Typing In A Shape

I want to type in a circular shape to fit inside my Lots of Shots layout template and am drawing a blank of how to shape my type within the circle.

I don't have any fancy tools or actions or type paths purchased from ScrapGirls to do this...am I able to do it on PSE 7?

You can do it if you make a new layer and carefully type within the shape...draw your text box and when you type, just go to the edge of the shape and hit return. It's tedious, but it can be done.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope this is ok..I am newbie here. I use psp 9 not adobe..I have adobe cs3 but not sure how to do it there. I know in psp you have draw out a eclipse shape..then go to your text tool and use FLOATING not vector and go to edge of eclipse shape you drew and you will see a little arrow..then you start typing and it will follow the eclipse shape. Not sure if this can be used in ps at all or another program..but just thought I would share just in case.

I just check in psc3 you can use a text tool and use arc method..it is on the top to the right on browse in ps when you have your text tool open..it will automatically type curved..but not sure about ps 7..thinking tools are almost the same..(used to have 7 but didn't use it much...ss)

• 2 months later...

Belle is correct that you can do that easily in PSE 10 but not in previous versions unless you have a template created in PSCS that can be used in PSE such as:ScrapSimple Type Shapes - Circles 8301 BiggieCOL_SS_TypeShapes_Circles_8301_MKTG_150.jpgOr, do as Ann suggested and do it by manually.

I have PSE 10 but still haven't figured it out!:unsure: I need SIMPLE!

You can't get much simpler than the ScrapSimple Type shapes. You just bring them into your layout like any other embellishment. They can be repositioned and resized. When you have the type shape in place, just type over the sample type.

• 1 month later...

Archived