15 replies to this topic

#1 Sherry Lynn

Sherry Lynn

Proud to be a Maine-iac!

• Creative Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

So I'm working on a hybrid project - I put some elements that I was going to print out on an 8.5 x 11 document. I put the element on and duplicated it to get my 20 items. I printed them out and cut them as I was getting ready to bling them up today I realized one of the elements had flipped itself horizontally - which most of the times wouldn't be a problem BUT these have words on them, so this one isn't usable. Why did this happen?
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,102 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

I don't know why it happens, but I have had it happen when resizing a bunch of layers at a time in Photoshop. I first noticed it when I was working on getting my 2009 album printed. One layer would just rotate 90 degrees. It was pretty annoying. At least I noticed it before I printed my book. I was using CS4. Perhaps it is a little software bug.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#3 CRS

CRS

Scrappin' with CS5

• Welcoming Committee
  • 29,899 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:59 PM

That's crazy! I've never had it happen, but I'll definitely watch for it now!

#4 Sherry Lynn

Sherry Lynn

Proud to be a Maine-iac!

• Creative Team
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

April I was using my PSE 6 and I just noticed another thing - it resized one of them AND no it wasn't the same one that it flipped horizontal, sooooooooooooooooooo strange!
Posted Image

#5 teecee

teecee

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • 19,762 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

Gremlins maybe? :disappearing-smilie:

#6 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,102 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

I haven't had it resize.... how frustrating.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#7 Jo Corne

Jo Corne

Racked, Stacked and Mac'd!!

• Design Team
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Sherry, I have had this happen and it annoys me a LOT, LOL

what you need to do is just rasterize the element you are using and then it should be fine to repeat time and again.
why, I don't know I just know that that works for me and I never have that issue again

give it a go and see if it works...if not... maybe someone else will have a good idea for you but it's sure worth trying.

so good to have you back with us

Button_Designer.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

JCO_PappasPizza_CollectionMini_MKTG_150. SGClub_Jul14_MKTG_150.jpg  JCO_Monsterrific_ValuePack_MKTG_150.jpg  JCO_BeachBlessingsCollectionMini_MKTG_15  JCO_SSAlbumMini_12x12_ValentinesWish2_MK   
My gallery
My Store

#8 Belle

Belle

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 21,645 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

My PSE sometimes gets wonky. When I click on something, it just shoots right off the page. I suppose something like that happened to yours?? Gremlins?? Not much help here. Sorry.

gallery_19386_314_49430.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifBLINKIES_wise1.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#9 Sherry Lynn

Sherry Lynn

Proud to be a Maine-iac!

• Creative Team
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

Sherry, I have had this happen and it annoys me a LOT, LOL

what you need to do is just rasterize the element you are using and then it should be fine to repeat time and again.
why, I don't know I just know that that works for me and I never have that issue again

give it a go and see if it works...if not... maybe someone else will have a good idea for you but it's sure worth trying.

so good to have you back with us

Jo I do file>place so when it brings a paper or element in it's already rasterized BUT thanks for trying to help!

AND thank you it's nice to be back!
Posted Image

#10 Jo Corne

Jo Corne

Racked, Stacked and Mac'd!!

• Design Team
  • 6,976 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

ok, so let's try going the other way and turning it into a smart object, see if that helps.

we will get to the bottom of this...we just will, LOL

Button_Designer.pngSG_LongLive_72_zps19f45c47.gif SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

JCO_PappasPizza_CollectionMini_MKTG_150. SGClub_Jul14_MKTG_150.jpg  JCO_Monsterrific_ValuePack_MKTG_150.jpg  JCO_BeachBlessingsCollectionMini_MKTG_15  JCO_SSAlbumMini_12x12_ValentinesWish2_MK   
My gallery
My Store

#11 Sherry Lynn

Sherry Lynn

Proud to be a Maine-iac!

• Creative Team
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

Theresa AND Belle I'm starting to think Gremlins just may be the answer LOL --- strange.

I'm just glad that I had more than enough on the page for my project and didn't have to go back and print the whole page for just 2 small elements.
Posted Image

#12 Sherry Lynn

Sherry Lynn

Proud to be a Maine-iac!

• Creative Team
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:45 AM

ok, so let's try going the other way and turning it into a smart object, see if that helps.

we will get to the bottom of this...we just will, LOL

I won't be printing today but I will definitely give it a try the next time I do, thanks!
Posted Image

#13 princessrunningfingers

princessrunningfingers

I'll Have You In Stitches In No Time

• Members
  • 18,043 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am an avid stitcher, reader, and of course Scrap Girls Addict.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:08 AM

I think gremlins might just be the answer. I haven't had it happen to me, knock on wood. :hit-head-with-hammer:

gallery_15063_3635_1064.jpg

BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG_Olympian.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_Pblshd.gifWT-Button-copy.gif

#14 ladyanne101

ladyanne101

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

I think gremlins might just be the answer. I haven't had it happen to me, knock on wood. :hit-head-with-hammer:

I know this is a older post..but I have to ask..after you make your layer a raster..do you you then merge visible? that might help keep it down before you duplicate it. I am sort of new to ps so I haven't had it happen yet..but trust me..I am having a dozey of a time with my pscs3 at this time..it keeps freezing up on me when I save as..or other stuff is happening..and I am totally baffled. lol I have to go read some tutorial or watch some on you tube..lol.

Posted Image

Sometimes in life we fly solo, however it is our friends who give us wings!

#15 Sherry Lynn

Sherry Lynn

Proud to be a Maine-iac!

• Creative Team
  • 27,164 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

I know this is a older post..but I have to ask..after you make your layer a raster..do you you then merge visible? that might help keep it down before you duplicate it. I am sort of new to ps so I haven't had it happen yet..but trust me..I am having a dozey of a time with my pscs3 at this time..it keeps freezing up on me when I save as..or other stuff is happening..and I am totally baffled. lol I have to go read some tutorial or watch some on you tube..lol.

Anne I do file and place so I do not have to rasterize the layer and I do flatten all the layers before printing. As for your CS3 freezing maybe you need to reinstall it or check to make sure you have enough Ram to run it. Thanks for trying to help me out!
Posted Image

#16 ladyanne101

ladyanne101

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Sherry..yep I have re installed it once already :) ..and yes I have like 350 gigs of ram on my laptop. I just went into my preset manager and reset all my brushes and such..it is working better now. I think I was overload with brushes, styles and such..lol. I have a abr viewer but don't use it much so I am forever loading all my brushes and then not taking them out..lol.

I am realizing there are different ways to do things..which is good..lol, the scrapping world is a lot different from the signature tag making world ..lol which is where I learned to do stuff ..(don't kill me please : ) ) But with that said..I have a ton of questions for everyone here..now if I can just find time..lol

Oh and btw..thanks Sherry for trying to help me.. :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: hugs..(yeah I love smilies..he he he )

Posted Image

Sometimes in life we fly solo, however it is our friends who give us wings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users