Mac Pro Please Help

Cropalot

When I try to open a new work page using either ctrl N or File New the window opens but will not allow me to put in a custom size. I am making pages to fit a published book I'm checking CUSTOM and setting the size to 3324x2575 pixels. I've done it at least 100 times before and then it just decided to not let me again. After I put in 3324 pixels, I try to put in the second number and it won't let me. If I get it in, it will change it to a random number. Has anyone had this problem? I have tried to find the answer everywhere I knew and have come up with nothing.

Sorry, but I don't have an answer for you. I opened my PSE and then a new blank document and could make changes to both dimensions. I went through the preferences to see if there was something there, but didn't find anything. I find sometimes that just closing the program and starting over can help.

Try clicking the little arrow at the top of the tool bar - above the tools. I have PSE 6 so not sure it's the same, but when something like that happens to me, I click on the arrow and "reset tool". In my PE it is at the top all the way to the left - you can "reset all tools". I understand you're not talking about a tool, but is it possible you changed some setting?

Usually when this kind of FRUSTRATING thing happens and I don't know why, it's because I've inadvertantly changed some setting. I usually can't find out what or why, so if I reset that tool it often works again.

I hope that helps? And, good luck.

When I an trying to find an answer, I usually with success use Yahoo search and just type in the pertinent words and get an answer.

Could it be time to re-install and see if it resolves with that? I'll be installing PSE10 for the first time tomorrow (I hope). Gotta remember to save my Styles/Actions etc before installing. Hope you can get it sorted out Lou Ann!

I got it worked out last night, but I'm not sure how. I played around with all the choices: Default, clipboard, etc as I have before, but this time I hit scrapbook first, then custom and it worked. When I opened it this morning, it was still set at the right size. Don't know if it will last, but good for now. Thank you all for your concern. I do appreciate it.

It just happened again! But I think I found the solution. A little yellow strip opened for a second or two that said...the set the height and width separately, press the shift key, then it disappeared. I had never had to do that before, so I don't get it. Anyway, it worked.

Archived