Jumpstart January 2012 Chit-Chat

tiza126

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been out for a day so needed to clarify task 20. If I am #3 poster on a layout in the gallery, does that qualify as posting on 2 or less? I know this seems too obvious to have to ask, but just wanted to make sure.

I am also number 3, I hope we are doing this right. I think we are.

If you are the person leaving comment #3 on a layout, then you have left a comment on a layout that had 2 or fewer comments and this meets the task requirement. HTH :)

Is anyone else not a photography person and having a hard time with Task 21? I don't understand what the terms are. I know how to enhance images.

I'm in the same boat. Heard of these terms but really have no idea what they mean when I take pictures. I guess this will be something we learn from this challange.

Is anyone else not a photography person and having a hard time with Task 21? I don't understand what the terms are. I know how to enhance images.

I'm in the same boat. Heard of these terms but really have no idea what they mean when I take pictures. I guess this will be something we learn from this challange.

I was reading the other thread and Carol (lorac) posted a good explanation of the terms:

Posted Today, 06:57 AM

snapback.pngscrapster33, on 26 January 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Can anyone tell me what composition and vantage point are?

Composition is how you compose your photo. The term “composition” simply refers to the act of putting together certain pieces or elements to form the “big picture”.

Vantage point -- Changing your vantage point can be as simple as standing on top of something, or crouching down and taking your photo from that angle.

Hope this helps!!

FYI all I did was open the curtains a little to change the light and use a different vantage point - nothing tricky on my camera cos I ran out of time with the kids this morning and had to drop them off... and a professional photographer told me that lighting is the most important thing to get right :-) Don't be intimidated - they said we could change lighting/composition/vantage point etc - so how you set up your picture - maybe the focal point off centre or bordered by something or the angle you take it from - laying on the ground looking up perhaps? Good luck! Look forward to seeing your photos :-)

Good morning all!

I have a question about the Gallery. I've seen some JJ LO's posted to a different gallery than the JJ 2012 gallery. Is this going to affect their points or whatever? Should I say something? If I do, it's always in a PM. I just don't want to feel like the SG Police. :D

I do a lot of proofreading in my real life and sometimes I can't help but notice things like this. It's a sickness. :rofl:

Bless your heart, Becky! I certainly wouldn't mind if you ever see a typo or mistake in my work. I thank the Good Lord for dear people like you who can observe the little things, and care enough to say something. A true friend will tell you if you have spinach in your teeth or toilet paper on your shoe. I think a good Scrapgirlfriend would be in bounds to extend the same friendly wisdom in our virtual world.

You are truly a wonderful MOM!

Task 21: Focus on Photography

I am the proud of owner of three adorable kitties. I am also the mother of two well intentioned boys who adore the kitties and own digital cameras. The net result of this equation: camera shy beauties who fear "the flash!" I haven't been able to get many good feline photos lately, so I decided to take the challenge head-on, so to speak.

Since the cats have been conditioned to run from the camera flash, I decided to try to capture a Juno moment without a flash. I will admit that the result is not as good as I could have captured with a flash--that is, if Juno would cooperate. I played with ambient lighting, and I'm not unhappy with the result.

If anyone has any feline photo tips, I'm all ears!

Good morning all!

I have a question about the Gallery. I've seen some JJ LO's posted to a different gallery than the JJ 2012 gallery. Is this going to affect their points or whatever? Should I say something? If I do, it's always in a PM. I just don't want to feel like the SG Police. :D

I do a lot of proofreading in my real life and sometimes I can't help but notice things like this. It's a sickness. :rofl:

Bless your heart, Becky! I certainly wouldn't mind if you ever see a typo or mistake in my work. I thank the Good Lord for dear people like you who can observe the little things, and care enough to say something. A true friend will tell you if you have spinach in your teeth or toilet paper on your shoe. I think a good Scrapgirlfriend would be in bounds to extend the same friendly wisdom in our virtual world.

You are truly a wonderful MOM!

Awwwweee!!! Jaymeee!!! You just made me feel all warm and squishy. Thank you!!!

:bighug:

Archived