Pse 10 And Windows 7

cattledog girl

I purchased PSE 10 at Cost Co and my laptop will not read the disc so I can't even download it. I have a HP wit windows 7. My husbands laptop is 5 years older then mine with windows vista and his computer reads it. As well, my desk top at work reads the disc as well. Can anyone tell me why this happening. I did connect my portable hard drive to my husbands computer and downloaded PSE10 onto that and then used my portable hard drive to copy it on my laptop, but not everything downloaded correctly, like my organizer and some of the effects. Help please!

Hi, and welcome!

Yes, downloading the trial edition from Adobe and then entering the serial number you received is probably the most expedient solution.

It's possible the disk is not written cleanly, or that the reader on your DVD drive can't read at the edges or something. Given that you think your spouse's laptop didn't get everything from the disk implies that _something_ is wrong with it. The other easy choice may be to return the software to Costco for an exchange.

On Windows 7, be sure you choose the appropriate 32 bit or 64 bit installation if it's offered when it starts working.

Welcome to Scrap Girls!

As long as you've bought a copy of PSE 10 and have a serial number, it shouldn't matter if your trial period is up. If it's still on your computer, open it and I think it will give you the option to buy or put in your serial number. And I think the serial numbers are version specific, so it probably wouldn't work to download PSE 9. Sorry for so many "thinks"--I've used this method with another Adobe product, but not PSE.

Photoshop won't work correctly if you've tried to install and load on an EHD. Did you check the that your computer meets the minimum system requirements? You'll want to visit the manufacturer's or Microsoft's website to make sure your video card and stuff have the latest updates. Does your computer have sufficient memory to install the disc? And have you run a check for spyware and viruses? I'd suggest going over all those things, and if all else fails contact Adobe support. They're super helpful. You can talk to them online or via their customer support number. Best of luck to you!

Thank you Katherine for your input. I do not know what EHD means. If I was able to download the trial version of PSE 10 and it worked fine, wouldn't that mean that my computer meets all the system requirements? My husbands computer is older than mine and I know that I have more updated technology and I know that I have more memory, and the PSE 10 disc downloaded on his computer was able to read the disc. I took nutmegs advice, thank you so much :), and I downloaded the trial version again and put my serial number in and it seemed to work, because now I can use my PSE 10 organizer and before I couldn't. That was one of the issues I had. I still have another issue, when i open up PSE 10 the effects, layer styles and photo effect do not show up on the side panel and when I first downloaded PSE 10 trial version they did. Is there something I need to do to make them show up or is something still wrong with the program?

Archived