Flip Pal Question

Sherry Lynn

I have been reading through the flip pal threads here AND I'm wondering a couple things.

1. Are you happy that you made this purchase or is it something you have used a couple of times and it's now collecting dust?

2. Is it as easy to scan large things i.e. 16 x 20 framed photos as they show in the video and do you need a steady hand? I'm not sure the steady hand question even makes sense LOL!

3. Once you have something large scanned is the stitch application easy to do?

If you have any other helpful information for me please feel free to post. I would just like some input from others that have purchased it, used it and what their experiences with it are before I go out and buy one!

Ah, I see you remembered what your question. :D

Sorry, but I can't help because I don't have a flip pal. I'll be interested in what others have to say though.

I have been reading through the flip pal threads here AND I'm wondering a couple things.

1. Are you happy that you made this purchase or is it something you have used a couple of times and it's now collecting dust?

2. Is it as easy to scan large things i.e. 16 x 20 framed photos as they show in the video and do you need a steady hand? I'm not sure the steady hand question even makes sense LOL!

If you have any other helpful information for me please feel free to post. I would just like some input from others that have purchased it, used it and what their experiences with it are before I go out and buy one!

Yes, Yes and Yes to all of your questions, Sherry Lynn! I have really enjoyed using my flip-pal. I think there must have been about 10-15 of us who bought one so I'm sure you'll be hearing from several members. I'd buy it all over again!

HTH

I'm VERY glad I made the purchase! I've been able to archive a lot of things that I would not have had the opportunity to otherwise. As for collecting dust - it's true, I used it a lot more at the beginning, but I'm confident that other opportunities will arise.

It's very easy to scan large things! Yes, you need to be steady, but once you're pressing the scanner up to the object it tends to take care of itself.

The stitch application is like magic. Try it out on a couple of unimportant things first and you'll easily get the hang of it. My first mistake was not overlapping the scanned areas enough so there really wasn't anything there to "stitch".

All in all, it's incredibly user-friendly. Their tech support is wonderful, too. I had a problem with something and they helped me work on it for a couple of days until I figured out that it it was a user error on my part! But they were so friendly and supportive.

I'm VERY glad I made the purchase! I've been able to archive a lot of things that I would not have had the opportunity to otherwise. As for collecting dust - it's true, I used it a lot more at the beginning, but I'm confident that other opportunities will arise.

It's very easy to scan large things! Yes, you need to be steady, but once you're pressing the scanner up to the object it tends to take care of itself.

The stitch application is like magic. Try it out on a couple of unimportant things first and you'll easily get the hang of it. My first mistake was not overlapping the scanned areas enough so there really wasn't anything there to "stitch".

All in all, it's incredibly user-friendly. Their tech support is wonderful, too. I had a problem with something and they helped me work on it for a couple of days until I figured out that it it was a user error on my part! But they were so friendly and supportive.

DITTO that on their tech support help! They got to know Scrap Girls very well! I called so many times the tech guy and I were on a first name basis there for awhile, but I was trying to make things harder than they were - they are super helpful!

SHerry - have to run out but will answer more later. Short answer is YES! I love my Flip Pal and would buy one again. Used it a LOT initially because I had a project going, not as often since. But, when I need a quick scan (I don't have another scanner - this is it) I pull it out and it's easy! Quality was great too - I made a 16 x 20 poster at costco using old, scanned photos from Flip Pal and it turned out great!

Sorry.. this doesn't appear to be a short answer!

Ok, back. Sherry I usually scan smaller pics, but tried the stitch feature once just because my doubting mind couldn't believe it would work and/or look good. I scanned a painting I'd done - while it was on the wall and through the glass frame. I did it reaching up, so it was hard to have a steady hand (I'd advise taking things off the wall!) but when I clicked the stitch button - voila! There was the photo - it's true, stitched together seamlessly. Even doubtful and looking very carefully I could not find where it had been put together.

My photo was a little on the blurry side, but I think that was due to my reaching up so not having a steady hand at all.

I love my purple case and how portable and easy to take out the Flip Pal is.... and the fact that I can go to a relative's house and scan their photos without having to borrow them. I also like the ease of scanning onto the memory card. I'd buy it again in a minute!

I'm glad you asked this, Sherry - I've been thinking about it myself. I just don't scan awkward things because our flat bed is such a pain. I think it's about time to invest in one. :)

I think you should have one, Gayle - you will love it - and it's true - at first I used mine every single day - and not as much right now, but we are going to ST. LOUIS the first weekend in March and I'm going to scan some pics that are in frames in my daughter's home and we won't even have to dismantle them -

You won't be sorry!

