Jumpstart January 2012 Chit-Chat

tiza126

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you get well soon Dot. I'm behind because I'm on holiday and enjoying myself. My DH has gone to the movies twice so this holiday. We are expecting snow any minute now. :disappearing-smilie:

Thank you, Belle! Antibiotics are just not kicking in so far...DH has it, too and is on the same meds. Too much togetherness?

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your holiday!! Have a great time. Sorry about the snow, though :-(

We are heading up north on a holiday for the next week so will have to catch up when I get back. We love this little place up in Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia as we get to see the turtles coming up the beach to lay their eggs. We used to take the kids up there when they were little for this spectacular event & we have also taken them to watch the hatchlings return to the water. It is just an amazing sight. Hopefully I will be able to get some photos this time.

We are heading up north on a holiday for the next week so will have to catch up when I get back. We love this little place up in Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia as we get to see the turtles coming up the beach to lay their eggs. We used to take the kids up there when they were little for this spectacular event & we have also taken them to watch the hatchlings return to the water. It is just an amazing sight. Hopefully I will be able to get some photos this time.

Another Aussie! Welcome :-) sounds like a wonderful trip, we look forward to seeing your photos!

It's been really interesting reading how everyone organizes their supplies. I absolutely love the idea of printing the previews (marketing image) and putting them in a binder. That's sooo smart! I may start doing that once my printer has ink because I have one flash drive filled and am about to add kits to another. I'm fine with the one drive now, but as my collection expands, I don't want to have to figure out what kit is on what drive. You are so clever! (And I suck at organizing!)

Just looked at my favorites. WOW I have a ton in there that I marked over the years and have only ever copied one or two. I think I need to copy more there must be 20 favorties!! LOL

I have a question and hope you can help. Part of task #11 says to LSL on the 5 layouts we find to be particularly fabulous. Is it OK to use layouts we've already commented on -- or do they have to be new layouts we've never commented on before? I comment on lots of layouts, so the task is more difficult if they have to be new layouts. But either way is OK with me. I just need an interpretation.

I have opened a Word document and saved it as Jumpstart January 2012. As I complete the tasks, I write, Task 1 completed or whatever is required by that task. At the end of the month, I will e-mail the word doc with everything in it. This way, I also keep track of what I've done. This is how I do it.

Me too, Belle. I learned that from you in Re-JUNE-venate! :)

You may want to keep in mind Tiza's advice here ;)

Yup. I'm aware, but trying to keep myself organized so I don't get into the trouble you indicated today, Theresa with lost links, etc! :)

It's been really interesting reading how everyone organizes their supplies. I absolutely love the idea of printing the previews (marketing image) and putting them in a binder. That's sooo smart! I may start doing that once my printer has ink because I have one flash drive filled and am about to add kits to another. I'm fine with the one drive now, but as my collection expands, I don't want to have to figure out what kit is on what drive. You are so clever! (And I suck at organizing!)

Thanks! Luckily, I started when my stash was pretty small and have stuck to it. It really helps me when I"m starting a new LO because I can browse through the book quickly and easliy without even having to be on the computer. I also write into the book the folder each set of purchases is in so I can go to it quickly.

Thanks for your words - it sounds crazy, but has been SO helpful to me and I"m glad I started it! :)

I have a question and hope you can help. Part of task #11 says to LSL on the 5 layouts we find to be particularly fabulous. Is it OK to use layouts we've already commented on -- or do they have to be new layouts we've never commented on before? I comment on lots of layouts, so the task is more difficult if they have to be new layouts. But either way is OK with me. I just need an interpretation.

January 13th – Task 11

Search the gallery for five layouts you consider particularly fabulous. Leave a comment on the layouts and mark them as favorites so they're easy to return to.

Requirement: Include gallery links for the layouts in your end of month document.

Diane, I think it would be best to find five layouts you have not yet commented on. Because the task requirement is to include the gallery links for the layouts in your end of month document, I'm thinking that when the end of month documents are being checked, we will be looking for current comments. Does this make sense?

