which is your favorite game ?

#2 Syndee

Syndee

Pixel Geek

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,711 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

That's a tough one! I used to love Yahtzee as a kid and my Dad's side of the family was really into card games. We would get together on a regular basis and they would have a huge card game and always let the kids get involved even if it slowed everything down! LOL But for my family, I guess I would say Monopoly or the Game of Life - we always end up laughing and being silly. Not sure if anybody ever really wins the game! LOL
Posted ImagePosted Image

Click the images below to be taken to the product page :)
   Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
My Blog

#3 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 41,602 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

My daughter's new favorite is bananagrams. It is kind of like scrabble but a lot less structured.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngShredButton.pngButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#4 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,601 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

That's funny, April - Bananagrams is my current favorite game right now too. I gave several of tjem as gifts a few uears ago amd kept one for myself - been payimg ot ever since!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 scraphappen

scraphappen

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Personal Statement:I love to scrap and Digi scrap is so much easier, cleaner and cost effective!!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

I love to play Monopoly go!! it's fast I like monopoly but it takes too long this is a much faster game!!

gallery_15599_297_8011.pngShredButton.pngBLINKIES_nextdoor.gif

#6 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 13,933 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

I love to play Mahjong and I always play the solitaire version on my computer. Scrabble is another of my favorites. I used to love Clue, but I never liked Monopoly. It seemed that everyone who played was cutthroat and out to get you. I like to play to have fun, some laughs and enjoy myself. We used to play a card game called Screw Thy Neighbor. Boy was that a lot of fun. I'll have to check out Bananagrams.

gallery_11036_66_10740.png

BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary_Spice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for April 2014, 6975 (1170) -- 6933 (1073) as of 4-03-14

#7 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 18,684 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

I've always been a big fan of Clue, I never did like Monopoly, and I've always loved Nintendo video games: any Mario games or Donkey Kong games. The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo version) was my all time favorite.

#8 B&K Mom

B&K Mom

Just a girl who loves to scrap!

• Members
  • 9,313 posts
  • Location:Northwest Alaska...loving life on the Last Frontier!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Killer Bunnies is my favorite. Also a great game is Doodle Dice...inventive and fun and easy to play with multiple ages. Our family loves Guesstures and a new one called "Trigger" (a small card game that's great for large or small groups and is different every time). Can you tell we're a game family? I could go on and on and on for a long time. :D
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 mimes1

mimes1

Loving This Purple Place

• Creative Team
  • 6,927 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hands down my favorite game of all time is "Sorry". I played it as a kid and I love it now. My new favorite is Rummikub, and then Attack Uno. I love Family Game nights.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

Rejoice in the Lord always. Phil 4:4

• Members
  • 12,003 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a Christ follower. I love my DH, my boys, church, scrapping, reading, and our backyard birds.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

We don't seem to play games as often as I would like.
Rich has TONS of games. I'm guessing 300. lol I just asked him how many he thinks he has. He guessed around 200. Either way...that's a lot! But a lot of them are military/history/building empires/etc. That's not my favorite kind of game. :(
Since Christmas we've been playing Shut the Box pretty often. It's quick and easy.

gallery_9116_358_46999.png

Button_Published.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif ShredButton.png

#11 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

Rejoice in the Lord always. Phil 4:4

• Members
  • 12,003 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a Christ follower. I love my DH, my boys, church, scrapping, reading, and our backyard birds.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Me again...Nathan had woken up...
I grew up playing a LOT of card games. But Rich grew up playing games like what I described above. :hit-head-with-hammer:
With the boys (both 9) we play Clue, Sorry, Life, Settlers of Catan, and, now, Shut the Box. That last one can be a really quick game if we want or longer.

gallery_9116_358_46999.png

Button_Published.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif ShredButton.png

#12 KFiasco

KFiasco

• Members
  • 8,022 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

That's kinda like saying what's your favorite song? I have so many favorites. Haven't played any lately. The only ones who play are my mom; my sil from Tulsa; and me. Sil doesn't get up here that often. We play a card game called Hand and Foot and rummikub. My sil is very competitive, but mom and I just play for fun. Another game we play with a lot of people is R-L-C. It's a dice game that you play with money. You throw the dice and put your dollars to the right, left, or center. It goes very fast and is a lot of fun in big groups. I'll have to check out bananagrams and shut the box.

Karen
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 KFiasco

KFiasco

• Members
  • 8,022 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

One I forgot to mention is a long card game called "May I". My friends and I used to play as teens. Her mom and a group of friends taught it to us. It is a lot of fun, wish I could remember the rules.

Karen

PS I just ordered Shut the Box. I have a 7yo great niece that doesn't like math. I want her to like it and want to help as much as I can.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,601 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

Rich and I used to play alot of backgammon - it was such fun! I still love my bananagrams and Scrabble - and if I'm playing Scrabble with Rich he comes up with all of these legal terms that I don't know or have never heard of and he wins! I like to play Scrabble on the computer but I'll be the first to admit I cheat and hit the "clue" thingy so I get get the words with points. I do learn by doing that - LOL
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Deb C.

Deb C.

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

I like the card game Phase Ten. I really like this thread. I'm finding so many games I want to try.

#16 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

We love games here. I love Mastermind and Clue. I'm very good at them too. Clue is the first game I can consistently beat my DH. Since we are mathematically minded in our household we play a lot of Set, Phase 10 and Krypto. Krypto is a purely mathematical card game. It's a race to see who can combine the numbers by addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to get the final number. It's a great way to improve your basic math skills. We play a lot of Blokus, Scrabble, Apples to Apples, Uno, and Go Fish with the kids. When we can get a good group we love to play Settlers of Catan. DH and I just discovered Carcassone on our iPhones and are having a lot of fun with that. Bananagrams is a lot of fun. I often through that in my purse when we go out to eat.
Posted Image

#17 Deb C.

Deb C.

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

One of my favorite games when I was younger is Spoons. I still like to play it with the kids.

#18 sanot

sanot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

So many favorites...we recently had a great game night with the kids playing the classic Memory...remember beating my mom at it as a kid, and now my kids can definitely hold their own and beat me! I loved Parcheesi as a kid. A new favorite is "Spot It", and "You've Been Sentenced." My 2 older kids are telling me Fairopoly, a State Fair version of Monopoly. Another great one is Labyrinth, which is good for spacial thinking and strategy.
Posted Image

#19 KFiasco

KFiasco

• Members
  • 8,022 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

One of my favorite games when I was younger is Spoons. I still like to play it with the kids.

Haven't played spoons in forever. Will have to remember to play with the nieces and nephews.

Karen
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 galinjapan

galinjapan

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

We have been playing UNO since the Christmas holidays at my house. My son likes to remind me that he's the 'UNO King'
Posted Image

#21 Deb C.

Deb C.

• Members
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yes, I love UNO too. Another favorite is a card game called Strife and Malice. I've heard it is the same thing as Skip-O.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users