Jumpstart January 2012

tiza126

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

task #20 done...I clicked on the last page (28? 29?) and started to work forward....found some layouts posted in December that some didn't even have ANY comments. head to the back end, ladies, if you're looking for layouts to comment on. fun to look at lots of different layouts!

Task # 20 - COMPLETE!

Oh, my - I was so intent on remembering to upload my layout yesterday, I totally forgot to check the current task! But, I'm all up-to-date, now. I found 5 layouts with 2 or less comments in the Gallery and left comments on them. I recorded the links in my month-end document! :)

January 25th – Task 21

Spend a few minutes taking photos with special attention to lighting, composition, vantage point, etc in an effort to take your photography to a slightly new level.

Requirement: Post to this thread describing one technique you used.

I so agree about how fun it was looking through all the galleries!!

task #20 done...I clicked on the last page (28? 29?) and started to work forward....found some layouts posted in December that some didn't even have ANY comments. head to the back end, ladies, if you're looking for layouts to comment on. fun to look at lots of different layouts!

Task 20 done

I am surprised that our designers and layout artist sometimes get very few comments. We must think they are so talented and confident that they don't need love on their layouts - I'm guessing they do.

Task #21 done.

This one had me stumped for a short TIME. Then, it hit me! I took a series of photos of a hand crafted wall clock that our very good friend gave us. I played with flash, suppressed flash, dark room, curtains open. And I also played with angles and composition. Hopefully one or more will be interesting enough for what I'm guessing is coming next.

I concentrated on learning more about lighting. I use my camera as a point and shoot so it was interesting to read about buttons, etc. that I had never noticed before. I concentrated on changing aperture (didn't realize I could do that!) and on turning my flash on and off instead of leaving it in manual mode all the time. I got some interesting results, not all good, but some that were better than I'd hoped for.

Task #21 complete!

Can anyone tell me what composition and vantage point are?

Composition is how you compose your photo. The term “composition” simply refers to the act of putting together certain pieces or elements to form the “big picture”.

Vantage point -- Changing your vantage point can be as simple as standing on top of something, or crouching down and taking your photo from that angle.

Task #21 done.

One of the things I did was take some photos following Ro's lead from this morning's newsletter. I took some photos using several of the different white balance settings on each photo, so I could compare the results.

Task # 21 - COMPLETE

I've been having trouble with light in photos, so I played around with different light settings on my camera, took photos with and without flash, outdoors in sun, indoors with and without lighting.

Very interesting and many more options than I'd realized.

It was late late late last night when this was posted so I waited till this morning and took a fun picture of Callan and I - I opened the curtains lightly and allowed a soft light to fall on one side of our faces and took it from an angle that suggests what we are doing... I am being mysterious like the challenge posters... lol! (not that exciting I am afraid but I have to upload it instead of working from memory to see what it looks like!)

Task #21 done!

Task #21 done. I chose to change my vantage point and took quite a few pictures of my cats, what else is new. I got down on the floor, very carefully, and Maggie was on the bed so I took some shots of her from that point. Then I noticed that Minnie was in her favorite place on top of my secretary. So I took some photos of her shooting up from the floor. Wasn't easy getting back up, my knees don't work like they used to.

Took some photos with White Balance and the results were interesting.

Archived