Jumpstart January 2012

tiza126

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 10 done.Brandy's Link

I love all the designers, but Brandy Murry is just special. Her collections and layouts go from grungy to ultra feminine. She also has got such a great love for her sisters twins and I love the layouts that she does for them. Her blending is exquisite and I have learned so much from her about blending.

Task # 10 complete.

This was a very hard one for me -- or I thought it was going to be. I started out with my list of three to try to nail it down to one. After deciding to go alphabetically through my list I went to Angie Brigg's gallery. I made it no further. Her LOs about her goals for 2011 inspired me so much I knew she was my designer of choice! WTG Angie, congratulations on your amazing year!!!

This is the LO where I started:

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/uploads/1311307205/gallery_421_192_151769.jpg

Task #10 - Dynamic Brush Set: Background Blenders Tutorial Layout

I have learned a lot from many of the designers. I often scrap different layouts based on the lessons in the newsletter. One lesson that changed how I used brushes was Brandy Murray's lesson with Dynamic brushes and how to blend papers, soften photos and erase using the brushes.

I save many of the lessons in the newsletters, they all have a purpose whether it a design element, layout design or improving photography. I find all the designers inspiring.

Task #10 done

My favorite designer?! - that's like picking my favorite child! At any given time any of them are my favs. Today I chose Angela Blanchard. Her layouts are full of things that seem to complement what goes on in our family - lots of layouts from hiking trips or animals around her place. I liked that she feeds the squirrels outside her office and if she forgets, they tap on the window for their peanut treats.

Here is her layout Squirrels

TASK #10 -- COMPLETED

Im with BetC on this one! "It was like picking my favorite child!" But then I did pick one -- Brandy Murry -- I am always drawn to her style and constantly inspired by her work. -- But now to pick just one example... can't! -- Every layout offers something to me!! She broadens my creative brain! I study her layouts -- design, elements, concept, placements, tools and techniques! I usually end up doing one of the many tutorials that she offers. BOKEH Actions were my latest. Very Cool!!

BRANDY MURRY -- JINGLEBERRY --- The detailed layering is fantastic. Her placements are always right on for the most dramatic effect. And of course, her photography is exceptional too!

Using BOKEH Actions! -- The blending is fantastic here and with the Bokeh actions makes this layout captivating for me!

Task 10 Done Brandy Murray

Brandy Murray

I chose Brandy Murray because I like her style. I had to include this layout "I am Truly Blessed" because it tells so much about Brandy and is so well done. She is Blessed, but the people around her also are Blessed! After looking at all of her LOs, I observed she has done some very beautiful LOs of the twins. I also included another LO because after seeing this beach layout was so easy to do, I learned I might try some of those Easy Album Pages. Although I scrap in 8.5 x 11 for videos. Thanks, momwife and friend for linking that dynamic brush video. It is very informative.

Task #1 done...son's birthday at the beginning of this month. I use Picasa.

Task #2 basic red eye reduction, also had to use the clone tool to patch up a spot neat an eye where the red eye got a little out of hand. (see attached files)

Task #3 link to 3 scrapgirls products

birthday boy collection biggie

artsy borders

birthday fontnt

Task #4 done and posted task #4 layout

Task #5 complete.

Left messages on 5 member profiles and noted their names on my document.

Task #6 items are unzipped...I usually stay on top of this because I can't purchase a lot at a time. I keep everything on an EHD and use Backblaze to back it up. That way I can use my desktop and laptop for scrapping. I keep my collections together by name, with subfolder within each collection for paper, embellies, alpha, word art. I also tag them as paper, embellishments, alpha, etc. that way I can find them easily in Picasa. The freebies I organize using Ro's method.

sorry I put them all in the same email! hope they still count....will continue to work to catch up!

Task #10 - Done

Picking my favorite designer is a pretty much impossible task, but I do have more of Brandy Murry's collections than anyone else's. I browsed her gallery and learned that she is a wonderful photographer as well as designer. I think this layout expresses it very well.

Yellow Paper Special

I'm still working on Task 9...

but here is Task #10.

I chose Amanda Fraijo-Tobin. I learned that she is a fellow flautist! Her older brother played saxophone (my DH plays that) and she tried it first. I never could get a sound other than a sorry donkey-ish squeak out of a reed, so I'm impressed!

Larger than Life

hehe. That's funny! I recall the first night my brother got his sax, my dad running around the house making that very noise on it. Ah memories! :)

Task #6 done.

I unzip files into their proper folders as soon as I download them. Under My Documents, I have a digital scrapbooking file which is divided into sites that I download from, then by collections, papers, embellishments, alphas, etc. I will probably have to try new organization types as I get more goodies, but for now this works for me. I've read some great ideas here!

Task #7 done.

I only have one item from Scrap Girls so far and I used it earlier today. These are the 3 products I would like to get and use:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/8805/Beach-House-Collection-Biggie

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/10341/Scrap-Girls-Eternal-Love-Collection-Mini-and-Brush-Set

http://store.scrapgirls.com/product/21198/This-and-That-Collection-Mini

Task #10 done. Difficult, very difficult............

Like some others before, I have chosen Brandy Murry. Her layouts are instantly appealing - the colours just jump out. There is always such depth to the LOs - flowers, ribbons, sequins, everything is there in great and glorious profusion.And who can resist those darling twins that feature so regularly in her work!

What I would like to draw attention to is her "heritage" work.Her LO of her Auntie M is beautiful, full of affection, elegant and stylish.

Auntie M

Task #10 is done! I can't believe I joined and caught up all in one day...of course, nothing else got done today...

I think Angie Briggs is an awesome designer! Her LO's are exactly what I've been looking for...I LOVE the pages about her weight loss journey. I have been trying to figure out a way to start a weight loss journal without including lots of "fat" pictures and I found plenty of inspiration in Angie's gallery!

What I learned about Angie from this LO is that she started a long journey and has done an amazing job along the way!

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/122723-journey/

Task #10 is done!

I'm amazed by the beautiful work of Angela Blanchard. I've learned from browsing her gallery that she loves family, nature, and cooking. I've actually gotten a few recipes from her layouts! I especially want to try the sourdough waffles in this layout.

TASK #1 - Done, I transfer within a day or so of taking pictures

TASK #2 - Done, I'm not sure if I resized the photo correctly but here goes nothing. I attempted to blur the background but that didn't work, I did do a lot of skin correction on the photo

TASK #3 - Done, Took a while but I finally found 3

Memories of Blue

Background Blenders - Masks

Inspiring Collection Biggie

Task #5 completed. Left comments on five member's profile.

Task #6 completed. I unzip and organized the new products I purchased today. I do this after each and every purchase. I organize my supplies as follows:

I create a new file folder with the name of the collection. Under that I create a sub-folder with the name of the elements in the collection: Papers, Frames, Ribbons, Alphas, etc. Very simple and very easy. I also create a Excel spreadsheet with all of the product that I've purchased. Whenever I purchase new product, I copy and paste the collection names from the 'My Account' section into my spreadsheet. This way when I want to purchase new product, I can easily check to see if I already have it in my stash. Of course, sometimes I miss one and end up duplicating a product. And Angie is always there with help.

Archived