Jumpstart January 2012

tiza126

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 7th Task 6 Are your scrapbooking products all unzipped and organized? Spend some time organizing your digital scrapbooking supplies today.

Requirement: Post to this thread sharing your basic organizational method with us.

Task #6 has been going on for a few days now! Using our long xmas break to catch up on all my downloads and post xmas sale items lol!

Basically I unzip into a folder named the same, import to PSE and put the kit into a folder named the same - I also file each paper by colour and each element by group - eg frames, ribbons, glitter etc so I can find what I want when I don't know the kit name! Anything not in a kit goes into - papers not in kits, elements not in kits and templates not in kits also... :-) am i making this harder than it needs to be!?!

Task #6 done (and still in progress!)

Task #6

Basic organization is with each type of embellishment in separate folders. Color folders for Papers. Separate folders for EasyPages or JiffyAlbum pages, Templates and ScrapSimple papers. If I want to use a single collection I run a search with the collection name and it pops up all the different pieces where ever they are.

Task #5 Completed

Just finished yesterday's task -- now to see if today's has been posted. Took a little longer than I thought, but how could I not LL on all the pages there? Everyone is doing such a lovly & creative job on this project.

Jode2771

BetC

AnnBK

PrincessRunningFinger

Beckster

TASK 5 done

TASK 6 done

This task is always in progress for me. I have folders for paper, embellies, templates - those folders are split into sub-folders like neutrals, patterns, theme specific; embellies gets broken down to templates, frames, ribbons & fibers, scatters, theme specific, holiday (the list goes on). So I split it all up into these categories. If the kit comes with the png sheets I keep those & discard the individual files in the interest of disk space. I also have started saving my PSD files as Tiff because they save as layers but are smaller than the PSDs. If I need to (or want to) use only one colletion I search by designer or collection name.

Still procrastinating on Task 4...

Task #6 - Done

I didn't have much to do, just opened a few freebies and filed them.

I have a folder called collections, and all my collections go there, arranged in alphabetical order by designer. Christmas collections are in a separate folder, as are club collections. I keep SS club collections separate, and SG club collections separate but moving them to the collections folder after a year.

Items that are not in collections go into different folders depending on what they are, such as paper, filed by color, and embellishment, filed by categories.

I may have to divide the collections up into smaller groups due to the number of them, but for now that works for me.

Archived