Picasa...how Many Levels Deep?

Schwabby

I seem to be having a problem with images not showing up in Picasa unless they are in a top layer folder, and more than that and they images aren't showing up.

For Example Scrapbooking>Scrapgirls Kit 1 shows up fine, but Scrapbooking>Scrapgirls Kit 1>papers does not.....is there a way to change the levels that it goes so that I can have nested folders? I have searched for it and if it is there I am missing it! I started to just throw everything in one folder and I have too many files for that!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Schwabby

I have the "tree view" folder view selected right now (view-folder view-tree view), and I see both filled-in triangles and also outlined triangles in my view. If there are more folders "deeper" within my organizing, I see an outlined triangle at that folder..that's my cue to click on it and open yet another layer of files. If the triangle is filled in and pointing to the lower right corner that's as deep as the layers go and everything is within view.

Basically, the outlined triangle indicates there are additional sub folders to be opened, and Picasa won't show them unless you "open" that folder. Get your triangles to all be filled in and then you should see everything.

Does that make sense? Hopefully someone else with more experience will explain it more succinctly. I've only been using it for about 6 months.

If you click on Tools up in the menu bar and then Folder Manager, you can designate what folders Picasa will search. You can click on the arrow next to a folder and mark what needs to be watched. You can mark a folder to be scanned once, removed from Picasa, or scanned always. HTH

Just to the right of Create a new albulm are 2 folder buttons (Flat View and folder View).

If you use flat view every directory will be a folder so you can scroll through them, under folder view if the tree is expanded it will show. But if your scrolling through and the tree is collapsed it will skip over it.

I also would like the tree view to auto expand folders or have a method that it showed ALL graphics for the current tree in one view.

I'm actually considering something else like ACDSee instead because of it.

I turned on the Tree View but if I am busy looking at images I don't always see there is another level. I wish I could set the level deep Picasa would show. I may have to go on a hunt to make a suggestion to them to add that.......glad to know that I am not alone. I was reading Ro's organizing suggestions and I may have a go at that method.....

My method is outlined in our free eBook 15 Things You NEED to Know to Become a GREAT Digital Scrapbooker (FREE Starter eBook). I've tried various things over the years since I wrote that tutorial, but I keep coming back to it because it's so much faster for me to find things when I am scrapping. My only issue is keeping up with the filing. I get lazy. But then, when I scrap, I regret that because I always tend to head into my folders.

I need to have another big filing day!

Archived