Congratulations Kay (Kaymitch)!

CRS

Member of the Month: February 2012

Congratulations Kay (KayMitch)! The Scrap Girls Team has chosen Kay as the Member of the Month for February!

Kay is a huge asset to Scrap Girls. Since joining in April 2010, Kay is one of the first members to welcome new members to the forum. She replies to the status updates of other members and shares the tips and tricks she discovers with us all. Thank you so much for making Scrap Girls the fun and friendly purple place that it is!

Kay will receive a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique and has the honor of wearing the Member of the Month blinkie!

When you have a few minutes Kay, please tell us a little about yourself and share a link to your favorite layout! Thank you for making Scrap Girls a wonderful, friendly place! Congratulations!!

Oh my Gosh, oh my gosh. Thank you so very much. I was just having my breakfast and decided I had a few minutes before an appointment to quickly check Scrap Girls on my iPad ( Please note how I just tossed the "iPad" word into my sentence. It's new you know? ? ? ? ) It was a bit sneaky as we are off to the Accountant and I know I shouldn't get caught up here. I nearly burst when I somehow noticed my name. How could that be I thought. What an absolutely wonderful surprise. Ooh I'm so excited. No time to take in the moment right now but I'll be back later and see you all. Thank you for the lovely comments my friends. This really is an uplifting site. Until later. Hugs Kay

Thank you for all the lovely comments on the honour of my being awarded ScrapGirl of the month. I am really touched. I always love reading about past Scrap Girls of the month and although I haven't met any of you in person, it's amazing how I feel connected to you all somehow. SG is such a warm caring site that I'm sure if you didn't even scrap you would feel welcome here.

Now a little about me. I have been married for 43 years to the most amazing man. We have 3 married children and I am "Mardi" to 7 grandchildren. I love them all dearly. About 6 years ago we retired from our wine grape & dried fruit property and are having the time of our lives.

Family is all important to me so it follows that I love to photograph and document our lives, traditions etc, etc. I began paper scrapping about 12 years ago and the many albums I have, go to prove just how ingrossed I have become in it. It is a hobby I share with my daughter and we have many happy times together scrapping. 2 or 3 years ago I started to get interested in Digital Scrapbooking. I stumbled along not knowing even how to open a new document, that's when I came across Scrap Girls and Ro's Secrets. That was a real turning point for me. ( Thank you Ro ) For many months I lurked in the shadows devouring all the little bits of scrap information and glimpses into the lives of many of the members. I started to feel like I knew you all even though you didn't know me.

In April 2010 I plucked up the courage to join SG and finally to post on the MB.I honestly spent hours reading different topics and devouring all the information. As we would all agree, it is adictive. I love that it is such a welcoming, friendly site, and many times, in the middle of the night when I am unable to sleep, it's comforting to know that there are friendly souls the other side of the world who are in the midst of their busy day and are willing to chat.

Somehow I still feel unsure about posting my Layouts. It's something I will work on and hopefully improve upon. I love all the challenges as they are so stimulating even though I rarely submit them. We have an amazing team to care for us here. I thank them all for stretching me in so many ways. We truly are spoilt at Scrap Girls. I can't wait to get into the Life books. It is something that has really excited me. Hopefully when I arrive home from my holiday I can get stuck into this project. We are off in 24hrs or so on a 13 day cruise around both islands of New Zealand. It will be wonderful. I only hope I can get the internet on board or I will have withdrawal symptoms.

Sorry if I have gone on a bit long with this message but once again thank you everyone for the encouragement, help and friendship I've been given since I joined here. What a wonderful little purple place. I love it. Kindest regards Kay

Kay, it was wonderful reading a little bit about you - you write very well and I loved learning a little bit more about you!

Have a great cruise and enjoy that IPad! I love mine too!

Kay, Congratulations! I have never met you online, but just to be Member of the Month says volumes about you! I am glad to be in company such as yours!

My SO and I are wine making hobbyists and your mention of Wine Grape Property perked me right up! We gather all of our wine fruits and what not from the rich mountains here in South Eastern Kentucky and produce some pretty good home made wines that we share with friends! Our latest Concoction is "Autumn Olive".

Again, Congratulations on Member of the Month, I am positive it is well deserved!

Kay, Congratulations! I have never met you online, but just to be Member of the Month says volumes about you! I am glad to be in company such as yours!

My SO and I are wine making hobbyists and your mention of Wine Grape Property perked me right up! We gather all of our wine fruits and what not from the rich mountains here in South Eastern Kentucky and produce some pretty good home made wines that we share with friends! Our latest Concoction is "Autumn Olive".

Again, Congratulations on Member of the Month, I am positive it is well deserved!

Hi Jessica & thanks for the congrats.I was interested to hear you dabbled in the wine making. We have done quite a bit in our time. Mainly my BIL. We converted our pig sheds into a small wine shed hence our bottled wine was called "Pig Shed Red" Not a bad brew either. "Autumn Olive sounds lovely and inviting. Great to meet you. Kay

Thank you my friends. Still basking in the glow. Off on our trip in about 8 hrs so this may be it for a few days until I can sort some internet. Hope I can sleep when I eventually get to bed. It's 11.45pm here but still a few ends to tidy up. Until next time. Take care all. Kay xx

Archived