Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
(lynn)

All Text Shows Up Underlined.

9 posts in this topic

I know one of you out there will be able to help me. I haven't made a LO in a while and I'm trying to do one for a genealogy class. I did NOT choose to underline my text but it all shows up underlined. I have checked everything. Any ideas? I use PSE9 on an iMac.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Lynn (mrh)

On my PSE 6 on Mac, when I have Text activated, across the top, sorta in the middle are 4 squares that can be clicked - there is a "T" in each one. One each for Bold, Italic, Underline and Strikethrough. Is it possible that the Underline one has inadvertently been clicked?

That's the only suggestion I could come up with. If it isn't that, I don't have a clue.

Oh! I thought of another tip. Whenever I have something like this happen and can't figure out what I've changed without meaning to -

again, with Text activated - at the very top left there is an arrow you can click - will give you options to "reset tool" - I click on that and hopefully everything goes back to normal.

I do that in PSE 6 on Mac. Hope that helps and good luck!

Our SG friends are so helpful! I just love this little purple place!

Thank you for trying to help me. I tried every one of your suggestions and nothing works. I also rebooted. I'm about to delete the program and reinstall it. What do you think?

Lynn

I use PSE9 on a Windows PC. When I enter text it all appears underlined (as I'm typing/editing) until I deactivate that layer. Click on another (non-text) layer and see if it goes away.

I hope something helps! It can be so frustrating. :(

I wouldn't delete just yet. I'm trying a google search right now to see if there are any answers there.

Oops - I just realized your'e on a mac. I'm on a PC so I can't test this. Are you highlighting your text while you are looking for the underline font box? Just a thought.