Recipe Swap - January 2012

April Showers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't done one of these exchanges in a while! You'll love this recipe--use low fat ingredients if you want.

Cream Cheese Chicken

This sounds so yummy!

It's a Top 5 fave in this household...and gets points from me for being EASY.

This may go in the crock pot today!! I have two meetings tonight (will miss one as they are at the same time in two different towns...) and I think I will be out with DH rounding job supplies...

I made this yesterday and it was hit!! :) Thanks Kim!

I've sent in 3 simple family favorites. Love my crockpot! I make different soups, large amounts, then can or freeze them. My husband loves to open a jar of canned soup! It is hard for me to put my crockpot cooking into recipe form, since I just put things together, whatever I think at the time. I'm looking forward to trying some of your recipes. However, now I've gotten a new electric pressure cooker, so I can cook the same thing so much faster as needed.

Now I have to figure how to post my recipes!

Jenrou

A lot of my recipes aren't specific "written" recipes either! I'm interested in a pressure cooker because it is quicker. I will get one some day soon. Anxious to hear what you think about it. Any one else have one?

OK! My recipes loaded! :lol: I've been dreading this. Thanks, April and everyone. I'll tackle links another time.

I still got errors, but they loaded.

jenrou

I hope you don't mind....here are your links:

Flowerpot Banana Bread

Texax Crock Pot Egg Brunch Casserole

Texax Crock Pot BBQ

These look great and tasty too!

Chicken Kona

Can't wait to get these babies! My crockpot is at the ready & I need some "fast" & easy crock recipes becaue sport practices are kicking my rear! I rarely get home before 7 at least 4 nights a week & with 2 of my kids going to bed at 8:30 there just isn't a lot of time for cooking! We are trying to make this happen but I am still determined to lose weight & we are on a BUDGET deluxe = fast food is out of the question. I am on a mission to salvage our menu! :dancingchicken2:

Thanks for the links to my recipes. About pressure cookers, I received (bought myself) from my husband an electric pressure cooker for Christmas and i really like it so far. It's a Cuisinart (sp?) for around 100. at Costco online. So far I've cooked dried beans and peas in 30 min. or less, soups in less time, and the Texas Crockpot BBQ quick but can't remember the minutes. the thing I like is it's off the stove and the minutes are set so I don't have to remember it. If I walk away from cooking, I forget it until I smell it. I still use the two crockpots I have, and let them cook at night. (we are starving at night smelling it!)I can or freeze packages for meals as my husband and my eating schedules are often different.

I'd always used the stove top pressure cookers, but you had to stand over them all the time. The electric ones are great!! Get one with low and high pressure, timers, etc.

Chef Brad on Byo TV gives a lot of information on pressure cooking on his show.

Sorry for the long post!

Jenrou

Thanks for the links to my recipes. About pressure cookers, I received (bought myself) from my husband an electric pressure cooker for Christmas and i really like it so far. It's a Cuisinart (sp?) for around 100. at Costco online. So far I've cooked dried beans and peas in 30 min. or less, soups in less time, and the Texas Crockpot BBQ quick but can't remember the minutes. the thing I like is it's off the stove and the minutes are set so I don't have to remember it. If I walk away from cooking, I forget it until I smell it. I still use the two crockpots I have, and let them cook at night. (we are starving at night smelling it!)I can or freeze packages for meals as my husband and my eating schedules are often different.

I'd always used the stove top pressure cookers, but you had to stand over them all the time. The electric ones are great!! Get one with low and high pressure, timers, etc.

Chef Brad on Byo TV gives a lot of information on pressure cooking on his show.

Sorry for the long post!

Jenrou

Ahh, dried beans and pressure cookers... As a new bride I noticed my MIL cooked hers this way. I think DH even suggested I try it. Followed the instructions to a T. Then I started hearing strange noises...then the jiggler popped off! Beans were spraying up into my fume hood! My young brain thought about the nightmare that would be to clean so I moved the pan out from under it (this was a stovetop pressure cooker.) Well, if you think cleaning beans out of a fume hood is nasty, imagine cleaning them off a ceiling! I called DH at work and told him we were eating supper out. Of course, he was laughing as I told the story and his fellow cubicle rats were curious...so he told them all too. Needless to say, I cook my beans the slow and steady method now.

Ahh, dried beans and pressure cookers... As a new bride I noticed my MIL cooked hers this way. I think DH even suggested I try it. Followed the instructions to a T. Then I started hearing strange noises...then the jiggler popped off! Beans were spraying up into my fume hood! My young brain thought about the nightmare that would be to clean so I moved the pan out from under it (this was a stovetop pressure cooker.) Well, if you think cleaning beans out of a fume hood is nasty, imagine cleaning them off a ceiling! I called DH at work and told him we were eating supper out. Of course, he was laughing as I told the story and his fellow cubicle rats were curious...so he told them all too. Needless to say, I cook my beans the slow and steady method now.

It's always on my mind! My book says put a little oil in the pot, and don't fill too full. Not reassuring. :lol:

By the way, sorry I didn't post my recipes in the correct size, in the gallery. If there's a problem, let me know.

So, it isn't that I don't clean the pantry, but I'm mighty surprised to find things in there that made the move with us almost 11years ago! Honestly, besides the fact that it is past its expiration date, if I haven't used it in that long, I never will!

My only excuse it that I've delegated the task to a child for the last few years.

So, it isn't that I don't clean the pantry, but I'm mighty surprised to find things in there that made the move with us almost 11years ago! Honestly, besides the fact that it is past its expiration date, if I haven't used it in that long, I never will!

My only excuse it that I've delegated the task to a child for the last few years.

I think we're related. Seriously. When we remodeled the kitchen 5 years ago it was sooo very nifty to get a tall cabinet with those deep. pull-out shelves.

Wrong. I lose canned goods way in the back and have to throw out so many things. I'm going to start using most of it for small appliances. Like my new crock pot. *g* (My old one is still in a box somewhere from the remodeling. *blush* It was a wedding gift 36 years ago and I think I was totally justified spending $20 today on a new one. *g*)

I know where my old crock-pot is and still bought a new one a few years ago (when we remodeled the kitchen.) I use my pull outs for small appliances too.

I really do rotate stock and throw things away. I'm not quite sure how some of those things stayed in there so long.

And I'm still not done. :) I might be if I'd stayed off the computer though. :D Every time I'm not quite sure how I want to change it, I take a little computer break. ;)

Haven't done one of these exchanges in a while! You'll love this recipe--use low fat ingredients if you want.

Cream Cheese Chicken

This recipe is awesome, even my daughter is making it now. Thanks for a new family favorite.

I made it in a casserole dish and added vegetables. Served it with 2 minute noodles. I love recipes that are one dish recipes and quick.

Archived