Installing Styles, Pse 10

AnnBK

• 2 months later...

Here are the step by step instructions for installing on a Mac. The process is the same for PC, the names are just different.

Install Actions in PSE 10 on Mac

To Install Actions in PSE 10 on a Mac, download the action and copy it to the following location on your computer:

HD>Library>App Support>Adobe>PhotoshopElements>PhotoCreations>PhotoEffects

Next, go back to to the following location and delete the thumbs database

HD>Library>AppSupport>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>10

next, navigate to HD>Library>AppSupport>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>10>Locale>en_US> and delete the mediadatabase

To Install Styles, copy and paste the style file to HD>Library>AppSupport>Adobe>PhotoshopElements>10>Photo Creations>Layer Styles.

After the style file has been pasted, go back and delete both the thumbs database and the media database.

I am also having problems installing styles and tools. I wonder if the problem is because I purchased PSE 10 through the Apple App store? I have followed the instructions found on this thread, but when I attempt it i can get as far as the HD....(down through to ) Adobe, but then when I open Adobe PSE is not listed as a program. Do you or anybody know how I can go about installing these items?

Amy

Here are the step by step instructions for installing on a Mac. The process is the same for PC, the names are just different.

To Install Actions in PSE 10 on a Mac, download the action and copy it to the following location on your computer:

next, navigate to HD>Library>AppSupport>Adobe>Photoshop Elements>10>Locale>en_US> and delete the mediadatabase

To Install Styles, copy and paste the style file to HD>Library>AppSupport>Adobe>PhotoshopElements>10>Photo Creations>Layer Styles.

After the style file has been pasted, go back and delete both the thumbs database and the media database.

I am also having problems installing styles and tools. I wonder if the problem is because I purchased PSE 10 through the Apple App store? I have followed the instructions found on this thread, but when I attempt it i can get as far as the HD....(down through to ) Adobe, but then when I open Adobe PSE is not listed as a program. Do you or anybody know how I can go about installing these items?

Amy

I'm bumping this up for you Amy - hope someone will be able to help you with it...

Amy

I'm bumping this up for you Amy - hope someone will be able to help you with it...

Thanks again for all your help

Archived