Jumpstart January 2012 Chit-Chat

tiza126

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question: Do you HAVE to do everything on the day that it is posted - - or can you catch up on them later. (I realize you don't want to get TOO far behind though.)

The opening post here states: "Stay on top of the daily tasks. Don't get more than a day or two behind if you can help it!" ;)

I am planning to start back scrapping tomorrow, and this is a great way to start. I want to take it a little slow at first, and see how I do, but right now I'm feeling much better. I can use this jumpstart January to get myself going again.

I was concerned about you - so glad to see you back. Hope you're feeling tip-top soon.

And I'm already confused with Task 1...there is no mention of including it in the final e-mail document...does that mean we just do it and don't have to report on it?

Ann, the opening post states: "Create a single email draft or word document to be sent at the end of the month to games@scrapgirls.com with various task requirements included. Label each task in your email with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct tasks. ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included. (For example, task #2 will NOT need to be included in your month-end email because its requirement is to post something to this thread.)"

Also, "When you post a task requirement to this thread always remember to label it with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct task."

So, the only thing you have to do for Task 1 is to complete the task and post that you completed Task #1.

Does this help?

And I'm already confused with Task 1...there is no mention of including it in the final e-mail document...does that mean we just do it and don't have to report on it?

Ann, the opening post states: "Create a single email draft or word document to be sent at the end of the month to games@scrapgirls.com with various task requirements included. Label each task in your email with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct tasks. ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included. (For example, task #2 will NOT need to be included in your month-end email because its requirement is to post something to this thread.)"

Also, "When you post a task requirement to this thread always remember to label it with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct task."

So, the only thing you have to do for Task 1 is to complete the task and post that you completed Task #1.

Does this help?

Helps a lot! Thanks. I'd better go back and state absolutely that I completed the task.

Does this help?

Helps a lot! Thanks. I'd better go back and state absolutely that I completed the task.

Glad I could help! ;)

This looks like so much fun! Unfortunately I'm going to be on vacation for a week in January with no access to email so I'll miss a whole bunch of these, but I'll try to do as many as I can. :)

I think you could probably catch up when you get back as long as it's not too late in the month. I think the only time it REALLY counts if you don't do the task on the given day is at the end when you are up against the deadline for sending everything in. Also - unless it's different this year, we usually don't have a task on Sundays so that's always a good day to knock out a few you might have fallen behind on.

I have opened a Word document and saved it as Jumpstart January 2012. As I complete the tasks, I write, Task 1 completed or whatever is required by that task. At the end of the month, I will e-mail the word doc with everything in it. This way, I also keep track of what I've done. This is how I do it.

I have opened a Word document and saved it as Jumpstart January 2012. As I complete the tasks, I write, Task 1 completed or whatever is required by that task. At the end of the month, I will e-mail the word doc with everything in it. This way, I also keep track of what I've done. This is how I do it.

Good idea Belle. I think I'll do that as well.

Does this help?

Oops! Me too!!

This is a great way to help yourself keep track of all the tasks you completed or still need to complete.

But just keep in mind that the welcoming committee team has to read through all the documents at the end of the month for verification purposes, so that's why we don't require ALL tasks to be listed on them. "ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included." ;) The less work for us, the happier we are :)

This is a great way to help yourself keep track of all the tasks you completed or still need to complete.

But just keep in mind that the welcoming committee team has to read through all the documents at the end of the month for verification purposes, so that's why we don't require ALL tasks to be listed on them. "ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included." ;) The less work for us, the happier we are :)

I have been guilty in the past of including every day. Just didn't think about the extra work for the team. Thanks for the reminder.

Reminder

From the opening post: "When you post a task requirement to this thread always remember to label it with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct task."

As the game progresses, it will become increasingly difficult for the welcoming committee team to keep track of which tasks are being completed if they are not numbered, so please remember to label your tasks with the correct task number ;)

If you have already posted tasks which are not labeled with the task number(s), you can go back and edit the post so you can add the task number. Just go to your original post and click on the Edit button at the bottom right of the window, then add the appropriate task number to your post.

I'm putting mine in a word document, too, bolding the ones that will need to go into the email so I can copy and paste easily.

Question about todays task: We only post on photo in the thread, right? I did two (ones I've been meaning to edit for a LO, so yay!!), but posted only one. That's okay, right?

Question about todays task: We only post on photo in the thread, right? I did two (ones I've been meaning to edit for a LO, so yay!!), but posted only one. That's okay, right?

Today's task states: Share one photo and the techniques or tools you used in this thread.

Requirement: Post photo in this game thread. HTH

Me too, Belle. I learned that from you in Re-JUNE-venate! :)

Me too, Belle. I learned that from you in Re-JUNE-venate! :)

You may want to keep in mind Tiza's advice here ;)

I've read everything and know it's not good to get too far behind, but is it too late for me to jump in and start? It's been too crazy this week for me to get going on time. I have tomorrow off and I can easily get caught up.

If it's too late that's okay too, I'll enjoy watching what everyone does!

I've read everything and know it's not good to get too far behind, but is it too late for me to jump in and start? It's been too crazy this week for me to get going on time. I have tomorrow off and I can easily get caught up.

If it's too late that's okay too, I'll enjoy watching what everyone does!

Becky, it sure isn't too late to start. Just be sure you number each task with the appropriate task number. :)

Today's task states: Share one photo and the techniques or tools you used in this thread.

Requirement: Post photo in this game thread. HTH

Yep, helps a lot. I need to stop reading the instructions before my coffee. I don't read well decaffeinated.

Archived