Thinking About Getting A Keyboard For My Ipad

Sara Arell

I've been doing some research on getting a keyboard for my IPad and have had several conversations with the Apple Folks this weekend which took me in a direction that I never thought I'd hear from Apple - one of the techs with whom I spoke told me about this ZAGG Folio IPad 2 Keyboard Case Cover with Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - and I'm really very interested in knowing if anyone else has thought about one of these. From what I can gather, the keyboard comes with the Case which makes it very cost effective and the keyboard is stored right in the case with the IPad (which would not be possible with the IPad case I have now.

It comes in leather or polyurethane and in several different styles - the Zagg website has alot of other cool IPad accessories to offer as well.

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggfolio-ipad-2-keyboard-case is where the Apple rep told me to look and I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this, knows about it, or would recommend or not recommend it. EDITED: I just checked out the Logitech site too - http://www.logitech.com/en-us/1222/8213 The Apple Rep also told me to look at the ones Logitech makes for this purpose but I have not yet researched that one. For Rich to use my IPad, I'm going to almost have to have a keyboard - he does not like the touchpad - and he would get very frustrated quickly.

Also, Christopher "borrows" Rich's laptop (my old one) almost too frequently now and so we are thinking about (and I love this part!) giving Chris Rich'sl laptop, giving my laptop to Rich and buying myself a newer, larger laptop - mine is a 15 inch MacBook Pro bought for the convention I was not able to go to last time we had one.......so I'm kind of excited about this and Rich seems to think it's a good idea too. The laptop he has now (the one we'd give to Rich) has the plastic cover and is a smaller screen than mine and mine would be an upgrade for him - so, what'cha think? Goood ideas? Any suggestions?

I think I really want to do this but would love, love, love some thoughts from other IPad users please????

Wow, Sara - I don't have an iPad (still wishing at this point) but looked at your links. What cool products! I really like how the Zagg is one piece once your iPad is put in but you can still turn the iPad vertically if you wanted. It looks so sleek and compact and you can have everything together. And, it comes in colors! :)

The logitech looks nice, too but I really like how the Zagg is so compact and in one piece once it's together. That's my opinion for all I know.. :)

Your laptop passing-down plan sounds good, too. Good luck!

Wow, Sara - I don't have an iPad (still wishing at this point) but looked at your links. What cool products! I really like how the Zagg is one piece once your iPad is put in but you can still turn the iPad vertically if you wanted. It looks so sleek and compact and you can have everything together. And, it comes in colors! :)

The logitech looks nice, too but I really like how the Zagg is so compact and in one piece once it's together. That's my opinion for all I know.. :)

Your laptop passing-down plan sounds good, too. Good luck!

Yes, I kind of like the Zagg one too, Marilyn - and oh, wow, the other products are so cool too! It will be my birthday present - Rich asked me if I had ordered it yet this morning - told him I was waiting for my SG votes! LOL

Hey Sara -

I just got my dad a bluetooth keyboard/case combo for his iPad as a Christmas present. They actually had them in Kohls, but I found them in Marshalls as well. I'm don't remember the brand but it was priced originally for about $70, but of course it had additional discounts and I had my 30% off coupon! He had no problems with it - didn't require charging or anything. He just plugged it in and typed his little heart out! He's been using it nonstop ever since.

I always thought the keyboard was kind of a waste of money, but now I am also reconsidering. I hate trying to type on screen keypad, and I think the keyboard would make it SO much easier to just fire off a quick e-mail or even to update my ScrapGirls status. I have a RooCase on my ipad that I spent like $40 on, so I really hate to spend the money on a full-price keyboard. I'm going to keep checking Marshalls for a cheapie one!!!

If you do pick one, let me know your review!

Sara,

Have you purchased any of Zagg's products before? I buy all my screen protectors for iPads and iPhones from them. Absolutely amazing and no other product like them.

One thing to note on Zagg, they are always giving discount promo codes so hang in there, if you don't follow them on facebook sign up and you can expect a discount shortly.

I pretty much have never bought anything protectors from them that haven't been 50% off.

As for the keyboard it will be a standard bluetooth keyboard, just so you know any bluetooth keyboad will work but the ZaggFolio is nice as it hides in the cover when not in use.

Zagg makes great stuff! Packaging is wonderful and products are awesome, I use the ZaggBuds as well and there a great earBud.

Vince

Sara,

Have you purchased any of Zagg's products before? I buy all my screen protectors for iPads and iPhones from them. Absolutely amazing and no other product like them.

One thing to note on Zagg, they are always giving discount promo codes so hang in there, if you don't follow them on facebook sign up and you can expect a discount shortly.

I pretty much have never bought anything protectors from them that haven't been 50% off.