January 13th – Task 11

Search the gallery for five layouts you consider particularly fabulous. Leave a comment on the layouts and mark them as favorites so they're easy to return to.

Requirement: Include gallery links for the layouts in your end of month document.

Diane, I think it would be best to find five layouts you have not yet commented on. Because the task requirement is to include the gallery links for the layouts in your end of month document, I'm thinking that when the end of month documents are being checked, we will be looking for current comments. Does this make sense?

Sorta, for me. My comments for Task 11 are current, but on mostly old layouts, as like Diane - I comment on a lot of layouts, so had a hard time finding favorites I hadn't already left comments on!

I know just what you mean, Diane - Belle said it too! :D

January 13th – Task 11

Sorta, for me. My comments for Task 11 are current, but on mostly old layouts, as like Diane - I comment on a lot of layouts, so had a hard time finding favorites I hadn't already left comments on!

You have between now and the end of the month to complete the tasks....so I'm sure you'll find 5 new layouts to leave comments on before the month ends!! Just highlight the task on your sheet so you remember to come back to it.

January 13th – Task 11

You have between now and the end of the month to complete the tasks....so I'm sure you'll find 5 new layouts to leave comments on before the month ends!! Just highlight the task on your sheet so you remember to come back to it.

Thanks, everyone! I knew you'd help! :)

I need help finding where to see "my favorites" in the gallery. I looked at the link given to save in there, but when I try to find how to see my favorites, the directions don't seem to get me where I need to go. Is that from the old version of the website? Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I need help finding where to see "my favorites" in the gallery. I looked at the link given to save in there, but when I try to find how to see my favorites, the directions don't seem to get me where I need to go. Is that from the old version of the website? Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Ann, did you see the answers in this post? Help for My Favorites?

Let us know if you need more help. ;)

This is what works for me: In the forum under your picture (which, as you know is at the top of the page on the right), I go to My Settings. On the My Settings page, look at the pink strip at the top to find "gallery" and click on that. It will bring you to the page with "Your Albums" "Your favorite images" and "Your image subscriptions." HTH! Let me know.

Help. I am really struggling to post links. I believe I am following the instructions to the letter but when I post my links they are gobbledy gook. Even when I seem to get the purple highlighted text (as the insturctions say I should) when I link on them to test, I get a "malicious website" error in big red scary letters. Oh, I'm so frustrated - I've spent literally hours on this. I've recently had Norton 2012 installed - does anyone think this might be the problem?

Help. I am really struggling to post links. I believe I am following the instructions to the letter but when I post my links they are gobbledy gook. Even when I seem to get the purple highlighted text (as the insturctions say I should) when I link on them to test, I get a "malicious website" error in big red scary letters. Oh, I'm so frustrated - I've spent literally hours on this. I've recently had Norton 2012 installed - does anyone think this might be the problem?

Hi Hilary. Is this the link in the JJ Thread to your layouts? The only thing I can think of is that maybe the link address isn't right. I've had problems with this in the past when I've tried to use the address that appears when you open the "Share Image" section below your name at the right of the layout. In the end it was easier for me to copy the http address from the bar at the top of thescreen - the one beside the little scrapgirls icon.

In the thread, I then open the insert link icon next to the smiley face and paste the copied address in. I'm assuming that bit is working Ok. I don't think that Norton could have an impact but if worse comes to worst you could try uninstalling Norton and try again to see if it works. I really hope this helps. E

I don't tend to say much on the general message boards cos I don't really tend to look - it was only pure fluke I even saw JJ! So I have been reading hrough here after doing task 15 and I see I am not the only one who couldn't find their favourites, then did but the next day couldn't remember again! and I hope you have your links sorted Hilary... if not, pm me and I will send you the instructions I was given when I joined here :-) nice and clear and foolproof :-) we are over half way ladies!!!! woohoo :-)

Archived