Project S G 2012!

April Showers

I've started on my P365 P366, so I'm joining. I won't be able to attend the chats though, because i'm in the european time zone. ;)

Last december I did a December Daily and really enjoyed it. The book is already at the printers. Cover and title page will have to wait till the end of the year. I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy New Year Everyone!

I may have shot myself in the foot already with joining this project. :o Since I don't get out much, don't take a lot of photos unless I'm traveling.....mostly I need to do older photos, like Heritage. That probably won't fit into this project. I still will try to do some layouts, but won't expect to earn points for this.

Clear as mud? For instance I took a photo of the generic wreath on the door, 1 ornament, 1 package during the holidays! How lame is that.

Anyhow, thanks for organizing the project. I'll try!

Jenrou

Why not use that as your first page or cover page. Wreath on the door, welcoming everyone inside your 2012 project.

That's a great idea!

Jenrou, I get out much either. I take a lot of photos around the house and in our neighborhood. I send my kid around his world with the camera when he says he's bored. I had a few friends that were really into photography in college who taught me that anything we can see with our eyes can make an great photo. I have a few occasions in the past two weeks where I've had a hard time figuring out what to take a photo of cause I didn't do much or spent my day doing chores and stuff I consider boring. I decided to take photos of the stuff I used that day... seriously, my project may end up having a lot of pictures of dish soap and my computer... LOL.

I'm thinking that maybe I should journal daily so I remember what happened along with all these pictures.

Thanks for the encouragement. I've always taken a lot of photos. In fact, I was often teased by my children (who are grown now) that our family photos would be rocks, trees, etc. Since I've stopped painting, I've let my photography slide except when on trips or around my children and grandchildren. This may kick start me into taking more ordinary photos. I've bought a new camera and haven't taken even one photo with it!

I started cleaning out garden spaces whenever it is warm enough, so may be that would be a good place to start.

Dirt photos! :unsure:

This project should be interesting.

Jenrou

I have been wanting to do a Project 52... So I guess I am going to jump in here. I have taken a week 1 photo and a week 2 photo. I hope that I haven't overwhelmed myself with taking this on. =\

I am not sure as to what I want this project to end up like. I kind of want to have it printed. I do know that this is a project just for me and my personal satisfaction and hopefully improve my photo skills.

Are any of you using a template for day, week, or month formats?

Are any of you trying to keep a consistent look throughout your project?

I have been wanting to do a Project 52... So I guess I am going to jump in here. I have taken a week 1 photo and a week 2 photo. I hope that I haven't overwhelmed myself with taking this on. =\

I am not sure as to what I want this project to end up like. I kind of want to have it printed. I do know that this is a project just for me and my personal satisfaction and hopefully improve my photo skills.

I sounds as if you and are in the same boat. Making myself take photos, although I have photographed everything most of my life. I also plan to use this to learn more about using PSE and the SG products.

More than likely, I will try to use a template that can accommodate one or more photos, like one of the stacked type or collage type. I may use some Jif or easy type pages at first. I hope I can stick with this. good luck to all of you.

Jenrou

There are so many templates available but usually I prefer to fit my photos onto the page myself. And no, I don't care to keep a consistent look throughout my project, but I appreciate the look when I see others' books!

I sounds as if you and are in the same boat. Making myself take photos, although I have photographed everything most of my life. I also plan to use this to learn more about using PSE and the SG products.

More than likely, I will try to use a template that can accommodate one or more photos, like one of the stacked type or collage type. I may use some Jif or easy type pages at first. I hope I can stick with this. good luck to all of you.

Jenrou

I plan on learning more about PSE also during this project and maybe some of the "simple" SG products.

I like the idea of using a template with one or more photos, the stacked or collage type might work well for me.

Ditto with the "I hope I can stick with this."!!!

Good luck and wishing you all much fun in this endeavor!

There are so many templates available but usually I prefer to fit my photos onto the page myself. And no, I don't care to keep a consistent look throughout my project, but I appreciate the look when I see others' books!

I usually just scrap what I want and place on the page like you. I like the consistent look in other books also. So I might date my photos consistently the same and vary other items.

I have never used a title page on my very simple family book, looking back I really wish I would have thought about it. I also do my books in chronological order. I absolutely love the SSClub kit for December. I'm using it for the cover page of my 2012 Family book. I thought it would also but fun to make monthly pages title pages using the MRE_brushset_FloralMonths that are also in the kit for December. I've never coordinated the entire year this way. I hope I can stick with it. I could be really cute.

