Jumpstart January 2012

tiza126

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #25 completed.

Unfortunately I shall be away from the computer for 3 days and wont get to complete the final task ;-(. Hey ho - I've enjoyed what Ive done and have scrapped some things I might not otherwise have got round to, so it was well worthwhile. See you girls around very soon.

Have a great week. It has been a fun adventure. I also learned a lot about navigating through ScrapGirls

Task #25 completed.

Unfortunately I shall be away from the computer for 3 days and wont get to complete the final task ;-(. Hey ho - I've enjoyed what Ive done and have scrapped some things I might not otherwise have got round to, so it was well worthwhile. See you girls around very soon.

Task #25 complete

LOL -- When I first read that I thought "any" task that was uncomplete & thought "wow, in just a day?"! Then I realized you were talking about JJ. Off to finish my newsletters for church (one of those unfinished jobs that I need to get done today.)

I got a good chuckle out of your original reaction that we needed to finish all the unfinished tasks in our lives. I'd think we'd needed more than a day, too! :lol: Thanks goodness it's only the JJ tasks!

task #21 done, I took a picture of my cat. I fiddled with the +/- sign I have never played with this before. Usually just the lighting button. But it made a difference. Hmm maybe I should look at it more often!

Task #22. journalling done. Journalled about my cat.

task #23 I think I got the numbers mixed up but I got it all done!

Task 25 Done. I corrected all my links. I was doing it wrong. This was a challenge but it was Fun! It was nice looking at all the layouts and getting ideas and seeing all the unique things others do on their LO's. There are some really talented people here at Scrap Girls! Thanks for sharing your work.

Task 19 done. I created the plaid paper using colors from my rug and Amanda's Trendy Circles paper templates.

Junior Year

Task 20 done. I have not had time to go play with my camera. Besides planning a big event for our local band kids, I got sick with a nasty sinus infection. I did find a pair of photos from last summer. Pretty little flowers along the path on a hike with DH. He insisted I take a phot of them. I set aperture and light balance to get it just right. Then, because they were so tiny, I got down on my belly to take a profile photo of them.

Tasks 22 & 23 done.

I apologize for not responding to your question, I was just checking my posts when I noticed your request. Yes you can use my photo. Such a compliment! Thank you thankyou.gif

I just love the feeling this photo gives! I hope you dont mind if I put it in my favorites folder. -- Would you mind if I scrapped it sometime later?

Task #2

Photo of a walk on New Year's Day.

In photoshop elements copied the original picture.

Adjusted the shadows, lightened them slightly.

2nd layer used glaussian blur and adjusted opacity to 60%

3rd layer using photoshop style added colourful centre.

Flattened photo.

O.K so I thought I was completed, but checking back in Task #14 only linked to the designer, make sure you linked your own layout in the month end document.

Also in Task #20 when I was checking the links, poof! one of the links does not work and it says the picture is not in the gallery?

So I fixed that.

Task #19 did not end up in this thread

AND NOW! for some reason when i check #24 my link to the JJ Gallery is not showing. When I edit the thread it says the link is there. Any ideas???

I believe I told my kids for years always check your work...

TASK 25 done

I took a peek back at my links & whatnot & all appears to be in working order. I did find that I added a stealthy "e" that didn't belong in lightning so I fixed that in my full res copy. I am not going to go to the fuss of replacing my gallery LO though. LOL

AND NOW! for some reason when i check #24 my link to the JJ Gallery is not showing. When I edit the thread it says the link is there. Any ideas???

Your task #24 link works fine for me... post #770 here

Thank you for checking. I think my internet is a little slow today but the link is now showing. I appreciate the confirmation.happy.gif

Your task #24 link works fine for me... post #770 here

Task #21 is done! After setting the camera to "burst" mode and the focus to "monitor", I set out to photograph the goldfish in my pond. I never get good photos when I try that because they won't stay still! In "burst" mode, the camera takes photos one right after the other, with almost no pause, as long as I hold the button down. When reviewing the photos, it's almost like watching images in a flip book. I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner! There are so many shots I've missed in the past because I wasn't fast enough on the trigger, especially when trying to photograph birds or dolphins. I think it does use up the battery faster, so I won't use it all the time, but now I know I at least have the option!

Task #22 is done! Photos have been selected.

Archived