Recipe Swap - February 2012

April Showers

It is time for our February recipe swap! Our theme this month is "Healthy Eating." If you are looking for recipes that won't sabotage your diet or fitness goals, this is the swap for you. :scale: Look through your recipes and find a healthy one to share. It can be any type of food - a main dish, soup, salad, side dish, or even a lighter dessert. We prefer that you share one that you have made and love. We may have different ideas of what constitutes "healthy," but don't be put off by that- it is part of what makes the swaps fun! :situps:

• To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality - 1200 x 1800 pixel) Recipe Card to sgaprilshowers@gmail.com by midnight Monday, February 20th.
  • It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (AprilShowers_PulledPork) as the file name on your recipe. (I may change it to make it easier for me to track if you don't.)
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe.
  • Tuesday, February 21st, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Ask any questions you may have in this thread.

You can post your recipes in the Recipe Swap Gallery.

I love getting new recipes and getting pretty new recipes is even better. I can't wait to see what you have to share.

I've got a couple of great ideas for this. I actually went hunting up one of my "healthy" adaptations the other day, and thought, "I should really scrap this so I have a card that makes me feel really good about fixing healthy foods." It's like you read my mind, April!

Most of the dinners I cook are heathy my trouble is I like a dessert and the nibbles in between especially chocolate :( I must admit since I have been walking more this summer the nibbles for chocolate have decreased s it tooooooooooooo warm at the moment so lets hope I dont start when the cooler weather comes :)

Here are mine

Apricot oat and honey bars

Mediterranean seared salmon salad

I posted Low Cal Carrot Cake Muffins, originally by Redneck Epicurean, but changed to be lower fat/sugar by me. I didn't realize it was so light to read until I posted it. If there's a problem reading it, I'll change the font color.

I tend to cook pretty healthy already, just by not making a lot of multi-ingredient things, but here's a new one that's really good! I can see it being very easy to customize. For example, I'm the only one who likes onion in meatloaf, hubby likes tomato soup in his, daughter likes hers plain ... the basic recipe seems very easy to switch around! That way everyone gets something they like.

Mini Turkey Veggie Meatloaves

Ok, I've got my card done. I picked a clam chowder recipe that has lots of veggies and skim milk. If you want it to be even thicker (than what the cornstarch can do), you can remove some of the potato and run it through a blender and add it back in.

Fajitas

Thanks for the inspiration to finally write down one of my family's favorite healthy recipes. My son was especially happy, since he's starting to build his collection of "Mom's recipes." (Yes, a boy who loves to eat, loves to cook, AND loves his momma! If only he loved doing dishes...)

Archived