Pse10 - Useful For Digital Scrapbooking Or Just Photo Edits?

Pack23Momma

I had an earlier version of PSE, but could never figure out how to do more than edit photos on it. Can I use PSE to create scrapbook layouts with my downloaded tools, templates, images, and brushes from SG, or do I have to bite the bullet and go with the full-blown PS (which is not REALLY in my budget)? Thanks for the help! If it can be done, can anyone link to a layout they've made entirely on PSE?

Thanks again -

A Newbie to the forum

I use PSE 10, it's brilliant, I find it easier to use than other programs. All the scrap simple items work in PSE, as well as all the papers, etc. The only thing is you will probably need some tutorials to understand what to do, I found the same with other programs as well.

Here is a link to a layout done only in PSE10, http://scrapgirls.net/forum/uploads/1327923661/gallery_22902_68_1734823.jpg

The full photo shop is really for serious designers and professionals.

Hope this helps you.

Valerie

I do all of my layouts 100% with PSE9, and before that I used PSE5. And yes, I can use the collections, papers, styles, actions, brushes, and products from the Scrap Girls boutique.

Here are a couple examples from my personal gallery:

Snowflakes

Tracy

Take a Hike

Siblings

When you are in the PSE Editor, open a new document to the size you want to create, and make sure you are in the FULL EDIT Mode (not guided edit).

If you want to test it out, download a trial version of PSE10 and see what you can do. And then I recommend watching Ro's Tutorial videos, which will teach you everything you need to know about creating layouts in PSE:

Scrapbook Software Secrets Revealed: Photoshop Elements

Hello and welcome to Scrap Girls! Tiza has given you some great advice. I am also a PSE 9 user and learned how to use it from Ro's video tutorials. If you need more help, there are always lots of friendly, helpful people here, so never hesitate to ask questions. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around. :)

You can view things I've created with PSE here in my gallery

Oh, yes! I've been a PSE user since PSE2, and I'm on PSE9 now. I would bet that 2/3 of the layouts in the gallery were done with PSE. Certainly everything I have done is. You do need some tutorials to get going, though. It's not intuitively obvious the way some proprietary programs are. But with Ro's Secrets, you'll be up and running in no time.

And Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you found us! Looking forward to seeing you around!

Thanks so much ladies! I've used PSE7, as I mentioned, and have used PS7 a bit, but really didn't want to upgrade that program with my newest computer. Honestly, PS is more than I truly need. (Not to mention, the hubby wasn't thrilled about the cost....ha ha!) Looking forward to creating with y'all!

Toni

PSE does sooooo much that I think you could explore a new feature or tool every day for a year and still have more to learn. I would definitely recommend investing in Ro's video tutorials, even if some were created using older versions of the PSE software. I've only had time to quickly glance at them thus far, but I am eager to get back to spend more time with them. :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Victoria

Photoshop Elements is an amazing package. It has so much bang for your buck. I am a photoshop user mostly and am really surpised at how much elements can do. Like the others before me I would encourage you to do some tutorials to get going. There are so many helpful people here it you get stuck or want to know something, just ask. Happy scrapping!

Archived