Graphic Tablets ?

Eden

I've just heard about graphic tablets and as usual there is an array of them out there. I've watched a number vidoes but still have a few questions:

1. Does the picture / layout you are working on show on the Wacom Intous or does this combine with the monitor?
  2. Are there any issues with using there in combo with Paintshop Pro?
  3. Has anyone used the Wacom Cintiq - I understand that the picture does appear on this?
  4. Also are there any issues with the Cintiq in combination with Paint Shop Pro?

Thanks in advance!

I'll answer the ones I can:

1: I have the Wacom Bamboo tablet - I watch my monitor and "write" on the tablet, so no, my tablet does not show me what I'm doing.

2: I use PS, but no, there shouldn't be any issues with Paint Shop Pro.

3 & 4: don't know

I LOVE my tablet! I use it every time I scrapbook. I use a laptop and have never used a mouse with it. I either use the little touch pad thing on the laptop or my Bamboo tablet.

I'll answer the ones I can:

1: I have the Wacom Bamboo tablet - I watch my monitor and "write" on the tablet, so no, my tablet does not show me what I'm doing.

2: I use PS, but no, there shouldn't be any issues with Paint Shop Pro.

3 & 4: don't know

I LOVE my tablet! I use it every time I scrapbook. I use a laptop and have never used a mouse with it. I either use the little touch pad thing on the laptop or my Bamboo tablet.

Thanks Cheri, They look so great, I'm definately getting one. I take my time to save up and decided. I appreciate your advice.

I have a bamboo fun, the bottom of the line.

I love it, too. The pen works like a mouse - you are looking at the screen, watching the cursor, not the tablet. It takes a little to get the hang of it, and it can be frustrating at first, but it's well worth it.

I recommend playing solitaire just to get familiar with it. :)

I have a bamboo fun, the bottom of the line.

I love it, too. The pen works like a mouse - you are looking at the screen, watching the cursor, not the tablet. It takes a little to get the hang of it, and it can be frustrating at first, but it's well worth it.

I recommend playing solitaire just to get familiar with it. :)

Excellent. It does games too!

I work, scrapbook and design with my Bamboo Fun and I LOVE it!

I was hesitant at first but when the tennis elbow hit and hit hard I had to come up with an alternative to the mouse... and now I would never go back to a mouse again.

love love love my tablet, I have one at home and one at my work office...love it

I rarely use mine anymore (it's older and has a thicker "pen" than I'm used to writing with), but I found it great for drawing in both PS and PSP and also for restoration of old photos.

Have you ever signed for something digitally, like when receiving a delivery? I know my signature always looks like a 6 year old signed for it, probably because I'm out of practice using a stylus. But if I had to sign my name using a mouse, that would really be a mess! I'm sure the new ones must work wonderfully. They're much more affordable than they used to be, so it's not such a gamble. Happy shopping! :)

Hi Eden

I have a Wacom Bamboo fun and love it the times I've used it, which is normally when I have to do very precise erasing, writing, etc.

Like has been mentioned, it takes a little getting used to at first, but works wonderfully and you CAN be very precise with it using a pen as opposed to a mouse or laptop touchpad as I do.

I have two versions of the bamboo and the intuos 4. You don't actually see on the tablet what you are doing. However, with the centique you do it on the screen. I've seen it demonstrated and it is amazing! way beyond what i need though, can't justify the expense. Even the intuos is probably more than I need. I imagine it would work fine with any drawing program. I know my son who uses autoCAD a lot has used it. If you get one, the ones with buttons are very useful because you can program the buttons for the commands you use the most. I use them for "save as" , "file info", "save" , etc. The basic bamboo doesn't have that capability. I have the small size for my bamboo tablets, my take everywhere I take my laptop, ones. I have the medium size intuos which live on the desk with the big iMac. I use it for more detailed work. I love using my tablets for gaming, so much faster moves. You can also program the buttons on the pen and in photoshop, set a preference so the pen pressure is sensed. That is handy for brushwork. The lighter the pen pressure, the smaller the brush, heavier pressure the bigger the brush. I will never go back to a mouse again. Some of the tablets have a special mouse that you can use on the tablet instead of the pen, but I've just thrown those in a drawer and never used them. I picked up the pen and right away knew I was on to something I was going to love, but other people don't adjust to it as easily and some have them and they sit idle. If you could try one out before you buy it would be great, but I will tell you, I absolutely love, love, love mine.

The Bamboo does have 4 buttons that can be programmed (the Intuos has way more:). I use mine for things like "shift" and "control" since those are so often used as modifiers in PS. The right click of the pen can be programed to start up things or perform Photoshop (or PSP) commands. I have it set to open The Font Thing for ease of font choosing, to save, open new document, undo (which will KEEP undoing like in the history section of PS, not just one time use like control/Z), new layer, brush tool, move tool, delete, delete selection. This all keeps hands free to not have to come up to the keyboard as often. I even programed it to open the Word document I keep my layout artist assignments in, and the Excel document in which I keep track of my SG products. I love having my most-used things handy with a simple click!

I have two versions of the bamboo and the intuos 4. You don't actually see on the tablet what you are doing. However, with the centique you do it on the screen. I've seen it demonstrated and it is amazing! way beyond what i need though, can't justify the expense. Even the intuos is probably more than I need. I imagine it would work fine with any drawing program. I know my son who uses autoCAD a lot has used it. If you get one, the ones with buttons are very useful because you can program the buttons for the commands you use the most. I use them for "save as" , "file info", "save" , etc. The basic bamboo doesn't have that capability. I have the small size for my bamboo tablets, my take everywhere I take my laptop, ones. I have the medium size intuos which live on the desk with the big iMac. I use it for more detailed work. I love using my tablets for gaming, so much faster moves. You can also program the buttons on the pen and in photoshop, set a preference so the pen pressure is sensed. That is handy for brushwork. The lighter the pen pressure, the smaller the brush, heavier pressure the bigger the brush. I will never go back to a mouse again. Some of the tablets have a special mouse that you can use on the tablet instead of the pen, but I've just thrown those in a drawer and never used them. I picked up the pen and right away knew I was on to something I was going to love, but other people don't adjust to it as easily and some have them and they sit idle. If you could try one out before you buy it would be great, but I will tell you, I absolutely love, love, love mine.

I have the Bamboo Fun and use it almost exclusively. The best advice I got when starting out was to forget your mouse and use the pen for everything. It forces you to make those new eye-hand links in the brain - much faster to get comfortable with the pen.

Archived