As for the keyboard it will be a standard bluetooth keyboard, just so you know any bluetooth keyboad will work but the ZaggFolio is nice as it hides in the cover when not in use.

Zagg makes great stuff! Packaging is wonderful and products are awesome, I use the ZaggBuds as well and there a great earBud.

Vince

Wow, great first-hand info - thanks for sharing! :)

Sara,

Vince

Wow, great first-hand info - thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks, Vince - I like the first hand info too - the Zagg is the direction I am headed - and I did notice about the discount promo codes so appreciate the reminder - I need to get the scrren protectors from them too - I understand they are twice as good as the Apple ones - thanks so much for the advice - think I will be placing my order today - birthday is coming up in a couple of days and that is my birthday gift from my husband so I'm very excited about geting it - I know I wil enjoy being able to actually type on my IPad -

Sara,

Vince

I think i saw that if one orders the ZaggFolio that the ear buds are a freebie?

Hey Sara -

I just got my dad a bluetooth keyboard/case combo for his iPad as a Christmas present. They actually had them in Kohls, but I found them in Marshalls as well. I'm don't remember the brand but it was priced originally for about $70, but of course it had additional discounts and I had my 30% off coupon! He had no problems with it - didn't require charging or anything. He just plugged it in and typed his little heart out! He's been using it nonstop ever since.

I always thought the keyboard was kind of a waste of money, but now I am also reconsidering. I hate trying to type on screen keypad, and I think the keyboard would make it SO much easier to just fire off a quick e-mail or even to update my ScrapGirls status. I have a RooCase on my ipad that I spent like $40 on, so I really hate to spend the money on a full-price keyboard. I'm going to keep checking Marshalls for a cheapie one!!!

If you do pick one, let me know your review!

Laura, I spent alot on my IPad case too, but after using the IPad for several months I know now that I really want to be able to type on it and can't wait to order this keyboard with the case - did you read Vince's review? I think it's going to be worth the $$$ really for all of the use I will get out of it,

I'm also looking at a keyboard. Thanks for the info.

I am going to order it, Belle - will let you know how I like it but I realy have no doubts that I am going to love it after all the research I've done - did you read Vince's review? That helped me decide for certain really.

Hi Sara - I received the Zaggfolio for iPad 2 keyboard for Christmas. It's great with the iPad although I probably use it alot more with my iPhone and text messaging. If you have any questions that I can help with, just ask.

Tina

Hi Sara - I received the Zaggfolio for iPad 2 keyboard for Christmas. It's great with the iPad although I probably use it alot more with my iPhone and text messaging. If you have any questions that I can help with, just ask.

Tina

This is awesome, I did not realise you could use it with the IPhone as well. I SMS quite a lot with my IPhone. I've got a birthday coming up!:disappearing-smilie:

Tina

Thanks, Tina! I didn't know it could be used with the IPhone either! Now I am excited! I'm going to definitely order it - just haven't felt reall good lately and the window is still open on my laptop but I just haven't gotten around to it - I do have some questions - I will write to you later - just got up and it's already time to lie down again - being sick is the pits - usually by this time of morning I've done half a day's work and am dressed and ready to go! I'm happy to hear from someone who has it - thanks for letting me know.

I wanted to add to this post - One further item was the discount codes I mentioned.

Zagg has all kind of promos where you enter to win an ipad and fairly big prizes that seem to good to be true, I enter regularly but yet to win but anyway the important part of that is that after you enter they email you discount code to use.

Another method is create an item add it to your cart and leave it there for a day or two. After 24 hrs you will probley get an email saying "we noticed you have an item in your cart, here is 20% off while you decide"

50% off is not uncommon, sometimes restricted on things like there skins for iPhones etc.

Lastly, if you haven't checked out there skins watch the videos they are as good as they show and better than any other cover i've seen. (Note : it takes about 2 days for the bubbles to fully get dried out with no moisture in them)

I'm not affiliated with them in anyway but I will only use there covers on my devices compared to all the other junk out there.

Hope that helps!

Vince

Tina

Don't forget if you are texting people with IOS devices (Iphone or iPad) you can all text them via iMessage on your iPad. I'm a huge apple fan so pardon the reply if you are aware of that already.

Tina

Don't forget if you are texting people with IOS devices (Iphone or iPad) you can all text them via iMessage on your iPad. I'm a huge apple fan so pardon the reply if you are aware of that already.

I'm a huge Apple Fan too! Can't imagine being anything else! As soon as I feel a little better, going to put my order in ...and thanks for all the tips!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my new keyboard for my Mac and the case that comes with it - I absolutely love it! It's no bigger than the case it was in before and it's like having a new little mini computer - I bought it from Zagg in case anyone is interested I will provide the link for you. Easy to put together and soooooo easy to use and now I can actually type on my IPad!

LOVE it - it was my birthday present!

Archived