February 2012 Forum Game

April Showers

5 posts per day = 110

12 posts per day =264

19 posts per day = 418

Great plan Belle! See how easy it would be - players who post 19 times per day will automatically win a $5 GC and be eligible to win a $20 GC. Cool huh?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi April,

If I understand correctly posting a layout in a gallery or making a comment on a "thread" counts but leaving love on a layout does not.

Thank!

They both count! The number under your avatar includes your message board and gallery posts. That is why it is different than the number on your profile. The number on your profile only includes message board posts. When you go to your gallery, there is another number- it is your gallery posts. The two numbers may not add up because a few of the galleries were unintentionally set up to not add to the total post count. I've fixed those. If you find galleries that don't add to your post total, please let me know! We want all the galleries to add to your post total.

Leaving love in the gallery has always counted! This isn't something new. While your post count doesn't show on the side of your gallery comments like it did before the last board upgrade, they do count.

Check your number, go leave some love and then check your number again. I just left a comment on Jenna's layout in the Project SG Gallery and it added to my post count. :)

Thanks for explaining all of this, April - I never really fully understood how it worked until now!

5 posts per day = 110

12 posts per day =264

19 posts per day = 418

Great plan Belle! See how easy it would be - players who post 19 times per day will automatically win a $5 GC and be eligible to win a $20 GC. Cool huh?

Absolutely cool! WTG Belle!

I'm not sure why everyone thinks leaving love in the Gallery doesn't add to your post count, but here are a few examples......

Ngaire - one the the best leaving love girls ever. She has 6105 forum posts.

When you look at the number under her avatar it is 18,851.

So that is 12,745 Gallery Posts that added to her post count!

They count, I promise!

I have 35403 posts, My forum post count is 25,892 and my gallery post count is 10,846.

I've been posting for over 5 years and if you do the math, you can see that a portion of my gallery posts didn't count. I've fixed most of those galleries now. There may be a few that I am unable to fix, but don't hesitate to leave love in the gallery because you think your posts won't count!

(Sara, yours won't add up that way because both post numbers were added together and added to your forum posts when you came back.)

Thank you, April! I learn something new here everyday! I appreciate you!

I think I know why you thought they didn't count.... you use that "Top Poster" thing to see your post count. That works with the forum counter. I've made a lot of gallery post today so I don't show up in the top posters even though I have 34 more posts than I did when I gave my post count earlier.

So, if someone is doing a lot of gallery posting, they could be getting ahead of you and it won't show. :ninja:

I'm falling behind on my grand intentions to comment "x" number of times a day...oh well...

At least you had a goal ! I just wanted to post more! and that hasn't happened!! LOL

I need to start posting much more! At least know that you are not alone!!

I don't I posted much at all.

Yay for posting contests!! I'll play along just for fun. My starting count is 11,699

This is my 70th post already, and we're only 6 days into February :) It's a shame I'm not eligible for the drawings!

But, it's fun to play for fun! I did it just for fun last time and had a ball!

April, I'm a little confused. My post count does not appear to include my gallery posts; it hasn't changed, and I have almost 1800 there. When you say "under the avatar," I thought you meant the image to the left of our forum posts, but I'm not sure. Can you help me understand this a little better? Thanks!

April, I'm a little confused. My post count does not appear to include my gallery posts; it hasn't changed, and I have almost 1800 there. When you say "under the avatar," I thought you meant the image to the left of our forum posts, but I'm not sure. Can you help me understand this a little better? Thanks!

Your post count under your avatar is 3697. Your forum post count is 2094 - so 1603 Gallery posts are included in your post count. So just under 200 of your comments were in galleries that were originally set up without the posts counting. percentage-wise, it is very similar to the amount I have that didn't count. I went through all except the really old event galleries and fixed them so their posts should be counting. There are a few that, by their nature, I don't have the ability to fix.

Let me know if there are specific galleries that you find aren't adding to your post count and I'll look into it.

i'm trying to be more chatty, but i think i'm better suited to a phone, lol

You and me both. I would rather take a phone a person any person with coffee!! LOL

Archived