Jumpstart January 2012
Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:54 PM
We challenge you to start your year with fun and focus on taking time to scrapbook regularly despite the little speedbumps of life. When the month is over, you'll have completed several layouts and been challenged and treated to some fun along the way.
A member of the Welcoming Committee will post a mini-challenge/task each day (Monday through Saturday) from January 2-31. The tasks will be formatted in LARGE PURPLE FONT for ease of locating them in the game thread as it grows. Some tasks will require message board participation, email responses or gallery posting. Read each daily task carefully to see what is required of you.
Those who complete all tasks and submit or post required participation by 11:59pm MT on January 31st will be entered in a drawing to win one of three $10 Gift Certificates to the ScrapGirls Boutique! Those who complete just the layouts will be entered in a drawing to win one of two $5 gift certificates. Those who complete just the speedbumps will be entered in a drawing for one of two $3 gift certificates. (Those who complete all tasks will have their name entered in all three drawings!)
A few tips to making this month a successful one!
• Stay on top of the daily tasks. Don't get more than a day or two behind if you can help it!
• Read the "task requirement" listed with each task so you know how to get credit for completing the task.
• When you post a task requirement to this thread always remember to label it with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct task.
• Tasks that specify posting layouts can be added to the "Jumpstart January 2012" Gallery
• Create a single email draft or word document to be sent at the end of the month to firstname.lastname@example.org with various task requirements included. Label each task in your email with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct tasks. ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included. (For example, task #2 will NOT need to be included in your month-end email because its requirement is to post something to this thread.)
• Keep chatter about the game in the "Jumpstart January Chit Chat" thread. Keep this thread for tasks, task-related questions for the Welcoming Committee and task requirements only.
Let's get this New Year started!!
~ ~ ~ ~
Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:21 AM
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson
Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:45 AM
Now, that's an easy one for me...I always upload my photos immediately..guess I'll go out and take some new ones today!
Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:04 PM
Yay! All photos are now backed up on the external drive
Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:47 PM
I had intended to get them off the camera yesterday but didn't get around to it so it was on the list of things to do anyway! New Year's Eve/New Year morning, & Sunday night football (we are Cowboys fans - not even going there today because I think they slept through the first half!) are now tucked away in my Jan 2012 folder on my EHD.
proud mom to Aspen (15), Caeleb (13), Kai (10), & Taliah (9)
He died for me, I'll live for Him!
Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:50 PM
A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown
Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:21 PM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 03:08 PM
SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for October 2014, 7340 -- 7260 as of 10-18-14
Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:05 PM
We went out to dinner last night so I have downloaded the photos. Christmas ones are already downloaded.
Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:53 PM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:01 PM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:20 PM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:54 PM
Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:23 PM
Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:39 AM
Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:14 AM
Task #1 is done! So easy. Hope I'm doing this right, as it's also my first forum post.
You did fine! Weclome to the forum and hope to see you around this kind place!
Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:31 AM
Choose 2 or more photos from those you organized in Task #1 and edit them to make them look their best. You can use basic touch-ups or you can get adventurous using presets, filters, styles and/or actions. Share one photo and the techniques or tools you used in this thread.
Requirement: Post photo in this game thread.
How to post an image in your reply:
1. Size your photo at 72 pixels per inch and no larger than 600 pix wide.
2. Choose either "Add Reply" or "Use Full Editor"
3. Click on "Browse"; find your re-sized photo on your computer and click "open."
4. Click on the purple "Attach This File" Button. When it is uploaded, you'll see it listed with a small thumbnail in the Attachments dialogue.
5. Click on "Add to Post" located at the far right side of the image.
6. An attachment link will show in your post. Your photo will show up after you complete your reply by clicking the "Add Reply" button.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users