Exif Info

kelda

When you are working on a LO, can you put the credit info into the LO's EXIF info and have it show up when you post in the gallery? It's a lot easier for me to credit as I go as opposed to remembering when I post or putting it in a word doc as I go. (unless I only use one kit, which only happens 10% of the time, I forget to either put in the doc or remember just which things are from which kit)

If you are using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements you can go to File>File Info and put the items you've used into the Description area and it will show up under EXIF Properties after you've posted.

I use PSE and when I drag something up from the Project Bin onto my layout, it puts the name of the file as the layer name. I think it does that in Photoshop when you drag one file onto another since CS doesn't have a Project Bin. I then double click on the file name, do Ctrl+C to Copy that file name. Click on the layer tab (other than on the name spot) to deselect and then go to File>File Info and place your cursor in the Description area and Ctrl+V to paste. I usually try to remember to list my fonts there too because people often want to know what's used in a layout.

Belle and Pat have given you good advice - Just remember when you save, be sure to use Save As and NOT Save for Web. If you use Save for Web, the file info will be lost and will not show up under EXIF properties. HTH :)

Thanks for all the (real;y quick) answers! I use PSP, but I'm betting there's a way do it similar to Photoshop... I found a place to add info to the image information, so I will play with. For now, it's a virtual post it or word doc (I always have one or the other open at any given time). I'll report back later because my guess is that someone else may wonder the same thing!!

Carrie, I use a Supply Tracker for PSE but maybe there is something similar in Paint Shop Pro? It's a little action that I click when I am finished and it lists all my supllies, I then just copy and paste onto my gallery post :-) it doesn't edit out dupes or add fonts or actions/styles/tools etc so I have to do them but it is a start! Good luck!

I figured it out!!

When you export as a JPEG, you have to check then box that says "save EXIF info". Duh. I feel so... silly. It's that simple.

Also for anyone who might have the same question for PSP X+, you go to the file bar click IMAGE> IMAGE INFORMATION. Then you need to uncheck the "only display items with values" box under the EXIF Info tab. Add your credits to the Description section.

Jodie, it's so cool PSE has a supply list tracker. I would imagine there is something similar out there for PSP, I just haven't found it yet.

Archived