Lightroom4 Beta

SandiC.

Got the email that LR4 Beta was just released for the public. I love Adobe's public beta releases. There are a few significant changes it looks like, the biggest being the in the develop module. the brightness, recovery and fill sliders have been replaced. I think this is a good change, but unfortunately it means old presets may no longer work. Hello designers, we may need a reworking of the presets. Not a big problem for me as I don't often batch develop or use presets. Another nice new feature is a photo book layout template and soft preview with your own printer settings so you can get a better idea of what your printed product will look like. Excited to have a new toy to play with. Thank you Adobe.

Is LR4 a stand alone product? I currently use PSE. Hoping to upgrade to CS this year (waiting for a good price). Can I download the Beta LR4 and use it or do I need CS?

Brenda, its a stand alone and is great for enhancing photos before bringing them into PSE or PS.

Is LR4 a stand alone product? I currently use PSE. Hoping to upgrade to CS this year (waiting for a good price). Can I download the Beta LR4 and use it or do I need CS?

Brenda, its a stand alone and is great for enhancing photos before bringing them into PSE or PS.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a try!

Ok...so I have LR (not sure the version) and I really like it...but...I need to learn more about it. It frustrates me....I have a bazillion presets and I can never remember which one I used/liked...and I haven't really ventured into just editing on my own.

I think we need a LR class...learning the basics how to navigate the work flow and etc...(HINT HINT HINT)

Ok...so I have LR (not sure the version) and I really like it...but...I need to learn more about it. It frustrates me....I have a bazillion presets and I can never remember which one I used/liked...and I haven't really ventured into just editing on my own.

I think we need a LR class...learning the basics how to navigate the work flow and etc...(HINT HINT HINT)

Yes, yes, yes. I've watched a lot of videos but I really learned more at PhotoShop World. And there are sites out there that do have training videos. And then there are books. Its actually pretty easy for just playing around with photos, but to get to the more advance stuff takes some studying, just like everything else. In the LR4 beta there are a bunch of presets that are incredible! And you can make your own too.

Archived