2011 Tree Of Doom

April Showers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tree of Doom is truly precious, April, but I'm already nuts enough to even attempt it - So, I'll just watch everyone else have fun - singing happy wishes for you all that you find them all - ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ (now that I can copy the musical notes, you might see them in all of my posts! :disappearing-smilie:

Ladies, Thank you once again for my now annual "What to do since DH is working Christmas" game I truly don't think of it as a Doom Tree at all but as a Thank You Tree.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

CC

I always had a lot of fun finding the tree items too. I believe it was Danna (a former welcoming committee member) who coined the "doom" term and it just stuck! :D

I am done for now - there is one embellie I just can't find. I am going to go back through my confirmed links & note which ones I am certain of, I guess then I will go through the "I think that's it" s till I find the missing embellie. I will let those of you brighter than me have a giggle - it's the star with a pearl in it. Grrr.

I'm not sure if this works for all operating systems and/or browsers, but after I click on the image I just press CTRL and the + key several times to enlarge/zoom in on the picture. Just hold the CTRL key down while pressing the + key until the image is a large as you want. To return to the regular size, hold the CTRL key and press the minus key. This works for any page where I want to be able to see things at a larger scale, such as small print or fine detail.

Well, someone who turned in their sheet was stumped on the star had another one wrong. The one she chose looks really close to the one on the tree, but it wasn't in the boutique when I created the tree....

I even opened both product pages to check them and there definitely is a difference.

So did I confuse you even more? ;)

No, I found the silly thing. I have probably looked at it several times & it was the designer I thought it would be too. Ugh. On to the papers.

Shocked that someone already turned in the card - WOW!

Actually, someone has already turned one in with all the right answers!

Even the Boutique Diva is impressed. ;)

I can't find that one yet, either Jenna.

Also had a question, April. I found an embellishment which is exactly the same but flipped horizontally. Is that ok?

Send me a PM and let me check it, okay?

Yes, it is okay! I flipped it. It is the stocking, for those of you who are wondering.

For those of you saying you simply can't do it, I wanted to point out that traditionally the odds of winning the smaller gift cards are greater, because fewer people turn in only the smaller number of answers. So if you've never played before, or are too busy to give it your usual attention this year, challenge yourself to find just 6 or 11 so you can enter at that level!

OH, Man.. I have been searching each night when I sit to rest and I'm SO CLOSE, but stuck on a few papers.

That star is tricky, April.

I need some encouragement. I so wanted to finish it.. Sigh.. :(

I pulled it out of my stash... so obviously it was easier for me to find. ;)

You can do it!

OH, Man.. I have been searching each night when I sit to rest and I'm SO CLOSE, but stuck on a few papers.

That star is tricky, April.

I need some encouragement. I so wanted to finish it.. Sigh.. :(

I pulled it out of my stash... so obviously it was easier for me to find. ;)

You can do it!

I thought I found it, but now I'm not at all sure. I actually pulled up what I thought it was from my stash and now I'm even more confused and not sure of a few I thought I had. Sigh -- going in the wrong direction here......

Keep in mind I am working on a 13-inch screen. AARRggghhhh...... I tried enlarging in PE but it gets blurry...

Not giving up, yet. Back to work. Can you believe I was so frustrated before I took a break to wash the kitchen floor and put clothes in the dryer???? :D

Thanks for the encouragement.

Archived