#1 pencilcreations

pencilcreations

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

http://www.phrizbie-...hair_studio.htm

Hey everyone! I am a newbie here on the forums although I have been a member here for about a year. I am trying to redo some
Of my label designs for my business and would like to create this button effect. Some of you have some
Buttons on your signature lines. Is there a tutorial on how to do this in psp8? I am assuming that most use the tools created for photoshop. Are there tools that can be used in paint shop also to create this same effect? I have tries using the glass effect on eye candy (which I love) and also cutouts but it's not producing the look I am after. Does psp x4 have any tools like this? I am trying to decide if I want to purchase pspx4, alien skins eye candy or a student edition of adobe elements? Any help you all can give me would be great!

Thanks!
Tina

#2 pencilcreations

pencilcreations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

http://www.phrizbie-.../mochachic.html

http://www.phrizbie-...air_studio.html

Sorry about the broken link in the first post! Hopefully these will work.

#3 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,412 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

I think you can get a similar look with these styles. Scrapsimple Tools - Styles: Bubbles And Glass 6301 When I use it, I duplicate the layer and apply the style to the top layer. Go through the different style options and scale the effects as needed to get that look. :)

You'll need the Commercial License version... Scrapsimple Tools - Styles: Bubbles And Glass 6301 - Commercial License

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#4 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,412 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

I think you can get a similar look with these styles. Scrapsimple Tools - Styles: Bubbles And Glass 6301 When I use it, I duplicate the layer and apply the style to the top layer. Go through the different style options and scale the effects as needed to get that look. :)

You'll need the Commercial License version... Scrapsimple Tools - Styles: Bubbles And Glass 6301 - Commercial License

Whoops, I forgot you're using PSP..... I have no idea - maybe get the 30 day trial of Photoshop so you can use the style. It is super easy to use.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#5 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,412 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

There are some PSP Scripts in the Boutique, but they don't appear to have the same glassy look as your example.
Scrapsimple Tools - Psp Script: Bold Metallics 4604 Commercial License
ScrapSimple Tools - PSP Script: Silvers 4602-Commercial License

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

#6 pencilcreations

pencilcreations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

Thanks April. Iay actually just buy the photoshop elements program to create that look. It will be a whole lot less expensive than buying the eye candy program even though I like that program Alot too. I will check into a free trial for elements to give me a chance to play with it.

#7 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:35 PM

I think you'll find after buy PSE that you'll enjoy using it.

I don't know very much about PSP but does it have some built in styles? I know the built in ones in PSE aren't anywhere as cool as the ones in the Boutique here, but it's just and ida.

#8 pencilcreations

pencilcreations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:39 AM

Psp does have a built in bubbles n balls effect. It's just not giving me the look I am wanting. I may just need to play around with it some more though- just learned it was there. Lol. I am a bit nervous about switching programs because i have used psp8 for about 9 years-never upgraded. But I love all the cool stuff that is for elements in the boutique. Can I transfer all my plugins, brushes and pic tubes to elements?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users