I'm not going to take pics each day/week. I'm just going to scrap what photos we take in our normal activities. I may not get as many points since I may not have as many layouts, but I just want to stay current. I'm trying to catch up 2011 and then work backwards while staying current. I just started scrapbooking just under a year ago, so I have a lot of ground to cover. If I stay current with this 2012 (no matter how few/many layouts that is) at least I won't be losing ground...haha.

Happy New Year Everyone!

I may have shot myself in the foot already with joining this project. :o Since I don't get out much, don't take a lot of photos unless I'm traveling.....mostly I need to do older photos, like Heritage. That probably won't fit into this project. I still will try to do some layouts, but won't expect to earn points for this.

Clear as mud? For instance I took a photo of the generic wreath on the door, 1 ornament, 1 package during the holidays! How lame is that.

Anyhow, thanks for organizing the project. I'll try!

Jenrou

I took a photo of a toilet sign and scrapped that when Nikki wanted to go to the bathroom half way through a meal at the Wimpey. Every photo has got a story to tell.

Good luck.

Well here is my first Project 52 page. Posting with trepidation and hope that I complete this project.

Date frames were created by me with the shape tool and SG papers clipped to them. I plan on using them through the entire project. Hope I still like them by the end.

Items used:

ABR_BOY_Paper_Collage-Blue2.jpg

ABR_BOY_Element_SmMat_NShad.png

JHI_SSPaper_ScrubbedRaw_Special.png

BMU_BeautifulBlack_Paper_Special.jpg

Fonts:

Sidewalk & Caslon

I took a photo of a toilet sign and scrapped that when Nikki wanted to go to the bathroom half way through a meal at the Wimpey. Every photo has got a story to tell.

Good luck.

Belle

You tickle me, Belle! :P

jenrou

I'm not doing so good with Project SG 2012. Haven't been outside to take any new photos. The only new photos are of my cats. It's supposed to snow this weekend, so maybe I'll get over to the Botanical Garden and get some photos taken there. I never took any snow photos at the garden before, as the back way into the garden was always too slippery to traverse (like that word?) with snow on the ground. Now that I'm back to driving, I might venture out on my own or with a friend (for moral support) and head over. If not, maybe I'll just take a walk around the neighborhood. We shall see. I do need to take some new photos of new things.

You aren't the only one, not getting out and taking photos. It's been so cold here, I stay covered up half the time. I took a few photos inside, but not very interesting ones. I need some kids to take photos of! I've reworked the poor LO with the inside photos to death. It's just not working. I won't give up. Sooner or later I'll get some photos taken.

Good luck,

jenrou

I too have been terrible keeping up. We are in week 2 or three... see I don't even know... and I havn't scrapped for this challange yet. I do have some idea's I just haven't done them!! I really need to get going onthis. Or I will be sooo behind. And I will only be behind myself!! :disappearing-smilie:

I'm not doing so good with Project SG 2012. Haven't been outside to take any new photos. The only new photos are of my cats. It's supposed to snow this weekend, so maybe I'll get over to the Botanical Garden and get some photos taken there. I never took any snow photos at the garden before, as the back way into the garden was always too slippery to traverse (like that word?) with snow on the ground. Now that I'm back to driving, I might venture out on my own or with a friend (for moral support) and head over. If not, maybe I'll just take a walk around the neighborhood. We shall see. I do need to take some new photos of new things.

You aren't the only one, not getting out and taking photos. It's been so cold here, I stay covered up half the time. I took a few photos inside, but not very interesting ones. I need some kids to take photos of! I've reworked the poor LO with the inside photos to death. It's just not working. I won't give up. Sooner or later I'll get some photos taken.Good luck,jenrou

Oh, I can so relate! I decided on a photo a week. Thinking that would be less pressure... now I am not so sure...

Looking forward to your postings.

January Layout-UGH! I really struggled with this one, and I'm still not very proud to put it out there on the board, but frankly I want the 1 point credit and some CC! If you want to offer up some advice, I'm willing to listen. It just doesn't flow, and with 3 different topics of photos, there really was no "link" between them. I'm at a loss...thanks for looking (though I'm embarrassed to have you look)

I have made a template using the products i feel will help me keep my pages up to date and with a format I like... I am hoping a consistent approach will get me through the year... this is my second attempt... I faded out at week 19 last year... :(

I have made a template using the products i feel will help me keep my pages up to date and with a format I like... I am hoping a consistent approach will get me through the year... this is my second attempt... I faded out at week 19 last year... :(

Ahhhhh Jode, but you had a very busy and eventful year and made so many gorgeous layouts anyway! :)

Archived