Jumpstart January 2012

tiza126

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured since I was here already I'd go ahead with this one, too.

I shoot in my camera's RAW format, so most of the editing I did was in the RAW editor. I fixed the white balance. Also, boosted the clarity, vibrance and blacks...(just a touch on each one). In my regular photo editor, I rotated the picture so that he was straight and cropped it to get rid of the white edges from the rotation. Nothing special here. I usually do any fun stuff when I add it to a layout.

I duplicated this photo, used screen and multiply blends, sharpened and blurred different layers, merged and duplicated again and added another screen blend. So, basically, just blends and filters. My dgd is a fun subject to work with.

The directions for uploading are very clear. I should be able to follow them, right?

Task#2 done!

For this photo, I did smart correct, digital noise removal, took out miscellaneous objects and people in the foreground by using the clone tool and object remover, I boosted the clarity then ran it through Nik Color effects using the brilliance tool. Then I duplicated, used the overlay blend at 20% opacity and applied a Gaussian blur. I merged that, duplicated it using the soft light blend, the Gaussian blur again.

Task #2 Done. I used a very simple action on this photo. I used SBA SSActions_StackedPhotos_6905_2

I was sitting at my desk and I heard this loud chattering coming from outside. At first I thought that it was a bird and that my cat had spotted it. I kept hearing it, so I got up and looked out the window and I saw this cute little squirrel just feet away sitting in the tree. So I grabbed my camera and starting taking pictures. This was the best of the lot.

Task 2 complete. I cropped the original photo and adjusted the shadows and highlights. I also duplicated the photo, converted the top one to black and white and used the overlay blending mode, with the opacity adjusted down to about 65%.

TASK #2 -- DONE

My first snowflake of the season! Quilled by hand from my dear "sister" Stephanie.

First I always use a Levels adjustment to sharpen the colors. The photo was a bit blurred, so I put a "smart sharpen". Added a final filter of Craquelure because I liked the way it added some richness to the background.

Task #2 completed.

Somewhere in this busy day I did find time to play with my photos, and boy did I play!

First I cropped the original photo & made some minor adjustments in Light Room. Then I moved over to PhotoShop, selected Matt & Jillian & blurred the background. Not wanting to stop there I used Brandys Sepia Sketch Action. I'm not real sure I liked the end result, but it was fun seeing what happened with the photo.

Here's the original photo & the altered photo:

Task #2 done

This is a picture I've wanted to do something with for a long time, but ...... it was a poor quality picture and a not very good scan done years ago. I duplicated, sharpened with an unsharp mask (seems to work better than the sharpen on this pic), did a Gaussian blur , masked the blur out of the face, reduced the blue, boosted the yellow and clone stamped some of the blue on the scan (that wasn't the grape juice on her mouth!) and finally cropped. Still not very good - but will work for my purposes.

Task #2 Done.

Opened photo, cropped and duplicated in CS5.

Adjustment Layer: Hue/Saturation with Preset Red Boost.

Adjustment Layer: Red Photo Filter @25%.

Adjustment Layer: Vibrance @ 9%.

Grouped photos, duplicated group, turned off original group and merged Group 2.

Drew Elliptical Marquee around the focal point, inverted selection and duplicated selection.

Changed duplicated layer to Color Burn@78% to create a subtle vignette.

Removed a Fire Extinguisher from the back wall with Content Aware Fill and then repainted the wall with the Clone Tool.

Result added a lot of shine to the original photo of my goddaughter Farrah with her goddaughter (my DGD Maeve.)

Task #2

My precious puppy's face was impossible to see before in this photo, so I adjusted the brightness and color and sharpened the image. Now if I could crop it down more so the dry cleaning wasn't visable in the back I think it would be great.

TASK#1 Done

TASK#2 Done

Let's see....

I changed the color and contrast then desaturated just a bit. The color was way too yellow

duplicated the layer and blurred the top layer then with a soft brush erased the people and chicken so the clear pic underneath would show.

the bottom layer I sharpened around the eyes, nose lips. (soft brush) just to make them pop a bit.

Burned the areas where the light hit to hard in the face and the lips just a tad to bring out the color (soft brush) 15-20% (just played till I liked it)

Then added the vignette.

These are friends that invited us over to their house for a Mexican Christmas Dinner. It was wonderful!

task #2 I used the quick selection tool to highlight my daughter and then I added a fill layer choosing gradient and it made the people that were in the way like they are in the shadows. I really like how it turned out!! I am having lots of problems posting the pictures but if you go to my gallery they are there under 2012 album!!My link

Task #2: Photoshopping for a family Christmas!

I started by cropping this photo down a bit, then used smart fix to adjust the colors and lighting.

I added a mask from Jen Reed's Super 7 spread, then moved my photo above the mask in the layers palette. I used <ctrl g> to clip the photo to the mask, then adjusted the sizes of the photo and mask to get a fit I liked. I used a soft brush with the eraser tool on the mask to soften the edges to a shape that I liked. I then used <clrl e> to merge the layers.

Voila! Christmas magic! LOL!

Task#2 done.

I had this great golden photo from last night so I decided to give it a 70s feel by playing with adjustment layers and blending modes, added a blur, a photo filter and a solid color adjustment layer :-)

I picked 2 others too but I won't put them here...

I shoot in raw and use lightroom to adjust my photos...i cropped this photo and used mcp lightroom preset to make black and white and to make the border. i used photoshop to take out a wire on the back side wall.

OOPS dont know why there are two of the same photo and cant figure out how to take it out..sorry

Task #1 done. (I didn't have anything new on the camera, but had a shoot scheduled with my son for the 3rd so I waited a day to do this task!)

Task #2 done. I shoot RAW so my editing was done in Lightroom. For this photo, mostly corrected the white balance, which was a weird mix of fluorescent and daylight. I tweaked the lighting/brightness/contrast some also. Then cropped for printing (this is part of his senior photo set of athletic photos.)

Archived