Jumpstart January 2012 Chit-Chat

tiza126

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to keep up with commenting on the LOs in the gallery. I am thinking I am the only one that still has Christmas decor not *quite* all put away. LOL Mary, Joseph, & Jesus are huddled on the porch waiting for their box & my naked tree (missing it's top so far) still stands in the corner of the den. I have just been so busy with JJ, finishing 2011, & 2 kids in sports! I am SO glad I didn't try to put all 4 of them in sports at the same time (we would have gone broke!!!).

I have been going through all the recent JJ layouts and leaving love. Can I just say how much I have enjoyed looking at everyone's layouts and their scraplifted version! Impressive! I Love all the inspiration!! Great job Scrap Girlies!!

There are so many talented people here!!

I am trying to keep up with commenting on the LOs in the gallery. I am thinking I am the only one that still has Christmas decor not *quite* all put away. LOL Mary, Joseph, & Jesus are huddled on the porch waiting for their box & my naked tree (missing it's top so far) still stands in the corner of the den. I have just been so busy with JJ, finishing 2011, & 2 kids in sports! I am SO glad I didn't try to put all 4 of them in sports at the same time (we would have gone broke!!!).

Jenna, I laughed so hard when I read this! My photo for the task was our Christmas tree sitting here with the top on the floor! :)

I decided that right now our "decor" is "red and green"! :D

Jenna, I laughed so hard when I read this! My photo for the task was our Christmas tree sitting here with the top on the floor! :)

I decided that right no our "decor" is "red and green"! :D

I'm notoriously late for taking down the Christmas decorations. Maybe I'll get around to it this weekend! :) Last year, the UPS man asked me if I was late taking the tree down or getting an early start for next year, LOL.

Well, I guess I'm in good company in the delayed Christmas un-decorating. I live in the shadow of Hiland Mountain. Here at our home in Eagle River, Alaska, the sun doesn't peek over the mountain at all during the day until around Valentine's Day. We have a few hours of daylight, mind you, but not "sunshine." I always drag my feet putting that tree away, and this year I finally figured out why: Those weeks between when I take the tree down and when the sunshine hits the living room window are the longest of the year for me. I know I should put the tree away, but I will just miss those sparkling lights! Maybe I'll leave it up just a few more days....

And Juno, our doggish-cat, has developed a new and amusing habit: She keeps collecting packages of things from wherever she can find them and goes to great trouble to drag them upstairs to put them under the tree. Zack said, "Mom, look! She's leaving us presents!" So far she has offered a package of pop-tart crisps, an unopened paint drop cloth, an aquarium filter, and a half-eaten bag of kitty treats. It's like she's saying, "Remember that day we had all those packages here? That was a GOOD day! Let's do that again!" Oh, she makes me smile! Smiles aren't always easy to come by in Alaska in January, so I am so thankful. If Juno says the tree stays, it stays!

Well, I guess I'm in good company in the delayed Christmas un-decorating. I live in the shadow of Hiland Mountain. Here at our home in Eagle River, Alaska, the sun doesn't peek over the mountain at all during the day until around Valentine's Day. We have a few hours of daylight, mind you, but not "sunshine." I always drag my feet putting that tree away, and this year I finally figured out why: Those weeks between when I take the tree down and when the sunshine hits the living room window are the longest of the year for me. I know I should put the tree away, but I will just miss those sparkling lights! Maybe I'll leave it up just a few more days....

And Juno, our doggish-cat, has developed a new and amusing habit: She keeps collecting packages of things from wherever she can find them and goes to great trouble to drag them upstairs to put them under the tree. Zack said, "Mom, look! She's leaving us presents!" So far she has offered a package of pop-tart crisps, an unopened paint drop cloth, an aquarium filter, and a half-eaten bag of kitty treats. It's like she's saying, "Remember that day we had all those packages here? That was a GOOD day! Let's do that again!" Oh, she makes me smile! Smiles aren't always easy to come by in Alaska in January, so I am so thankful. If Juno says the tree stays, it stays!

AHh, Jaymee what a great story and I agree with Belle - sounds like a wonderful layout! Your way with words is enchanting and I always enjoy reading them. :)

And, as for the Christmas tree - I always feel in the scope of life, it's not my first priority to take down Christmas decorations immediately. In my family we always left everything up until Jan 6th - "Little Christmas" in Italy where my Grandpa came from, anyway. I always struggle each year to find a "good" reason to not rush myself in putting stuff away. Well, I just love yours for you - it's actually a "mental health" tree! How wonderful to keep a sign of happiness in view and those sparkling lights are your sunshine! What a warm, sunny symbol of a special time of year. Thanks for sharing! :)

(PS now I almost feel like going to get that tree and put it right back up! heehee.. Haven't closed the box yet since I just put it there yesterday! :D

Talking about keeping Christmas decorations up, I collect Santa's, and have some that are special to me. I keep two shelves in my computer room that have Santas on them all year. I just enjoy looking at them. I move them into the den at Christmas, and back to the computer room when I take Christmas down. I love doing it that way.

