Xml And Metadata Files

BethLang

Thanks Sherry Lynn.

That helps, but since I don't do it enough, I feel muddled, still. It'll just take practice, I am sure.

Thanks for the link!

Oh I know what you mean, when I first started doing it I wrote it down and had to refer to it every time. You are very welcome!

Thank you for your help!

I still do not know what xml files are or what meta data files are, and why I need them? Sorry, I am just not understanding. I know what to do and how to do it, but I don't know why I am doing it. ???? My actions are showing up in the palette, but not their pictures. Which I can live with. Is this what xml files do? Make the picture of the action show up in the effects palette?

Actually I agree with Belle - Graffi's Addomatic is worth every penny!

But I think the xml file's importance is that it gives the description of the style (or action I suppose) and puts the style in a place on your list. If I want a style to go into a category, ie Metals, I have to open the xml file (provided by Addomatic in my case) and change the category there. Actions also usually come with a descriptive image in a jpeg file, which you just copy into the action folder (replacing any generic image that may already be there - and will be there if you used Addomatic.)

I hope that helps - and if it is wrong that one of our more techy types will correct me!

Just got add o matic and whew! What a time saver and a brain saver! I still had to identify png images when using add o matic, so it would enter the png as the action thumbnail. That being said, not all of the png files worked! Still trying to load the png files for my action files. It will just take some getting used to, I think! Thanks so much Scrap Girls!! You have certainly helped me!

Thanks! I just searched for this and it really is inexpensive, $19.99. I normally do this myself but it looks as if it takes the headache out of the entire process, including re-building the database. This is going on my scrapping wish list! :)

Archived