• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Peggy S

Peggy S

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Location:I live in Woodinville, Washington, which is outside Seattle. We have a big garden and lots of tall Douglas Fir trees.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

I love Syndee Knuckles' new Embellishment clusters for Picturesque, but can't figure out how she did the detailed recoloring of the gray templates. I know how to recolor all the template, but how do you recolor little bits of it & retain the shading? I know a variety of ways to recolor, but these have me stumped. I want to buy them, but I want to know how to make them multi- colored. Is there a tutorial in the zip? Thank you for your help.

#2 Belle

Belle

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,610 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:20 AM

Yes, thanks for asking this. I would also like to know.

gallery_19386_314_49430.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#3 KayMitch

KayMitch

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love photos, love scrapping, love life.

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

I've always wondered this too. I'm sure Syndee will come along to help us all. Thanks for bringing this up. Kay
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#4 Smiles

Smiles

• Welcoming Committee
  • 9,435 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:37 PM

I just downloaded them - they come with separate pngs and a .psd, so you can tweek every layer the way you want.
I wonder if she used a Gradient?
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,814 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:09 PM

I love being able to work on each layer separately! Makes things so much easier!! They are in my basket now!

#6 B&K Mom

B&K Mom

Just a girl who loves to scrap!

• Members
  • 9,313 posts
  • Location:Northwest Alaska...loving life on the Last Frontier!

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:45 AM

Just put these in my cart. Was hoping there was a PSD for each. I was wondering how to recolor them also if there was no PSD. Thanks for asking Peggy.
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Syndee

Syndee

Pixel Geek

• Design Team
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hi there!
Each of the templates come with a layered PSD file and separate PNG's.
As far as the multi-colored effects you see in the samples-
I just just layered a paper over the template pieces, the multi colors come from the
papers I used. Does that make sense?

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_TeamMember.pngSyndee_CT-Blinkie.gif

Click the images below to be taken to the product page :)
   SNU_SSActions_ArtisticPhotoMask_MKTG150. SNU_WatercolorWonderful_Ppr_MKTG150.jpg SNU_JIF6_WatercolorWonderful_MKTG150.jpgSNU_WatercolorWonderland_Ppr_LO150.jpg
My Blog

#8 Peggy S

Peggy S

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Location:I live in Woodinville, Washington, which is outside Seattle. We have a big garden and lots of tall Douglas Fir trees.

Posted 31 December 2011 - 11:20 AM

Perfect! Thank you so much. I'm putting them in my cart right now! I really love layered files and this little hint of clipping papaers is just what I needed.

#9 Becster

Becster

• Members
  • 4,144 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Hi there!
Each of the templates come with a layered PSD file and separate PNG's.
As far as the multi-colored effects you see in the samples-
I just just layered a paper over the template pieces, the multi colors come from the
papers I used. Does that make sense?

Papers?!?!?! :hit-head-with-hammer:

Awesome technique!

gallery_20128_4545_950.jpg

SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gif

#10 PBarnes

PBarnes

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 31 December 2011 - 07:51 PM

How cool is that! That it's so simple and yet they look so beautiful. Thanks for the tip Syndee!

#11 Syndee

Syndee

Pixel Geek

• Design Team
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:51 PM

;). I layer papers over everything! LOL!

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_TeamMember.pngSyndee_CT-Blinkie.gif

Click the images below to be taken to the product page :)
   SNU_SSActions_ArtisticPhotoMask_MKTG150. SNU_WatercolorWonderful_Ppr_MKTG150.jpg SNU_JIF6_WatercolorWonderful_MKTG150.jpgSNU_WatercolorWonderland_Ppr_LO150.jpg
My Blog

#12 Lesann

Lesann

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

Okay, coming in way late to this, but that is the joy of the forum.  For instance, I want to make the stems of Modern Wall Bubbles paper, a specific pattern (yes, I know they're thin, but this is an example) I copied the layer for the stems, and placed a paper layer on top of the stem layer, but it didn't work.  What did I do wrong?  Using CS5.

L

#13 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,715 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

Okay, coming in way late to this, but that is the joy of the forum.  For instance, I want to make the stems of Modern Wall Bubbles paper, a specific pattern (yes, I know they're thin, but this is an example) I copied the layer for the stems, and placed a paper layer on top of the stem layer, but it didn't work.  What did I do wrong?  Using CS5.

L

Hi Leslie Ann, I'm not sure about CS5, but in PSE 11 you would place the paper layer that you want to use above the stem layer, then press Ctrl+G to clip the paper to the stems. I'm sure it's probably something similar in CS5. Maybe someone else will be along with more information for you. HTH :)

#14 Lesann

Lesann

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

Yes, it worked.  I didn't understand the clipping part.  I'm going to see if I can find out an explanation for that, but it did indeed work.  Thank you so much. 

Here is a weird question for you all, and maybe I should post it to the forum, but it's a bit off topic so I'm not sure.  I make book trailers for my books and I've done one so far which I like, but I want to learn more about iMovie and CS6 which I have on my mac.  Where do you all go to learn?  Lynda.com?  I have so many ideas, but no way to figure out how to make them work.

Thanks,

Leslie Ann

#15 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,715 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

Yes, it worked.  I didn't understand the clipping part.  I'm going to see if I can find out an explanation for that, but it did indeed work.  Thank you so much. 

Here is a weird question for you all, and maybe I should post it to the forum, but it's a bit off topic so I'm not sure.  I make book trailers for my books and I've done one so far which I like, but I want to learn more about iMovie and CS6 which I have on my mac.  Where do you all go to learn?  Lynda.com?  I have so many ideas, but no way to figure out how to make them work.

Thanks,

Leslie Ann

Glad it worked for you! ;)

When you press Ctrl+G you are creating a clipping mask. I don't have a lot technical information about it, but you can do a Google search for Clipping mask - Photoshop to learn more, or perhaps someone else will be along to explain more about it.

Sorry I can't help with your question about iMovie. You may want to post a question in the Mac Users or Technique: Questions & Tips forum. HTH

#16 KatieGrace

KatieGrace

• Members
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Thanks,

Leslie Ann

I've learned a lot about my software on Lynda,com. You should be able to go there and see if they have anything for iMovie before signing up. I know they have a lot for CS6. 

BLINKIES_wise1.gifBLINKIES_NightSCRAP.gifSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users