Tracking Boutique Purchases?

candyK

My organizing problem has reached out and bit me. I have ended up buying the same item more than once, not realizing I had it 'somewhere' in my stash. It is mostly happening with actions and styles or the lightroom presets. How do you keep track of what you already have? I've tried kaboodle, but its pretty time consuming for me to use.

Most of the kits are organized like Ro suggested and I'm not having as much trouble there. I have a "cs4effects' folder then inside that folders for actions, presets, tools, styles, photography folders, but things are getting lost.

Welcome suggestions!

Thanks,

candyK

If you haven't already, you can email Angie about those duplicate purchases. I used to do that more than I'd like to admit. :embarrassed003:

I came up with a way that works for me. I use a spreadsheet. If you'd like to try it, here's how:

1. Open an new spreadsheet in Excel

2. Go to the boutique and click on "My Account." Your boutique history will show there.... and don't add it all up like I did once. ;)

Skip the club codes, then start at the top of your last purchase and select everything all the way down to your very first purchase.

3.Copy

4.Paste it into your spreadsheet.

5.Poof, all your purchases with links and everything!

6. Delete the purchase order information above the products so there are only products (along with their date and SKU and stuff.) If you keep all the columns the same, it will be easier to paste in your next purchase.

When I make buy new things, I go to "My Account" and copy the order. I've found that it doesn't paste in right unless I copy the info above the products too. (I just delete it after it is pasted in)

I add the club products in individually. You would need to do that with any prizes too.

I add two more columns- one for the designer initials and one to mark when I've used it. (I'm a little OCD.)

I really like that I can sort by designer, date & product type (using the SKU).

It has been working for me for a while now. It took a while when I started it, but it isn't too bad to keep up. I usually open it and check it against what is in my cart before I check out.

If you haven't already, you can email Angie about those duplicate purchases. I used to do that more than I'd like to admit. :embarrassed003:

I came up with a way that works for me. I use a spreadsheet. If you'd like to try it, here's how:

2. Go to the boutique and click on "My Account." Your boutique history will show there.... and don't add it all up like I did once. ;)

Skip the club codes, then start at the top of your last purchase and select everything all the way down to your very first purchase.

3.Copy

6. Delete the purchase order information above the products so there are only products (along with their date and SKU and stuff.) If you keep all the columns the same, it will be easier to paste in your next purchase.

When I make buy new things, I go to "My Account" and copy the order. I've found that it doesn't paste in right unless I copy the info above the products too. (I just delete it after it is pasted in)

I add the club products in individually. You would need to do that with any prizes too.

I add two more columns- one for the designer initials and one to mark when I've used it. (I'm a little OCD.)

It has been working for me for a while now. It took a while when I started it, but it isn't too bad to keep up. I usually open it and check it against what is in my cart before I check out.

That's a great idea, April! Thanks for telling us about it - I can't tell you how often I've duplicated orders even after I've looked at my history! And I look at my history all the time! :disappearing-smilie: :disappearing-smilie:

3.Copy

That is waaaay easier than trying to type it all in like I have been trying to do.

I'm newish with excel but htis worked great! Lots of deleting! and I have no idea about the club goodies, but at least I have the other stuff. Main problem? was hitting the hypertext while trying to delete. I like that it copies a link right back to the product though. Thanks very much for suggesting this method!

candyK

I just copied the whole lot into an Excel sheet, and wow! What a great idea!!! I did find several duplicates, but at least two of them are from over a year ago and are retired products, so I'll just chalk it up to experience. :)

Great idea! I recently duplicated something but didn't write. Is it too late?

I just copied the whole lot into an Excel sheet, and wow! What a great idea!!! I did find several duplicates, but at least two of them are from over a year ago and are retired products, so I'll just chalk it up to experience. :)

Contact Angie. I'm sure she will do what she can for you. HTH ;)

That's nice to know that you can get credit for duplicates if you need to. What info do you need? Just the order number and order date? Do you need the passcode you have to have to download the goodies?

Well, since you guys have bought things twice - - at least you know you still like what you've bought! Right now, I don't have enough in my stash. I just have a written list and it has worked so far. But I'll let you know when I've joined your "duplicates club," which I'm sure will be sooner than later. :wobbly-eyes:

Candy, I don't think I know of ANYONE that hasn't ordered the same thing at least once.

Thanks for explaining your method, April. I'll have to give that a try. I usually check Picasa before I buy something, but as Candy mentioned, that's not going to show styles and actions!

That's nice to know that you can get credit for duplicates if you need to. What info do you need? Just the order number and order date? Do you need the passcode you have to have to download the goodies?

You need the order number(s), the date(s) purchased and item name and catalog code.

Angie rocks! I heard back from her and got a nice credit for my duplicates! A couple of items were freebies with a purchase, so that's why they were duplicates. I placed two orders very close together during a promotion.

You know, it's been years since I bought anything from another site, but I'd be willing to almost bet that SG is the only one around with customer service like Scrap Girls...............ANGIE ROCKS! :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

this is great info...I'll add the excel idea of my list of things to do.....why does that list always get longer but never shorter?!

I know! You'd think the more you do the less there would be on the 'ol to-do list...

Never happens, Cheri. Somehow it feels the more I learn the less I know - but the more I have to do! :D

I'm like Sara; it has been a long time since I bought anything anywhere else. I'm sure there are some great designers other places, but we have such wonderful ones here that I don't have everything that I'd like to have from them, so why go anywhere else. Let's hear it for the SG designers. :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate: :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

• 1 month later...

thanks for this, I thought I was going to have to type everything individually into a spreadsheet. Luckily I haven't duplicated anything yet but I had a fear of doing it.

What do you mean when you say you go back and add in the club products, in my list the monthly billing was added in, do you add a different link for each of the kits that are featured that month?

Kim, can't speak for the others, but yes, I add links to all the individual components in the Club for the month, not trusting my memory to remember them a year later. The bonus items are entered without links, since they're not available except in the club.

I have to say, this method is working beautifully for me! I still need to add in the club contents, but I love this. I've added my own notes in another column to help me remember why I like a particular item, or its 'use'. I don't tag my things or use Picasa, so this works very well for me. :)

• 5 months later...

Thank you for the idea. I have also made a duplicate purchase in the past, although I didn't even think about asking for a refund because it was my mistake. Previously if a potential purchase 'feels' familiar I will search my history for it, although this can take a while because many items feel familiar because I've drooled over them so many times.

I'm going to start a spreadsheet, because I like any excuse to start a new one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Ugh! I think you all have answered this question before for me, but I can't find the response.... How do I know, when I'm looking at a product highlighted in a newsletter, for instance, if it was a previous club offering so I can tell if I got it through the club already? There is usually a release date in the lower, left corner, but it doesn't notate if it was ever a club selection or not. I keep a spreadsheet, but the names don't always match-up when I search in Excel. Your advice (again!) is always appreciated!

Archived