April Showers

Recipe Swap - January 2012

90 posts in this topic

It is time for our monthly Recipe Swap Challenge! January is a great time for comfort food, so this month we'll be scrapping and swapping our Slow Cooker Recipes. One can never have too many of these easy recipes. I like to use my slow-cooker when there are chats close to the dinner hour. Post your finished Recipes in the Recipe Swap Gallery.

There won't be a chat for this swap anymore, so you can post your questions and ideas right here in the thread. I'm looking forward to collection more fabulous slow cooker recipes!

• To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality) Recipe Card to sgaprilshowers@gmail.com by midnight January 22nd .
  • It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (AprilShowers_PulledPork) as the file name on your recipe.
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe.
  • Monday, January 23rd, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

I have got a slow cooker but never use it. I suppose I would have to find a recipe to get recipes. I will have to see what I can come up with.

I have a slow cooker, a small one, but I don't use it very often. I'll have to look around and see if I can find a recipe. I'm sure I can. So count me in on the swap.

I enjoy the swaps & I think I have a few recipes around here somewhere - I will see what I can get done!

I use my crockpot a lot! Twice this week, for a stew and split pea soup. I'm going to share the pea soup recipe.

I love using my crock pot! My husband always requests his "green soup" which he LOVES! I'll dig it up and post it...

I use my crockpot a lot in the winter especially when at work so we have a look through my recipes :)

It is time for our monthly Recipe Swap Challenge! January is a great time for comfort food, so this month we'll be scrapping and swapping our Slow Cooker Recipes. One can never have too many of these easy recipes. I like to use my slow-cooker when there are chats close to the dinner hour. Post your finished Recipes in the Recipe Swap Gallery.

There won't be a chat for this swap anymore, so you can post your questions and ideas right here in the thread. I'm looking forward to collection more fabulous slow cooker recipes!

• To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality) Recipe Card to sgaprilshowers@gmail.com by midnight January 22nd .
  • It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (AprilShowers_PulledPork) as the file name on your recipe.
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe.
  • Monday, January 23rd, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

The one I did last year wasn't really a slow cooker recipe... I just modified it to make it one. :)

This is going to be great! I have an idea to share, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else has to share! Yippee!

I love using my slow cookers. I usually do at least 2 or 3 meals in the slow cooker on my days off and them freeze in individual size servings for quick reheats during the work week when I'm too tired to cook. I've been eating much healthier since starting to do this and its YUMMY! I'll start making up cards for some of my favorite dishes. I may submit several this month.

I love my crock pot. It makes my whole house smell so wonderful all day.

I have a great Cajun stew that is my family's ultimate comfort food.

I love my crock pot. It makes my whole house smell so wonderful all day.

I have a great Cajun stew that is my family's ultimate comfort food.

Can't wait for it. Sounds yummy. :)

AHA!! I finally found the thread for the recipe swap! I love my slow cooker and it's running about 4 or 5 days a week during the winter. Going to get some cards done right away!

Haven't done one of these exchanges in a while! You'll love this recipe--use low fat ingredients if you want.

Cream Cheese Chicken

This sounds so yummy!

It's a Top 5 fave in this household...and gets points from me for being EASY.

Haven't done one of these exchanges in a while! You'll love this recipe--use low fat ingredients if you want.

Cream Cheese Chicken

This sounds so yummy!

It's a Top 5 fave in this household...and gets points from me for being EASY.

This may go in the crock pot today!! I have two meetings tonight (will miss one as they are at the same time in two different towns...) and I think I will be out with DH rounding job supplies...

I've sent in 3 simple family favorites. Love my crockpot! I make different soups, large amounts, then can or freeze them. My husband loves to open a jar of canned soup! It is hard for me to put my crockpot cooking into recipe form, since I just put things together, whatever I think at the time. I'm looking forward to trying some of your recipes. However, now I've gotten a new electric pressure cooker, so I can cook the same thing so much faster as needed.

Now I have to figure how to post my recipes!

Jenrou

Are we supposed to go ahead and post our recipes, or wait for April to send us the files? I still haven't posted my Cookie Swap recipes, since I've never tried posting anything.

jenrou

oooh, would LOVE to hear other crock pot ideas...we're stuck in a rut, but would be happy to share my "rut" recipes! Better get started on this...Jan 22nd isn't too far away!

AAARGH....I really want these recipes...must do a card. I have lots of good ones to share, just need to find some time to put the card together.