Jumpstart January 2012

tiza126

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task #24 - done.

One of the things I photographed was a doll my Mom made. The photo I used showed the truest color of her and of the background she was in front of. This was a great challenge. Here's the link.

My Favorite Doll

TASK 21 done

I used my Opteka HD/MC mirror F8.0 72mm lens. I have only used this lens once before & that time I used it with an adapter to increase the magnification so this is the first time I have used it on its own. I didn't have a lot of control over lighting or vantage point since it was a baseball game at 10:30 in the morning. Light was pretty strong & I had to be a good way off from the subjects at bat. LOL I liked the somewhat soft focus of the lens. The original photos were a little faded looking (I think I need a hood for this lens) but once I got them uploaded they were easy to correct in PSE.

Task #21 Complete

I received a new Canon rebel T3i for Christmas, although I had a rebel before, it was showing its age. The pictures are so much more detailed now and there are new features. My challenge this week as with almost everyone else has

been the weather. Everything has been so flat and dark. That is what led me to look at the creative auto setting.

One setting I used through my task was setting my camera on creative auto and using the Q button to alter the ambience of my photos from monochromatic to vivid or soft. I also practiced using my tripod but I would like to

play with that a little more outside.

Task #20 done.

Left some love in the gallery, and recorded the links in my month end document.

There are so many really great layouts in the gallery, btw. I'm especially enjoying the photography experiments--looking forward to getting on to Task 21 myself!

Task 21 - Done

I took quite a few pictures of my shoe tree - I even attempted using the manual settings on the digital camera - which I almost always have on "easy". I took pictures with the overhead light on, off, on dim.

Task 22 - Done

I finally settled on this one - Overhead light off, manual exposure.

Task 23 - Done

Task 24 - Done

See the "Shoe Tree"

TASK 10

Yes - I'm late... and I didn't choose my "favorite" designer, primarily because like most people here - its hard to pick one. I did however, pick a designer who's work has captured my interest lately - Pebbles Jones. I learned that she's like me - meaning she has beautiful layouts, but doesn't share much about herself in them. I think she has 3 kids - I know she has a daughter (Karlie) that has moved out on her own, and a younger son (Zach) who is a total camera clown - but I'm still unsure about the middle child (a boy named Andrew - I think). She also has a daughter-in-law - Kelli - whas pregnant in December 2010 with her third child, which would lead me to believe she has a son older than Karlie. But I could be really wrong - regardless, I enjoyed her gallery and look forward to learning more.

task #20: done

Task #21: I did this one today. I went out and took photos of an old lumber yard that's being torn down... for a parking lot. I took photos from down low, from atop stacks of bricks, looking up, inside a fence, etc. Then I drove down to the Mississippi river access and took two panoramic photos. Not really messed with that camera feature much.

task #22: Finished although I have about 60 photos from the lumberyard!

Me too! Task #25 is done and I am up to date!!!

My understanding going back to the original post is that there will be 1 more task tomorrow then we have to submit by 11.59 pm on the 31st (which IS tomorrow!) ... so only 1 more task to go!!!

Task #25 complete

LOL -- When I first read that I thought "any" task that was uncomplete & thought "wow, in just a day?"! Then I realized you were talking about JJ. Off to finish my newsletters for church (one of those unfinished jobs that I need to get done today.)

Archived