which is your favorite game ?

#2 Syndee

Syndee

Pixel Geek

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

That's a tough one! I used to love Yahtzee as a kid and my Dad's side of the family was really into card games. We would get together on a regular basis and they would have a huge card game and always let the kids get involved even if it slowed everything down! LOL But for my family, I guess I would say Monopoly or the Game of Life - we always end up laughing and being silly. Not sure if anybody ever really wins the game! LOL

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_TeamMember.pngSyndee_CT-Blinkie.gif

Click the images below to be taken to the product page :)
   SNU_SSActions_ArtisticPhotoMask_MKTG150. SNU_WatercolorWonderful_Ppr_MKTG150.jpg SNU_JIF6_WatercolorWonderful_MKTG150.jpgSNU_WatercolorWonderland_Ppr_LO150.jpg
My Blog

#3 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,186 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:39 AM

My daughter's new favorite is bananagrams. It is kind of like scrabble but a lot less structured.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#4 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,773 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

That's funny, April - Bananagrams is my current favorite game right now too. I gave several of tjem as gifts a few uears ago amd kept one for myself - been payimg ot ever since!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 scraphappen

scraphappen

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • Personal Statement:I love to scrap and Digi scrap is so much easier, cleaner and cost effective!!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

I love to play Monopoly go!! it's fast I like monopoly but it takes too long this is a much faster game!!

gallery_15599_297_8011.pngShredButton.pngBLINKIES_nextdoor.gif

#6 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • 14,286 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

I love to play Mahjong and I always play the solitaire version on my computer. Scrabble is another of my favorites. I used to love Clue, but I never liked Monopoly. It seemed that everyone who played was cutthroat and out to get you. I like to play to have fun, some laughs and enjoy myself. We used to play a card game called Screw Thy Neighbor. Boy was that a lot of fun. I'll have to check out Bananagrams.

gallery_11036_66_14165.png
BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for October 2014, 7340 -- 7260 as of 10-18-14

#7 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,890 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

I've always been a big fan of Clue, I never did like Monopoly, and I've always loved Nintendo video games: any Mario games or Donkey Kong games. The Legend of Zelda (Nintendo version) was my all time favorite.

#8 B&K Mom

B&K Mom

Just a girl who loves to scrap!

• Members
  • 9,313 posts
  • Location:Northwest Alaska...loving life on the Last Frontier!

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Killer Bunnies is my favorite. Also a great game is Doodle Dice...inventive and fun and easy to play with multiple ages. Our family loves Guesstures and a new one called "Trigger" (a small card game that's great for large or small groups and is different every time). Can you tell we're a game family? I could go on and on and on for a long time. :D
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 mimes1

mimes1

Loving This Purple Place

• Creative Team
  • 6,959 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

Hands down my favorite game of all time is "Sorry". I played it as a kid and I love it now. My new favorite is Rummikub, and then Attack Uno. I love Family Game nights.

SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngButton_Published.png

#10 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

Rejoice in the Lord always. Phil 4:4

• Members
  • 12,088 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a Christ follower. I love my DH, my boys, church, scrapping, reading, and our backyard birds.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

We don't seem to play games as often as I would like.
Rich has TONS of games. I'm guessing 300. lol I just asked him how many he thinks he has. He guessed around 200. Either way...that's a lot! But a lot of them are military/history/building empires/etc. That's not my favorite kind of game. :(
Since Christmas we've been playing Shut the Box pretty often. It's quick and easy.

gallery_9116_358_46999.png

Button_Published.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif ShredButton.png

#11 scrappinchar

scrappinchar

Rejoice in the Lord always. Phil 4:4

• Members
  • 12,088 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a Christ follower. I love my DH, my boys, church, scrapping, reading, and our backyard birds.

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:36 PM

Me again...Nathan had woken up...
I grew up playing a LOT of card games. But Rich grew up playing games like what I described above. :hit-head-with-hammer:
With the boys (both 9) we play Clue, Sorry, Life, Settlers of Catan, and, now, Shut the Box. That last one can be a really quick game if we want or longer.

gallery_9116_358_46999.png

Button_Published.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif ShredButton.png

#12 KFiasco

KFiasco

• Members
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

That's kinda like saying what's your favorite song? I have so many favorites. Haven't played any lately. The only ones who play are my mom; my sil from Tulsa; and me. Sil doesn't get up here that often. We play a card game called Hand and Foot and rummikub. My sil is very competitive, but mom and I just play for fun. Another game we play with a lot of people is R-L-C. It's a dice game that you play with money. You throw the dice and put your dollars to the right, left, or center. It goes very fast and is a lot of fun in big groups. I'll have to check out bananagrams and shut the box.

Karen
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 KFiasco

KFiasco

• Members
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

One I forgot to mention is a long card game called "May I". My friends and I used to play as teens. Her mom and a group of friends taught it to us. It is a lot of fun, wish I could remember the rules.

Karen

PS I just ordered Shut the Box. I have a 7yo great niece that doesn't like math. I want her to like it and want to help as much as I can.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,773 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

Rich and I used to play alot of backgammon - it was such fun! I still love my bananagrams and Scrabble - and if I'm playing Scrabble with Rich he comes up with all of these legal terms that I don't know or have never heard of and he wins! I like to play Scrabble on the computer but I'll be the first to admit I cheat and hit the "clue" thingy so I get get the words with points. I do learn by doing that - LOL
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Deb C.

Deb C.

• Members
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

I like the card game Phase Ten. I really like this thread. I'm finding so many games I want to try.

#16 sarabethp

sarabethp

Where's my Super Suit?

• Members
  • 5,062 posts
  • Personal Statement:Waiting on God's timing. For he has glorious things planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

We love games here. I love Mastermind and Clue. I'm very good at them too. Clue is the first game I can consistently beat my DH. Since we are mathematically minded in our household we play a lot of Set, Phase 10 and Krypto. Krypto is a purely mathematical card game. It's a race to see who can combine the numbers by addition, subtraction, multiplication and division to get the final number. It's a great way to improve your basic math skills. We play a lot of Blokus, Scrabble, Apples to Apples, Uno, and Go Fish with the kids. When we can get a good group we love to play Settlers of Catan. DH and I just discovered Carcassone on our iPhones and are having a lot of fun with that. Bananagrams is a lot of fun. I often through that in my purse when we go out to eat.
Posted Image

#17 Deb C.

Deb C.

• Members
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

One of my favorite games when I was younger is Spoons. I still like to play it with the kids.

#18 sanot

sanot

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

So many favorites...we recently had a great game night with the kids playing the classic Memory...remember beating my mom at it as a kid, and now my kids can definitely hold their own and beat me! I loved Parcheesi as a kid. A new favorite is "Spot It", and "You've Been Sentenced." My 2 older kids are telling me Fairopoly, a State Fair version of Monopoly. Another great one is Labyrinth, which is good for spacial thinking and strategy.
Posted Image

#19 KFiasco

KFiasco

• Members
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

One of my favorite games when I was younger is Spoons. I still like to play it with the kids.

Haven't played spoons in forever. Will have to remember to play with the nieces and nephews.

Karen
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 galinjapan

galinjapan

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

We have been playing UNO since the Christmas holidays at my house. My son likes to remind me that he's the 'UNO King'
Posted Image

#21 Deb C.

Deb C.

• Members
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yes, I love UNO too. Another favorite is a card game called Strife and Malice. I've heard it is the same thing as Skip-O.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users