Pse 10 Project Bin

suzygreyhoundlover

Hello. I am very, very new to digital scrapbooking and it was suggested by someone else that I repost my question here and maybe someone could help me. I have PSE 10 and I am trying to follow along with the Ro secrets book and I am having a problem because after I create a new file and have my transparent page and I start to add other papers and such, they are not showing up in the project bin like they do on the videos and my layers are not showing (just the last one I do ) over to the right bin? When I go into Windows it shows a check mark by layers and project bin. I am hoping someone can help me because I really want to move on, but am not able to get past this point and I don't know anyone who digitally scrapbooks. Thank you so very much.

Try this and see if it's what you mean.

After you have your transparent layer in your workspace, go down to the other papers you have added to the project bin, click on one and drag and drop it on top of the transparent background.

You should then see the two pieces together and two layers in the right bin. I think I know where you are stuck because it's where I was when I started, but I had someone to help.

After you add the pieces to photoshop you then have to physically place one on top of the other to get layers - just clicking on them will not do it.

Think of it in terms of paper scrapping. You have all your pieces on the table, you can look at each one but they are separate. You need to pick up one and actually place it on top of another to have layers.

Does that help? I truly do understand how you can't get further and use the videos until you get past this point.

Write back if this isn't what you mean and please keep asking.

Ok, here's another question. How are you adding the papers and such into photo shop? Are you dragging and dropping?

I also just remembered a few times when I've accidentally "lost" my project bin. Is that what you mean? When that happened, there's usually some sort of arrow underneath the workspace that if you click on it, will bring it back.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific because currently my project bin isn't lost and I can't find how to make it go away - it usually happens by accident!

But, if you poke around the bottom there and click on some sort of down arrow, hopefully your project bin will reappear!

I hope that helps..... :) We'll keep trying!

Suzy, there's something else that may possibly be causing some of the trouble. I'm not sure, but try this:

1. Go to Edit>Preferences>General and be sure there is a check mark next to Allow Floating Documents in Full Edit Mode

2. Go back and open a new blank document in your workspace

3. Go to Window>Images and click on Float All in Windows

Then try opening and dragging/dropping some papers onto your document. Does that change anything?

• 4 months later...

I think I found the answer! This was a problem that was bugging me, too, so I opened a bunch of papers, let them drop down into the project bin, and into those annoying little bars at the bottom (that usually end up covering up the project bin), and started playing with my settings.

What worked: At the top of the screen under "Window", click on "Images", and then "Consolidate all into Tabs" This will put the tabs into a single, less annoying line at the top of the workspace--but the Project Bin remains visible, and as long as you are swiping things up from the project bin, they will be open. If you close one of those top tabs, though, it closes the paper or embellishment or whatever.

So this is my work-around. If anyone finds something better, let me know!

Well, I should have tested that out a bit more. Yes it removed the annoying little bars at the bottom--but it was a real pain to work with anything. and if you didn't already have everything open that you wanted to have open--anything new was dropped down to an annoying little bar again.

Ah well. Another epic fail.

Will keep looking for a work-around!

Archived