use double sided tape).

I prefer glue runners because they are less mess. I usually adhere with a glue runner b/c its "dry" adhesive. Then seal with a light coat of a sealant like Mod Podge. If you use a dry first, I've found that you're less likely to get smearing and tearing of your paper.

They are a very easy and neat (as in no mess) way to adhere things. You could use whatever adhesive you have on hand, just keeping in mind if you use something like ModPodge, you'd need to spray a fixative first if you have an inkjet printer. And if it's going to be carried in a purse, would the edges of the paper come up (which they might if you use double sided tape).

What kind of fixative do you use?

What kind of fixative do you use?

Pat, the fixative I have used says "sealant" on the can and it's a matte sealant. It's been awhile since I bought it so don't know what others might be available. HTH

Archived