Lost And Need Direction

Smoky

Hello Scrap Girls!

I'm new here and trying to figure some things out. When I click on any of the links under "TIPS FOR USING SITE", I'm told "This board is currently offline" and get sent to the Scrap Girls Blog. I'd like to add a profile picture, maybe a signature, too. There are lots of other things I don't understand yet, but I guess I'll figure those out with time.

I enjoyed participating in the Cookie Exchange and am now trying to keep up with Jumpstart January! Is there a limit to how many layouts an individual can post in their gallery? I'm a little confused by all the categories. :)

I've had several kind comments from other members already, and I really appreciate that! I'm looking forward to being more active on the site.

Thanks for your help!

Welcome to ScrapGirls. We're glad you're here!

I think I know what the problem is with the links, but it will take some time to get them back right.

While the tutorials are easier to follow, basically you can get to your settings by clicking on the down arrow next to your user name on a purple button in the top right corner of the forum page. Choose "My Profile."

When you are on your profile page, there is a green "Edit My Profile" button in the top right corner. After you click on that, there is a row of settings on the left. Your Photo shows up at the top of the page and by your status updates. Your Avatar will show next to your posts. The instructions for adding a signature are a little more involved, hopefully we'll have the instructions back up by the time you need it.

April gave you some good advice for adding your profile and avatar photos. Here is a link to a post that may be helpful in creating and uploading a signature. The first part gives instructions to create one and the second part gives instructions on adding it to the message board. HTH

Signature Instructions

Just a short note to welcome you to Scrap Girls. You will love it here. We are a wonderful and wacky bunch of scrappers. Anytime you have a question, do not hesitate to post it. There is always someone who will have the answer.

Just a short note to welcome you to Scrap Girls. You will love it here. We are a wonderful and wacky bunch of scrappers. Anytime you have a question, do not hesitate to post it. There is always someone who will have the answer.

Hi there! Just wanted to add my "welcome to Scrap Girls"! Carol's right - wild and wacky but it's the friendliest little purple place around!

:cowwave: Hi Smoky! So happy you have joined us! Lots of fun stuff here as you've already learned from the cookie exchange! Can't wait to see your new siggie ... sounds like you've gotten the help you need to do it! Also happy you are asking questions! We love to answer questions and help people learn the ropes! :)

Wow! Thank you all for your welcoming comments!

April and teecee, thanks for the instructions. Between those and the links that Ro fixed (So fast! Thank you!), I understand it much better. I now have at least a temporary profile photo. I'm not usually that blue in person, though. ;)

Yes, scrappinchar, those were my Chocolate Crinkles. I'm burnt out on them and most other sweets now that the holidays are over. Too much sugar! I see you made the Buttery Spritz Cookies, which I'd like to try sometime. I've got a cookie press, but my husband's been using it to make jerky!!! I hope I won't end up with jerky-scented cookies. :P

Thanks again, everyone!

Wanted to add my Welcome to the Forum.

As to posting layouts, if you are participating in one of the messageboard challenges, the Welcoming Committee member who posts the challenge should include a link to the proper gallery. You may create your own gallery and albums as well. With the Tips back up, I hope you got your other questions sorted out.

If not, let us know.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

:)

wanted to extend my greeting as well...WELCOME Smoky! You'll find this a very supportive and cooky (since someone else already used wacky) group of people! Always willing to lend an answer or a link...they're very savvy with the internet links and technical stuff, and very creative and supportive in their comments and layouts! I joined a year ago and have really enjoyed it! Glad to hear you're not always so "blue..." hanging out here will surely turn that frown upside down...won't be able to help you with the facial blue, though. haha.

Archived