Jumpstart January 2012

tiza126

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question, would using a lens I haven't used much at all (say, like only once) count as exploring different photo taking? I only ask because the lens forces a different awareness of composition & I frequently change my vantage point anyway.

I have been sewing so I will be taking my shots this weekend.

I have a question, would using a lens I haven't used much at all (say, like only once) count as exploring different photo taking? I only ask because the lens forces a different awareness of composition & I frequently change my vantage point anyway.

I have been sewing so I will be taking my shots this weekend.

Yes Jenna, I think using a different lens would count (especially since you haven't used it much at all yet) :)

Tiza, I have a question:

Can I include not-so-favorite photos as well? I'm thinking along the lines of good photo vs bad. If not, I'll work with just my favorites.

As long as they are photos from Task #21, they will work.

Tiza, I have a question:

Can I include not-so-favorite photos as well? I'm thinking along the lines of good photo vs bad. If not, I'll work with just my favorites.

As long as they are photos from Task #21, they will work.

Yes, they are photos from my experiments with lighting for Task #21. Thanks!

Task 6 -- done

I always keep up with unzipping and filing my scrapbooking supplies. My filing system is really basic... one file for collections and one file for Scrapsimple items. I don't separate my collections in paper, embellishments, etc. since I'm still a novice at trying to figure out what goes with what in a layout as well as coordinating colors for layouts. So, I tend to leave this work to the pros. My Scrapsimple supplies are subdivide into paper, embellishments, templates, etc.

Extremely basic... but it works well for me.

Task #21 done. Macro is the bane of my life. I love coming in really close to something to try to capture the detail and if possible to get some background blur too, but it never happens (well at least not consistently)

Today I went to a beautiful local garden to try to get some good macro shots of the spring flowers (yes we have snow drops and daffodils out already) but the ground was sooo muddy and everything required me to crawl around on all fours so I abandoned the macro session outdoors. I came home and instead tried photographing detail on objects in my home. A little more success than I usually achieve, but still not perfect.

Task #22 also done. I think I have a few that might create an interesting LO

TASK #21 -- COMPLETE

Read an article not too long ago about creating photographs with movement. Meaning you move the camera while snapping the picture. And playing with the F stop. The images are blurred - but often quite interesting! There is alot experimentation -- trial and error to get a "cool" shot.

So now, after I take the "normal" pictures. I usually take a few movent shots to see what happens. Trees tend do be my favorites because of their defined lines and usually create interesting images in the photos.

TASK #22 -- DONE -- Selected a few photos!

TASK #21 -- COMPLETE

Read an article not too long ago about creating photographs with movement. Meaning you move the camera while snapping the picture. And playing with the F stop. The images are blurred - but often quite interesting! There is alot experimentation -- trial and error to get a "cool" shot.

So now, after I take the "normal" pictures. I usually take a few movent shots to see what happens. Trees tend do be my favorites because of their defined lines and usually create interesting images in the photos.

TASK #22 -- DONE -- Selected a few photos!

Ooh Jo I've tried that technique - the results can be stunning! I'm looking forward to seeing what youve got!

Task #21 done -- just taking photos on such a dreary, drab day was a challenge in itself! Not much going on, so I concentrated on ISO & aperture setting as well as photographing the birds in the tops of the trees instead of those on the feeders & near to the window.

Task #21 done. Macro is the bane of my life. I love coming in really close to something to try to capture the detail and if possible to get some background blur too, but it never happens (well at least not consistently)

Today I went to a beautiful local garden to try to get some good macro shots of the spring flowers (yes we have snow drops and daffodils out already) but the ground was sooo muddy and everything required me to crawl around on all fours so I abandoned the macro session outdoors. I came home and instead tried photographing detail on objects in my home. A little more success than I usually achieve, but still not perfect.

Task #22 also done. I think I have a few that might create an interesting LO

My macro is my favorite lens as is probably evident from my photographs :)! It takes a lot of practice, a good tripod and calm weather conditions. I would recommend checking out the book Understanding Close Up Photography by Bryan Peterson. It is a little pricey but maybe you can get it at the library.

Task 10 -- Speedbump... Done

I have always been drawn to Amanda Fraijo-Tobin's layouts. There never seem to be two layouts that are remotely alike in her gallery. I came across this layout... My link and after spending some time hoooing and haaaaing while visiting all the designers' galleries... this layout made me laugh out loud. Something I needed this morning.

I learned that Amanda loves make-up. :D

I love the colors on roosters! I can see why you were inspired by it! -- And as far as your husband being "concerned"... dont worry - you are in good company here ;)

Task #16 is done!

I am inspired by my potholder. (My husband is a little concerned about me.)

Well, it is a very inspiring potholder! LOL!

He just doesn't understand us SGers. Not too many people do. But we understand each other and that is what matters. Bwahahahaha!

He's wondering why I'm "taking orders from the internet" now! LOL!

Archived