Tht that is the cutest thing ever!!

Talking about keeping Christmas decorations up, I collect Santa's, and have some that are special to me. I keep two shelves in my computer room that have Santas on them all year. I just enjoy looking at them. I move them into the den at Christmas, and back to the computer room when I take Christmas down. I love doing it that way.

Well, see Joyce, that's just what I mean? Why not keep something up all year that gives you joy? My tiny Nativities are in the wall unit all year and never come down...

(Ummmm.. that also has a little bit to do with the tremendous amount of work involved.) But, I think that's wonderful - it's happy to think of Christmas all year 'round! :)

Well, see Joyce, that's just what I mean? Why not keep something up all year that gives you joy? My tiny Nativities are in the wall unit all year and never come down...

(Ummmm.. that also has a little bit to do with the tremendous amount of work involved.) But, I think that's wonderful - it's happy to think of Christmas all year 'round! :)

You are both so right--shouldn't we always keep Christmas in our hearts? Those little treasures that keep the joy of the season fresh in our minds have Christmas magic all of their own.

I just want to jump in here real quick and tell you all how amazing the gallery looks! I've tagged several layouts as favorites and been inspired by so many of the layouts. Keep up the great scrapping everyone!!

Good morning all!

I have a question about the Gallery. I've seen some JJ LO's posted to a different gallery than the JJ 2012 gallery. Is this going to affect their points or whatever? Should I say something? If I do, it's always in a PM. I just don't want to feel like the SG Police. :D

I do a lot of proofreading in my real life and sometimes I can't help but notice things like this. It's a sickness. :rofl:

Good morning all!

I have a question about the Gallery. I've seen some JJ LO's posted to a different gallery than the JJ 2012 gallery. Is this going to affect their points or whatever? Should I say something? If I do, it's always in a PM. I just don't want to feel like the SG Police. :D

I do a lot of proofreading in my real life and sometimes I can't help but notice things like this. It's a sickness. :rofl:

If you have to have a sickness, that's not a bad one to have, LOL. If it matters, then I would definitely tell the person. I don't know whether or not it matters.

If anyone is having trouble, I find that LOs posted in challenge or event galleries get plenty of love while LOs posted in "private" galleries often get missed because of an influx of new posts. For instance, I have a number of LOs in challenge galleries that got several comments & just as many posted in my Family album that have 1 or none. Check your friends' individual galleries & you might have less looking to do - just click on the gallery link under their avatar when they post! :) Hope that helps if anyone is having trouble finding 2 or less...

I posted this on the main thread but thought it might be helpful here too... LOL

Good morning all!

Becky, if the task requirement states to upload a LO to the Jumpstart January 2012 Gallery, then that is where the LO needs to be in order to receive credit for task completion. HTH ;)

Good morning all!

Becky, if the task requirement states to upload a LO to the Jumpstart January 2012 Gallery, then that is where the LO needs to be in order to receive credit for task completion. HTH ;)

:D That really was quite obvious, wasn't it? LOL! I'll go send the post-er a message. Thanks!

It is automatically counted and you can see by checking the number under your pic before and after posting! :)

I don't think it's a requirtement to count your posts - just to initially post your starting count when that task was announced.

Good morning all!

:D That really was quite obvious, wasn't it? LOL! I'll go send the post-er a message. Thanks!

Very kind of you to notice and ask Becky and I'd sure be glad if you told me if I made a mistake - wouldn't want me (or anyone else!) to be disqualified and the rules are strict this year - heehee! :D

If anyone is having trouble, I find that LOs posted in challenge or event galleries get plenty of love while LOs posted in "private" galleries often get missed because of an influx of new posts. For instance, I have a number of LOs in challenge galleries that got several comments & just as many posted in my Family album that have 1 or none. Check your friends' individual galleries & you might have less looking to do - just click on the gallery link under their avatar when they post! :) Hope that helps if anyone is having trouble finding 2 or less...

I posted this on the main thread but thought it might be helpful here too... LOL

Thanks Jenna - appreciated that tip and followed it to find layouts and the first place I looked was in YOUR Gallery! :D

Also another tip is to look in the Designers Gallery's - for some reason they often don't have a lot of comments.

Well i have posted at least 25 times. That is a challenge, especially when you are not used to doing this. It has been fun. I will continue to do it.

Do we have to post anywhere this task is completed? or will it automatically be counted? Should we include this in the thread or our month end document?

According to the task instructions, you'll get credit for the task as long as your post count at the end of the month is at least 25 posts higher than the task starting number you posted

Task 15 SPEEDBUMP

Mini posting contest! Right now... post your current post number in this thread. (You can locate that under your avatar to the left of any of your message board posts) We'll do the math for this one. You'll get credit for this task as long as your post count at the end of the month is at least 25 posts higher than today's starting number.

Requirement: Post your starting number in this thread. Post at least 25 times before the end of the month.

I've been out for a day so needed to clarify task 20. If I am #3 poster on a layout in the gallery, does that qualify as posting on 2 or less? I know this seems too obvious to have to ask, but just wanted to make sure.

Archived