Picturesque Clusters Recoloring

Peggy S

I love Syndee Knuckles' new Embellishment clusters for Picturesque, but can't figure out how she did the detailed recoloring of the gray templates. I know how to recolor all the template, but how do you recolor little bits of it & retain the shading? I know a variety of ways to recolor, but these have me stumped. I want to buy them, but I want to know how to make them multi- colored. Is there a tutorial in the zip? Thank you for your help.

Hi there!

Each of the templates come with a layered PSD file and separate PNG's.

As far as the multi-colored effects you see in the samples-

I just just layered a paper over the template pieces, the multi colors come from the

papers I used. Does that make sense?

Perfect! Thank you so much. I'm putting them in my cart right now! I really love layered files and this little hint of clipping papaers is just what I needed.

Hi there!

Each of the templates come with a layered PSD file and separate PNG's.

As far as the multi-colored effects you see in the samples-

I just just layered a paper over the template pieces, the multi colors come from the

papers I used. Does that make sense?

Papers?!?!?! :hit-head-with-hammer:

Awesome technique!

• 2 years later...

Okay, coming in way late to this, but that is the joy of the forum. For instance, I want to make the stems of Modern Wall Bubbles paper, a specific pattern (yes, I know they're thin, but this is an example) I copied the layer for the stems, and placed a paper layer on top of the stem layer, but it didn't work. What did I do wrong? Using CS5.

L

Okay, coming in way late to this, but that is the joy of the forum. For instance, I want to make the stems of Modern Wall Bubbles paper, a specific pattern (yes, I know they're thin, but this is an example) I copied the layer for the stems, and placed a paper layer on top of the stem layer, but it didn't work. What did I do wrong? Using CS5.

L

Hi Leslie Ann, I'm not sure about CS5, but in PSE 11 you would place the paper layer that you want to use above the stem layer, then press Ctrl+G to clip the paper to the stems. I'm sure it's probably something similar in CS5. Maybe someone else will be along with more information for you. HTH :)

Yes, it worked. I didn't understand the clipping part. I'm going to see if I can find out an explanation for that, but it did indeed work. Thank you so much.

Here is a weird question for you all, and maybe I should post it to the forum, but it's a bit off topic so I'm not sure. I make book trailers for my books and I've done one so far which I like, but I want to learn more about iMovie and CS6 which I have on my mac. Where do you all go to learn? Lynda.com? I have so many ideas, but no way to figure out how to make them work.

Thanks,

Leslie Ann

Yes, it worked. I didn't understand the clipping part. I'm going to see if I can find out an explanation for that, but it did indeed work. Thank you so much.

Here is a weird question for you all, and maybe I should post it to the forum, but it's a bit off topic so I'm not sure. I make book trailers for my books and I've done one so far which I like, but I want to learn more about iMovie and CS6 which I have on my mac. Where do you all go to learn? Lynda.com? I have so many ideas, but no way to figure out how to make them work.

Thanks,

Leslie Ann

Glad it worked for you! ;)

When you press Ctrl+G you are creating a clipping mask. I don't have a lot technical information about it, but you can do a Google search for Clipping mask - Photoshop to learn more, or perhaps someone else will be along to explain more about it.

Sorry I can't help with your question about iMovie. You may want to post a question in the Mac Users or Technique: Questions & Tips forum. HTH

Thanks,

Leslie Ann

I've learned a lot about my software on Lynda,com. You should be able to go there and see if they have anything for iMovie before signing up. I know they have a lot for CS6.

Archived