Project S G 2012!

April Showers

If you don't already know what Project SG 2012 is, we have the details here.

• Project SG 2012 is a year-long scrapping challenge. The goal is to stay current scrapping the year.
  • There is not a set form, you can take daily photos, scrap weekly layouts, monthly layouts or whatever works for you.
  • We won't be having monthly chats, but we will have several more this year to see how you're doing and to keep you motivated.
  • Our Project SG 2012 Kick-off Chat Tuesday, January 10th at 6 PM MT!

There are incentive prizes for doing layouts and coming to the chat!

• Attend the Project SG Chats and get 1 point per chat.
  • Post layouts in the Project SG Gallery. You can post as many pages as you'd like, but you can earn points for up to 4 pages per month. A double page layout earns 2 points. Only layouts posted in this gallery will be counted.
  • At the end of each quarter we will do a drawing for a prize from the points you earned. The quarterly prize is a Digital Layout Temlate of your choice from the ScrapGirls Boutique.
  • We are still working out the details of our Grand Prize for this year, but I didn't want to wait any longer to post this topic! (I'll add it here when it is finalized.)

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After creating weekly layouts for several weeks, it becomes a habit. I stopped doing them in the autumn, after two years of keeping up really well, and I missed it. Yeah, I didn't manage to fit them in for a while, but I didn't hesitate to start again in the new year.

Oh! I also want to share that I used a new technique on my Project 2012 title page. I'd heard of it before, more than once, and vaguely knew how, but had never tried it. I used the skew tool to make my title and name look more realistic on the folded card. :D I think I did, anyway. What do you think?

I'm going to try this. Maybe I will make myself get some easy LOs done. Is it permissable to use the Easy pages or whatever they are called until I learn more?

Jenrou

You sure can. I've used templates for most of mine because I like to include a lot of photos. I make sure my pages are all easy, or I'd never finish. :D

I SOOO need to join this but I know i have joined before and fell off the wagon!! I like the idea about scraping the everyday life stuff!!

I'm in!! Cross my fingers I keep committed.

I didn't keep up the last couple of years, though I did get into April in 2011. But.....I am almost finished with a year in revue layout for 2011, up to Novemeber. LOL. I'll think about it again. I have not gotten off to a good picture taking start yet, only 2 photos for 2012 in the last week and a half. I'm thinking more of a decorated journal for this year.

I may regret it but I am going to try this year! Brenda (Arizona Angel) gave me some good tips on how to keep up - starting with using templates and keeping pages simple. The simple part will be a challenge for me!

You described my main problem perfectly - if I could keep it simple - not try to make each page the "perfect" layout, I'd do fine and would keep up. I have a very hard time doing a layout simply...

I have been looking for this post since Jan 1 cos I thought I might give it a go... so yay, count me in! I only made it to week 19 last year cos no-one was watching to see if I finished... :unsure: maybe with some incentive like this I will get it all done!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I may have shot myself in the foot already with joining this project. :o Since I don't get out much, don't take a lot of photos unless I'm traveling.....mostly I need to do older photos, like Heritage. That probably won't fit into this project. I still will try to do some layouts, but won't expect to earn points for this.

Clear as mud? For instance I took a photo of the generic wreath on the door, 1 ornament, 1 package during the holidays! How lame is that.

Anyhow, thanks for organizing the project. I'll try!

Jenrou

Woohoo! I have been taking pictures daily (well, my son and I have... he is great at coming up with ideas of what to take pictures of and helps me remember to do it). I've almost got week one photos all edited...

My question is what is the best way to keep track of the photos? Right now I have them organized in folder by month and weeks by dates, but I confuse myself easily, LOL. I guess I need to keep a calendar handy. I'm open to seasoned 52'ers advice on how to keep things efficient and flowing... not to mention ORGANIZED. I'm looking forward to the chat tonight!

oh... chats aren't easy for me especially with kids on holidays! They usually fall mid morning when we are at school or appointments... Still I have done week 1, sorted out my template and ideas and hoping I made the right design choice lol! Week 1

. . . For instance I took a photo of the generic wreath on the door, 1 ornament, 1 package during the holidays! How lame is that.

Not at all! The ordinary things that make up our lives are so very interesting in later years!

My question is what is the best way to keep track of the photos?

Everyone has to find her own way, but what works for me is renaming my Project photos by adding Day 001, Day002, etc to the beginning of the photos after I edit them and then "Save As." So they stand out in their folders and are easy to select for uploading or opening in PSE for making my weekly page. This works for me even better now that I'm post-processing many of my photos before sharing them.

Oh dear... didn't even think about title page! I'm gonna have to check out yours!!

This is my first year making a title page at the beginning of the year. Last three years I've actually not even made title pages and I made my album covers at the end of the year. I'll probably do that again this year too.

See you all at the chat tonight!

bouncing-frog.gif

This is me jumping in!

I'm thinking one LO per month may be my max. I've started several times to do this. I'll need the incentive/support of this thread to keep me moving. Should be at the chat today!

Bummed I missed the chat. My kid was not cooperating at all last night... next time, I'll just have to lock myself in a quiet room for chat.

Reminiscing- that's pretty much how I've been organizing. I've been editing the photos after I take them them off my camera's memory card and saving them as the "day1", etc. I made the project it's own special folder on my desktop so i don't forget about it.

Sorry I missed the chat! The Staff-Parish Committee at church (they do the hiring and the firing) decided they wanted to meet with everyone to review the topics covered in our annual job reviews last October. *sigh* It was a great meeting, though, and afterward my DH, DD and I went out to dinner. :)

Happy New Year Everyone!

I may have shot myself in the foot already with joining this project. :o Since I don't get out much, don't take a lot of photos unless I'm traveling.....mostly I need to do older photos, like Heritage. That probably won't fit into this project. I still will try to do some layouts, but won't expect to earn points for this.

Clear as mud? For instance I took a photo of the generic wreath on the door, 1 ornament, 1 package during the holidays! How lame is that.

Anyhow, thanks for organizing the project. I'll try!

Jenrou

Why not use that as your first page or cover page. Wreath on the door, welcoming everyone inside your 2012 project.

Archived