Wedding Announcements

Garden_Girl

Over the years I have collected dozens of wedding announcements of our family and friends. I have been storing them in a 3 ring binder with sheet protectors, but honestly it's getting too full and it looks awful, plus I never look at them because they aren't even organized. As sort of the unofficial family historian I would like to do something with them other than just store them.

I was thinking about scanning them in and making a 4x6 or 5x7 book of each family, ie... my family, DH's family, and friends.

Any other ideas???

I also have a HUGE stash of cards. I have some from when I was just a little girl, some even from grandparents who are now gone. Like the wedding announcements these cards are all in a folder just taking up space. For some reason I just can't throw them away, but in my attempt to declutter I feel the need to do something with them.

Any suggestions there as well?

Oh, I have lots of those items saved, too but they aren't as organized as yours are. Definitely I would scan each one - inside and out. Then put them on a DVD so you have them for use in any way you wanted.

You then could probably recycle the paper copies (I don't say that lightly - I have a horrible time throwing things out) since anything you'd do with the copies would most likely be digital and on your computer.

Oh AnaLee, I feel your pain! I am exactly the same - I watch Hoarders looking for signs ha ha... I keep all kinds of things then on a whim decide if I haven't looked at it or FOR it then I probably never will - but there is always that 'What if?'... I think you have had a wonderful idea... lovely gift idea too :-)

I save birth announcements and wedding announcements. Sometimes Usually, I don't remember a nephew or niece's birthday with out it. ;) I just have them in a little file folder. Cool idea to put them in an album.

The cards and stuff I got as a baby/toddler/kid are in my scrapbook.

Going through the things I got from my mother, I learned I come from a long line (like 5 generation long) of scrapbookers. ;) And if they scrapbooked before that, they didn't make it to me.

I still have a lock of my Mom's baby hair tied in a little pink ribbon and cannot figure out just what to do with it - any ideas? I don't want to discard it - gosh it's over 95 years old now!

I have dresser drawers & shoeboxes full of birthday/graduation/christmas cards that I've received over the year, plus party/wedding invitations for my family/friends. I just move them from apartment to apartment, and I could really use the decluttering (and the extra drawer space).

I still have a lock of my Mom's baby hair tied in a little pink ribbon and cannot figure out just what to do with it - any ideas? I don't want to discard it - gosh it's over 95 years old now!

Do you have a photo of your mom as a baby (or young girl), and maybe you could frame the picture with the hair and ribbon in a frame or a small shadowbox?

Do you have a photo of your mom as a baby (or young girl), and maybe you could frame the picture with the hair and ribbon in a frame or a small shadowbox?

Oh, yes, Tiza! What a great idea! As a matter of fact, a nephew of mine just yesterday came to see me and brought mr four pics of my Mom at the age of 3 and that would be oh, so perfect!

You are a genius to think of that and what a timely thought! I've been wanting to do something with it for years but didn't have the pics to go with it! THANKS! WOW!]]

:) :) :)

I have a lock of hair from my grandfather. I should do this, too! It's definitely a different color now than it was back then, lol (he's 92 now)!

My Mom saved it for so many years - she would be thrilled if I could make a shadow box for her lock of hair - thank you Tiza! And good luck with yours too Carla!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived