Upgrade Or Not

mmouse

I am using PSE 5 and I really like it, I also purchased PSE 8, but I did not like the printing part of it. Maybe it was just me, but I could not put what I wanted to print anywhere on the page. It was always just centered, in 5 you can uncheck the center if you want. Well I was thinking of trying PSE 10. but it is giving me fits downloading. Taking 7 hours just for the Adobe Assistant, then another 6 hours to download 10. Then it didn't even download.

So I guess what I really want to know is the printing in PSE 10 more user friendly than in PSE 8?

Thank you ahead of time for any help.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Wendy Rae

I just got PSE 10 and I haven't had a chance to install it yet so I can't answer your question at the moment. It probably will be sometime next week before I get the chance to install and try it out, but if nobody else has answered your question, I'll come back to the thread and post what i find out.

I have PSE 10 also, but haven't installed it....wanted to get the Christmas projects done before launching a new program. I bought the disc version, so I can't report anything about download time. I have to say that I really like the improvements in 9, and I've been told that 10 has some great new features as well.

I'm holding off buying PSE10. I'm waiting for either PSE11 or PSE12. I use PSE9 and I have no problems with the printing. I tried the free trial of 10, but it didn't take that long to download. Goodness you have patience. And also there wasn't that much difference between 9 and 10 to make the purchase worthwhile. Anyway, I loved PSE5 but upgraded along the way and then found out that they no longer support PSE5.

I printed using PSE10 and didn't have any problems.

Thank you ladies, I finally got the download installed,WHEW!! So far I think I still like PSE 5. Will try to work some more with 10, but it looks like the printing preferences are the same as in 8. How do you get an 8x8 to print in the top part of the paper? When I try to uncheck the center, the layout goes out of sight. Must be something in the software to change this?

Thank you all so much.

Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Archived