Recipe Swap - January 2012

April Showers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to get cookin'! Thanks to everyone for sharing their treasures.

Caribou Stew

Yea! I'm always looking for venison recipes!! Jaymee, I bet you could make this in a really big dutch oven too! LOL!

Angela, we eat venison all winter. If a recipe calls for beef, I substitute venison. I have very few "venison" recipes. That said, I can't wiat to try Jaymee's stew!

All of the recipes look SO good! It's cold and raining here so I may "crockpot" something from one of your recipes. Hard to decide. I'll have to cut down on any salt since I'm guessing I've had too much this last week. My blood pressure has been pretty high all this past week. I stay on my diet pretty well, but really have a weakness for salty items. I usually have to lower the calories and make minor changes to any recipe.

I have noticed that the "diabetic" recipes would be good for anyone on any kind of diet. They are regular recipes, except using lower fat, carbs items, and lower sugar items. Portions are smaller. That's what is hard!! The 1/2 cup portions of many good things.

I love the recipe swaps!

Jean

Caribou Stew

Yea! I'm always looking for venison recipes!! Jaymee, I bet you could make this in a really big dutch oven too! LOL!

Angela, we eat venison all winter. If a recipe calls for beef, I substitute venison. I have very few "venison" recipes. That said, I can't wiat to try Jaymee's stew!

I hear ya...I've got venison frozen, I've got venison canned, I've got venison jerked...LOL! I'll try any new way to cook it, that's for sure!

PS: I made a little mini album from last month's cookie recipes. I asked Ro if I could put a link to my

video about it and she said ok. So I just thought I'd share with you what I did with them.

I'm going to make another album with binder rings so that I can keep adding each month's theme too! ^_^

PS: I made a little mini album from last month's cookie recipes. I asked Ro if I could put a link to my

video about it and she said ok. So I just thought I'd share with you what I did with them.

I'm going to make another album with binder rings so that I can keep adding each month's theme too! ^_^

Love your album and I am really wanting some cute little charms like that!

Love your album and I am really wanting some cute little charms like that!

Wow great YouTube video Angela AND yeah like April I love those charms --- great hybrid album!

This month's cards are great - thank you ladies for sharing all the great recipes!

I just sent out your links. Let me know if you don't get them or if I missed something. :)

Thanks for all the great recipes. I can't wait to try them.

I never got the link. did you not get my recipe if you didn't than that's ok that I didn't get the link but if you did I would like the link!

Thanks for looking into April!!

I just sent out your links. Let me know if you don't get them or if I missed something. :)

I never got the link. did you not get my recipe if you didn't than that's ok that I didn't get the link but if you did I would like the link!

I don't see your recipe in what I received. I do check the gallery to make sure the recipes that were posted made it into my inbox - and I try to send a PM when I find ones that I didn't get. I found 3 in my spam folder this month (before I sent it out, but not before I'd sent a PM about not getting one of them) and yours wasn't there either.

Special thanks to April Showers for organizing this and helping me to get my downloads. I think gremlins were in my pc or my cable network. Sometimes you just feel like throwing the pc out the window. I've been cleaning files out today. I need a larger hard drive, although I use EHDs too.

The recipe cards look great, everyone. Some good looking recipes there too. These are definitely going to be printed and put into an album. Love my slow cooker.

Thanks, I enjoyed it.

Jean

Caribou Stew

I hear ya...I've got venison frozen, I've got venison canned, I've got venison jerked...LOL! I'll try any new way to cook it, that's for sure!

Back in the day..we used those cooking bags for venison. My son cooks a lot of venison. I'll have to get some cooking ideas from him for you.

Jean

I don't see your recipe in what I received. I do check the gallery to make sure the recipes that were posted made it into my inbox - and I try to send a PM when I find ones that I didn't get. I found 3 in my spam folder this month (before I sent it out, but not before I'd sent a PM about not getting one of them) and yours wasn't there either.

if you diddn't recieve it don't worry . I didn't post it in the gallery. I have no idea why. maybe I never did send it! who knows. no worries than.

Special thanks to April Showers for organizing this and helping me to get my downloads. I think gremlins were in my pc or my cable network. Sometimes you just feel like throwing the pc out the window. I've been cleaning files out today. I need a larger hard drive, although I use EHDs too.

The recipe cards look great, everyone. Some good looking recipes there too. These are definitely going to be printed and put into an album. Love my slow cooker.

Thanks, I enjoyed it.

Jean

I'm guessing that you were successful downloading them from my smug mug account. I'm still not sure why the regular download wasn't working for you. Wouldn't want you to miss getting them!

I downloaded 39 cards from smugmug. Is that correct? Thanks!!!!

I did find that when I tried to download a photo tonight from my gmail acct, as usual, it did the same thing. I finally got it by "save target" which I usually don't have to do. Then it saved it as a png. Strange. I tried gmail and yahoo accts last night, and again from sendit with no luck. I don't know what has changed.

I have downloaded dropbox but not installed it, just in case.

It's gremlins, I tell 'ya!

Another thing-strange- I had set up a gallery for my few items and they showed up a few days ago. Today they are gone. ??

I had no trouble downloading my sales items from SG today.haha

Thanks, Jean

Archived