Yes, Yes and Yes to all of your questions, Sherry Lynn! I have really enjoyed using my flip-pal. I think there must have been about 10-15 of us who bought one so I'm sure you'll be hearing from several members. I'd buy it all over again!

HTH

It does help Sara - knowing that someone has used it for a few months and would buy it again is what I was hoping to hear - thank you!

Thank you Becky for the detailed information!

SHerry - have to run out but will answer more later. Short answer is YES! I love my Flip Pal and would buy one again. Used it a LOT initially because I had a project going, not as often since. But, when I need a quick scan (I don't have another scanner - this is it) I pull it out and it's easy! Quality was great too - I made a 16 x 20 poster at costco using old, scanned photos from Flip Pal and it turned out great!

Sorry.. this doesn't appear to be a short answer!

Marilyn I appreciate you taking the time before you ran out to post a "short answer" - thank you for the info!

HTH

It does help Sara - knowing that someone has used it for a few months and would buy it again is what I was hoping to hear - thank you!

You are more than welcome! Let us know when you get yours!

Ok, back. Sherry I usually scan smaller pics, but tried the stitch feature once just because my doubting mind couldn't believe it would work and/or look good. I scanned a painting I'd done - while it was on the wall and through the glass frame. I did it reaching up, so it was hard to have a steady hand (I'd advise taking things off the wall!) but when I clicked the stitch button - voila! There was the photo - it's true, stitched together seamlessly. Even doubtful and looking very carefully I could not find where it had been put together.

My photo was a little on the blurry side, but I think that was due to my reaching up so not having a steady hand at all.

I love my purple case and how portable and easy to take out the Flip Pal is.... and the fact that I can go to a relative's house and scan their photos without having to borrow them. I also like the ease of scanning onto the memory card. I'd buy it again in a minute!

This is exactly some of the information I was looking for - the ability to scan something that is on the wall - my Mother has a framed photo (it's probably 16 x 20) of my Father's Great-Grandfather and I was wondering about scanning it while it is still hanging on the wall and I'm not sure we could get it down.

I'm glad you asked this, Sherry - I've been thinking about it myself. I just don't scan awkward things because our flat bed is such a pain. I think it's about time to invest in one. :)

I'm thinking you are right Gayle --- I might wait to see if they have another coupon campaign but I'm really liking all the positive feedback I'm hearing!

This is exactly some of the information I was looking for - the ability to scan something that is on the wall - my Mother has a framed photo (it's probably 16 x 20) of my Father's Great-Grandfather and I was wondering about scanning it while it is still hanging on the wall and I'm not sure we could get it down.

Sherry I will try again - I did it very quickly the first time and didn't pay a lot of attention to holding still, etc and it was a painting, not a photo. I'll try something very soon and post back again as soon as I can. Good to know for my own purposes, also! :)

Sherry I will try again - I did it very quickly the first time and didn't pay a lot of attention to holding still, etc and it was a painting, not a photo. I'll try something very soon and post back again as soon as I can. Good to know for my own purposes, also! :)

That's awesome thank you for all your input - I was up to my Mother's today and I also remembered she has a photo from the early 1900's of my Grandmothers' family.

That's awesome thank you for all your input - I was up to my Mother's today and I also remembered she has a photo from the early 1900's of my Grandmothers' family.

I haven't forgotten and will get it.. Too busy watching Super Bowl! :D

OK. What is a flip pal and where are the threads you're reading, Sherry? I take it, it is some kind of scanner but where do you buy it? Sounds interesting.

Deb I just did a forum search for flip pal BUT here is one of the threads that I found interesting - Loving The Flippal AND yes it is a scanner ---- hmmmm one of the threads had where you could buy it, let me see if I can find it - I'll BRB --- ok here is http://flip-pal.com/

I love my FlipPal. Like Sara, I used it more in the beginning but I think that's true of all new toys. My favorite part is the stitching. It's like magic. Works perfectly as long as you have enough overlap when you scan. I was not so successful with items under glass. I tried it on an old collage frame my mom had where the mat lifted it up off of the surface of the photo. Once I took the glass off it was perfect. I think it works best when you can place it directly on the surface. I tried it on fabric and it did a great job. I didn't have to purchase mine since I was a lucky winner of one here at Scrap Girls, but I would purchase it.

Archived